Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

Guys, I’ve gone all “Nordic” recently after watching that Northern Disco Lights. Hit me up with some Balearic crossover tracks.

aka Scandolearic. so many good times.. here are 15 faves off top of head.

terje - eurodans
terje - inspector norse
terje - strandbar
terje - snooze 4 love
magnus international - kosmetisk
lindstrom - let it happen (vangelis cover)
lindstrom - contemporary fix
lindstrom - another station (terje rmx)
mungolian jetset - prog rocks & moon rocks (og)
laars - none
bjorn torske - nitten nitti (og + harvey mix)
Kasper Bjorke - Heaven (prins thomas discomiks)
Lindstrom & Prins Thomas - turkish delight
Blackjoy - moustache (prins thomas rmx)
Ytre Rymden Dansskola - Kahluha Madness

+ basically anything off the feedelity, full pupp, smalltown supersound labels - this music soundtracked some of my fave nights out in London from the darkest nights at the Corsica Studios via ALFOS to boat parties and sunkissed afternoons at the Lowlife festival and beyond.. lost touch a bit over the last few years sadly. I'm sure there are still some gems in the more recent releases.

I have some tracks from the “big three” Thomas, Terje and Lindstrom already. They are more up tempo higher energy 5 or 6.
I was telling my daughter about the film and played some tracks from it; I’d bought some from the soundtrack. She commented that she didn’t realise how much Norwegian stuff she was already listening to without realising

This is brilliant mate, thanks.
aka Scandolearic. so many good times.. here are 15 faves off top of head.

terje - eurodans
terje - inspector norse
terje - strandbar
terje - snooze 4 love
magnus international - kosmetisk
lindstrom - let it happen (vangelis cover)
lindstrom - contemporary fix
lindstrom - another station (terje rmx)
mungolian jetset - prog rocks & moon rocks (og)
laars - none
bjorn torske - nitten nitti (og + harvey mix)
Kasper Bjorke - Heaven (prins thomas discomiks)
Lindstrom & Prins Thomas - turkish delight
Blackjoy - moustache (prins thomas rmx)
Ytre Rymden Dansskola - Kahluha Madness

+ basically anything off the feedelity, full pupp, smalltown supersound labels - this music soundtracked some of my fave nights out in London from the darkest nights at the Corsica Studios via ALFOS to boat parties and sunkissed afternoons at the Lowlife festival and beyond.. lost touch a bit over the last few years sadly. I'm sure there are still some gems in the more recent releases.
I knew you’d come up with the goods 👍

In the late 90s I totally lost touch with what was happening in dance music. Nothing was really appealing to me and the music I was buying was old secondhand records. It wasn’t until early 2000 I started discovering slower electronic music via The Big Chill and stumbling on The Real Ibiza cd series on React. I’m just gutted I had no idea what was going on in Norway at the time. It wasn’t until the documentary came out that I found out what was going on. Shame it was too late by then.

yeah me too. the blue room was a gamechanger for me and then it was on to bestival, big chill and then everything just grew from there. a lot of people I know are still into music but hardly go out anymore. I think people save themselves for the summer. we just hired a camper for a little festie in SW France where we went last summer. possible highlight of the year.

yeah me too. the blue room was a gamechanger for me and then it was on to bestival, big chill and then everything just grew from there. a lot of people I know are still into music but hardly go out anymore. I think people save themselves for the summer. we just hired a camper for a little festie in SW France where we went last summer. possible highlight of the year.
Where abouts in SW France? My mother in laws lives near Beziers. We’re there every summer.

oh yeah and in this week's WTAF moment

The wonderful, wonderful Steve Davis talks to Test Pressing ahead of his forthcoming gig at Convenanza (!!!!)

Somewhere in the sky I can imagine AW smiling.

Following Klaus Schulze's sad passing this week, there's not many of the great German 70s electronic wizards now left - perhaps only Michael Rother (Neu) still doing things?

Aside from Tangerine Dream, this was my fave Schulze music - an early 80s collab with Michael Shrieve (Santana's drummer at Woodstock) which has all those ambient filmscore elements I like and which imo still stands up today

Last edited:
Amidst all the dross on Croatian tv/radio, this caught my ear the other day.

*Hopef attending something in Dubrovnik this wkd called Klub Dubina the mighty Ilja Rudman has a hand in.

Back