Atlantis.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
hihi ok?!
but is the place worth anything...?McRackin posted some pic´s but it didn´t look as if the place was pretty at all or am I mistaken? hopefully I am

Mid said:
I've been to Ibiza twice before and can't seem to find anybody willing to tell me where this beach is......anybody here have a clue?? (or willing to let the cat out of the bag)?? I've heard its the most beautiful/secluded beach on the island.......

probably beside the sea :D

Unfortunately ibiza girlie, your not mistaken. I didnt think it was anything special at all, in fact it was probably one of the most ugly places we saw when we were there. I suppose peeps dont go for the beauty of it tho, just to say they've been. At least we can say that!

oh no! there I was getting all excited & planning to look for it this summer & I just read your comments, don't think I bother now, sounds a waste of time.

Ibiza-girlie said:
McRackin posted some pic´s but it didn´t look as if the place was pretty at all or am I mistaken? hopefully I am

yes you are!! :lol:

sexki11en said:
Unfortunately ibiza girlie, your not mistaken. I didnt think it was anything special at all, in fact it was probably one of the most ugly places we saw when we were there. I suppose peeps dont go for the beauty of it tho, just to say they've been. At least we can say that!

i have to inform you that you didnt go to atlantis. i havent met anybody yet that has actually been there and described it as ugly!! :rolleyes:

rocks.jpg

To be honest we only saw it by boat and didnt quite get close enough to really give an honest comment, although we were pretty close. From the sea it didnt stand out as anything really special, but then I guess you had to actuallt be there to appreciate it. We did however search for it by car and followed some basic directions laid out which didnt seem to help in locating it. The roads in ibiza are not very clearly mapped out and it is easy to get on the wrong road, although I am sure we were quite close and must have missed it by a gnats whisker! We did spend a considerable amount of time trying to locate the place and eventually had to hold our hands up in the air and admit defeat.

Although I can say now that this will NOT be my last attempt! I am sure that someone out there can give us a little helping "nudge"... you wouldnt want to see us try so hard, get so close and then fail would you? Some people, like those who grafitti'd the place obviously went for the wrong reasons, but we were only going to appreciate the place.

Any tips via PM will be more than welcomed! ;)

Lol McRackin, it was just a bunch of rocks! I was expecting this magical beautiful beach. what a disapointment :cry:

"a bunch of rocks"

well if Atlantis = bunch of rocks:

Benirras = lumps of sand
Mona Lisa = blobs of paint
Pyramids in Egypt = piles of stones
Amazon rainforest = crop of trees

And what does that make England's second city?! Maybe you could fill in the blank sexki11en?

Birmingham =

i don´t understand that second city reference.

anybody from manchester will tell you that britain´s second city is london!

i don´t understand that second city reference.

anybody from manchester will tell you that britain´s second city is london!
And seeing as I've just moved to Brighton, I can assure you that neither Manchester or London are number one!

ha, ha, I must LOL when read all this stories of atlantis, and specially that someone means he has seen atlantis, but it was only a liitle rock of the coast, it shows that none of them have an idea what atlanits really means, some really mean its a BEACH!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....... so now you all see why it IS a secret location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...you CANT see it from the sea! ;)

Atlantis is not a secret... u just have to walk and to go away from the principal road..

What i can say is that it s very very closed to es cubell

Toffer said:
Right, well I have no Idea (in theory) where this place is, BUT I am staying in a villa just a few Km's to the north of my suspected site.

I think we can establish the following :-

1) It is somewhere between ES Cubells and Cala D'Hort
2) It is the site of a disused quarry where previously the sandstone blocks were removed for the construction of the fortress in Ibiza.

You re right toffer, atlantis is very closed to es cubells !!!! ;)

yes atlantis is great but it s not a secret anymore..just go to 'mirador des savinar' or 'torre de pirata' and u will the way....

This is an excursion for the fit and healthy only. Atlantis is a beautiful beach opposite an impressive rock called Es Vedrá, close to Cala d'Hort beach. Take the road from San Antonio to Cala d'Hort and turn at La Torre de es Savinar to the beach. The steep drop leads to a thin stretch of sand 250m-long leading to the old half-submerged stone quarry. Don't miss the natural cave with a painted image of the God, Shiva, who is claimed to protect the cave temple. The trek back up the slope is a challenge, but worth the effort.

There are loads of organised treks to Atlantis, ecoibiza and global spirit for starters. I think the days of Atlantis being secret are long gone, last time i was there (last year), there was another 100 or so with me. Not very secret! i once went and there was only me & mrs and another couple watching the sunset. very romantic

newg said:
This is an excursion for the fit and healthy only. The trek back up the slope is a challenge, but worth the effort.

Tell me about it I nearly passed out on the way back up! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back