Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

For anyone interested, been adding my fave 2024 tunes to this playlist. By no means exhaustive as time so limited now and a fair few are only available elsewhere

*hugely looking forward to the new Quiet Village. Only heard teasers so far (I know Johnny Vodka's a fan)
New quiet village is amazing! It’s in the Luke Una Phonica mix if you want the whole thing…29/30 mins in…

enjoyed all of this mate. wasn't entirely sure on the talking rapper type streets track a few before the end, maybe thats an age thing with me?

I tried chill mix on Sunday but had to abort due to too many mistakes. Its far from easy doing these type of mixes and track selection/programming needs to be spot on; I take my hat off to you.
Thanks mate...was a quick turnaround on this one had to get it sorted in 3 days really...the spoken word track not strictly balearic...totally take your point, but I love the track and there were a few musical phrases at the end of it that made me think it might pair nicely with the mica levi track after...probs sticks out a bit though!

Yeah it's deffo more about the programming...will potentially go more beat driven down the line just aware that it goes out at 8am so always feel like I need to think about how we get to that point. Had an idea of doing one where its 8am at the afters and its all druggy/chuggy but tbh really enjoying the mix of accoustic/ambient stuff at the mo!

Thanks so much for listening and supporting as always mate

I tried chill mix on Sunday but had to abort due to too many mistakes. Its far from easy doing these type of mixes and track selection/programming needs to be spot on; I take my hat off to you.

I wouldn't worry too much about beatmatching when it's downtempo. You're simply trying to create a mood not win the DMC championships. Moonboots once told me he just plays whatever's in his carrier bag. Alfredo did the same in a more innocent era when he just played whatever he liked or could get his hands on. As soon as you start over analysing what to play, you lose that spontaneous fun.

I wouldn't worry too much about beatmatching when it's downtempo. You're simply trying to create a mood not win the DMC championships. Moonboots once told me he just plays whatever's in his carrier bag. Alfredo did the same in a more innocent era when he just played whatever he liked or could get his hands on. As soon as you start over analysing what to play, you lose that spontaneous fun.
I wasn't, well it wasn't my intention until maybe about 30 mins in but never got that far. It was the programming, maybe even the change in some energy levels; ive probably overthought it tbh hombre.

I might give it another go today, in fairness I did have a mild hangover on Sunday

The return of Bangalter (at times noodly, experimental, but segues into some beautiful moments too - nothing to do with daft punk).

I think it was recorded at the Paris Opera House

Set aside SIX hours to get fully immersed :!:

Back