Around Ibiza on a Budget

Respect to you for doing something a bit different and doing a week in Ibiza the way you want to. That's what it's all about.

Blimey, I thought I was a mess after I returned this year...and that was with plenty of sleeping!

I got a really nice daytime kip on a sun lounger in Talamanca this year. Ok, it was 8e, but far nicer than the sand and would be ideal in Aaron's situation. Actually really enjoy napping on the beach.

If i stay awake too long now (ie. 24+ hours) i get pretty bad sleep paralysis episodes when i do eventually sleep which can happen every night for 7-10 days after. And it never happened before at all until a particularly messy closing parties ibiza sesh in September 2006.

during closing parties I normally also have one or two really long sessions that go over three days (so two nights with no sleep). I've never taken it further than that and I honestly also wouldn't want to, at some point I just want to rest no matter what.

obviously I then also pay for those sessions over the course of the next few days after.

If i stay awake too long now (ie. 24+ hours) i get pretty bad sleep paralysis episodes when i do eventually sleep

Same. Although it usually occurs with me after festivals or small trips away where all night antics have taken place and I've survived on just 2-3 hours sleep per night.

Some maddd paralysis went down off the back of Glastonbury this year!

No way could i go 5 nights without sleep - even with any 'enhancements' - trippin wouldn't be the word! :eek:

Aaron, you speak as though you had a cracking trip so good onya pal.

I will not precisely be on a budget. But I am still wondering how much should I take with me. I have a bunch of activities planned and all my clubs sorted. I am not planning on drinking a lot so I would only spend on food and the occasional souvenir. Would 70 Euro a day do it? Thoughts?

Ibiza can be as cheap, or as expensive as you want it to be. I've played both sides of the coin and honestly don't see the need to spend crazy "just because it's Ibiza"

I'll have one or two drinks when I arriave at the club, max. Sometimes none if I'm already well lubed up.

During the day I tend to stick to water and a nice salad with meat or a veg dish with some carbs for lunch. Nice big meal around 7-8 with a nice relax before hitting the drink again for the night! Not including club tickets, most days are below €70 a day. The big money burner in Ibiza is colombian marching powder (which I don't take) and drinking in clubs). If you can avoid those, it's not much more expensive than any other spanish holiday destination.

Supermarkets are cheap (if you avoid the ones on the main streets)

Last edited:
Ibiza can be as cheap, or as expensive as you want it to be. I've played both sides of the coin and honestly don't see the need to spend crazy "just because it's Ibiza"

I'll have one of two drinks when I arriave at the club, max. Sometimes none if I'm already well lubed up, and get straight on the good stuff.

During the day I tend to stick to water and a nice salad with meat or a veg dish with some carbs for lunch. Nice big meal around 7-8 with a nice relax before hitting the drink again for the night! Not including club tickets, most days are below €70 a day. The big money burner in Ibiza is colombian marching powder (which I don't take) and drinking in clubs). If you can avoid those, it's not much more expensive than any other spanish holiday destination.

Most of my holiday money in ibiza goes on tickets and booze in the clubs as i dont touch any drugs, but i might crush a few pro plus up and snort that! See what thats saying haha D)

I'll have one of two drinks when I arriave at the club, max. Sometimes none if I'm already well lubed up, and get straight on the good stuff.

Agree with lots of this^

If people are skint you can ask for a workers meal at Burger King- 5 e for a double bacon with BBQ sauce, chips and drink. I wasn't on particularly low budget but still had one this year. The salads from spar are not too bad either

I thought kimagy did well on 2 nights in a car but 2 nights out of 7 is savage, bet you had the twitches and flashing lights as you tried to sleep for days! My sides are splitting :lol::lol:

3 nights actually lol - and had no hotel at either end just blagged a shower in dodgy randoms' apartments :D

Do you mean the kind people who generously offered you the use of their facilities

:lol: ... sorry - in joke between myself and Ollienotts. The first time I met him with an SUV and a bonkers suntan after too many trips out that year he got a paranoia I might be planning to rob his villa or something :lol::lol::lol::lol::spank::spank::spank: If I remember right his was one of the places I availed myself of said facilities !

Nice read :)
ibz 16, the year i started not to sleep in a bed :D
4-5 days is the max u stay awake then u pass out. :eek:
Half "Air bnb" n half "No rest".

Ibz NOW on a shoe string, part of ibz19 FUN :cool:

Back