Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

nice little feature on Mark E - one of the best in the business

Nice, I've put it on the read list. Bought that 'Scared' record from Padilla's personal collection some years ago, may he rest in balearic peace.

Last edited:
Nice, I've put it on the read list. Bought that 'Scared' record from Padilla's personal collection some years ago, may he rest in balearic peace.

really, no way? I thought that whole Jiscomusic series was really good - Some of them (mainly him and The Revenge) tended to rely on endless cheeky disco loops that usually played out really well at parties. whereas in recent years he's got more ambitious delving more into darker synths and stuff for his own material. tbh I think a lot of people just got bored pilfering disco, perhaps also running out of untapped material to work with?

really, no way? I thought that whole Jiscomusic series was really good - Some of them (mainly him and The Revenge) tended to rely on endless cheeky disco loops that usually played out really well at parties. whereas in recent years he's got more ambitious delving more into darker synths and stuff for his own material. tbh I think a lot of people just got bored pilfering disco, perhaps also running out of untapped material to work with?
It was coincidence actually. He didn't use his real name for the discogs sale (looks like a middleman from the mainland was involved) but the package gave it away.

IMG_20221008_101207.jpg
Need to look more into that label's history.

Anyway, enjoying this album at the moment.

A 2021 favourite, perfect for early mornings. Music for the mind, and theremin fans.

Last edited:
We’ve just released a new one on the label today. Two Ends is a low key artist that impressed with his album on Planet Trip last year. Here he delivers three original tracks that are rich in colourful melodies and dreamy textures, drifting beautifully between deep house and a warm downtempo feeling. Remixes come in the form of a gorgeous blissed out rework from LOVA and two offerings from myself

We’ve just released a new one on the label today. Two Ends is a low key artist that impressed with his album on Planet Trip last year. Here he delivers three original tracks that are rich in colourful melodies and dreamy textures, drifting beautifully between deep house and a warm downtempo feeling. Remixes come in the form of a gorgeous blissed out rework from LOVA and two offerings from myself

Going to check these out. Cheers.

If you're into what I'm into, well worth tuning into Budapest DJ George Mihaly. He does a regular show called QMLS which is really good (all the modern stuff I'm into basically)

TL

01.Intro and Mudd - Speilplatz (Quiet Village unreleased instrumental remix)
02.Mildlife - Citations (LeoZeroRemix)
03.Elado - Hipos
04.Kimo - Night Light
05.Ancestral - Flamingos (Richard Elcox & Matija's Funky Pink Birds remix)
06.Statues - Lele (Statues Rework)
07.4 M International - Space Operator (Donato Dozzy Cadillac Rhythms Reshape)
08.Islandman & Tamikrest - Tarhamanine Assinegh
09.Kabinett - Space
10.Marma Boog - Sour Indian
11.Mushrooms Project - Mondo Janga
12.Dionigi - Drop One
13.Bufi - Baile Muerto
14.Sara Loreni - Neve A Maggio (Mushrooms Project Disco Maxi Single Mix)
15.Cole Odin - Dawn's Approaching (Psychemagik Remix)
16.Rheinzand - Strange World (Richard Sen Remix)
17.Triptique Musique - Marrakesh (Mushrooms Project Remix)
18.Random Atlas & Marzian - Barricada
19.Alejandro Veneno & Cabizbajo - Torino
20.Satenove Ruky - Na Plny Plyn (Tasun remix)
21.Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome To The Pleasuredome (Minke remix)

Archive here >

been giving this a listen this morning, enjoying it. It certainly does go darker!

You may have noticed Yello in there. It was Greg Wilson who put me back on to them many moons back when he featured Lost Again on Credit to the edit vol 1 (a really excellent comp series if you've not already got it). They feel like a novelty act yet have always made this amazing music. (someone told me Alfredo was a huge fan of The Race back in 1988 and I can see why!)

You may have noticed Yello in there. It was Greg Wilson who put me back on to them many moons back when he featured Lost Again on Credit to the edit vol 1 (a really excellent comp series if you've not already got it). They feel like a novelty act yet have always made this amazing music. (someone told me Alfredo was a huge fan of The Race back in 1988 and I can see why!)

Love everything Yello, when balearic was more concealed and edgy.

As featured on Volumen Cuatro of the wonderful Balearic Sound vinyl series:

As heard on Padilla's 2nd tape (around 00:10:00):

Now listening to the 2nd track of their 5th studio album, excellent pressing quality:

I’ve got this sat in a pile at home along with a load of other 12s, Albums on CD and Vinyl that I’ve bought over past 12 months or so. Picked it up at one of these “Media” focused charity shops so paid a little more than from a bargain bin; couldn’t resist a 13.22 minute track.

Tracks grabbing my attention on this mix are (assuming Shazam is correct)
And the track at 1hr20 - ID?

I’ve got this sat in a pile at home along with a load of other 12s, Albums on CD and Vinyl that I’ve bought over past 12 months or so. Picked it up at one of these “Media” focused charity shops so paid a little more than from a bargain bin; couldn’t resist a 13.22 minute track.

Tracks grabbing my attention on this mix are (assuming Shazam is correct)
And the track at 1hr20 - ID?

TL
Akio Nagase - African Acid EP (tracks 2&4)
Jezebellearic EP (all 3 tracks)
Gallo Abysso (rmx)
Chris Coco/Rocca/Danielle from Crazy P - your sunshine (coco rmx)
Rude Movements - sun palace (fk)
Craig Bratley - computer controlled (velvet season & hearts of gold)
Pilooski - le jeune tarentin
Yello - lost again
Paulor - spaceship (superpitcher space trip)
ID _UA - think
Younger than Me - disco rootz (fabrizio mamarella rmx)
Kincaid - Bulfas <<<< this one??
Kalabrese - kevin und Sandra
Vendetta Suite - warehouse rock
Phenomenal Handclap Band - remain silent (superpitcher)

Back