Around Ibiza on a Budget

Probably not. Had to keep my energy levels up and eat and drink as much as possible to stay awake and alert. Previous years I would go clubbing every night (almost every night). I knew if I tried that this year I would probably have collapsed from lack of energy and sleep (or ended up taking some 'special medication' to keep me awake). No thanks! Don't know what those guys are really selling. Bet they don't even know themselves!

Reactions: PP
Why did you knock your only two nights in a hotel out on the 1st and 3rd days? If going 5 days without sleep isn't bad enough, at the start of day 4 the best you've got to look forward to is a kip on the beach.

There's plenty of places he could of layed about in the day at hotels on the beds pretending he's a guest especially if he'd got there early enough in the am and had a sleep.
Crazy :lol:

We've all done it over the years.I remember using hotel for breakfast and dinner for a week or two when friends of ours left,we were stay in a hostal and we came down every day just ate and used the pool. No one ever ask were we guests..this was 20years ago.different story now I know..

Last edited:
Sal Rossa in PDB are fine with people using their pool as long as your buying a drink or two. At least they were the year before last.

Did not want to sleep during the day in case I missed something. I was there to explore this time and see as much as possible at daylight. I packed lightly, just a simple sling bag around my shoulder and I was ready to go. Needed a place to stay when I arrived on Sunday night so I booked a budget hotel in San Antonio. Went to Pacha the next day and I knew I would be tired out, so I booked another budget hotel in Es Canar as I was heading towards that direction. It was also the cheapest place I could find on booking.com at the time I booked my flights. Ate at English cafes and at beach restaurants like this one Cala Comte. Other days just went to the local Spar. My original plan was to walk around the entire coastline from Es Canar to Portinatx and cover as many miles as possible during the day. It really was about endurance and seeing what google images could not see. I like a good adventure and a challenge. Recently watched the Tom Hanks film Castaway. Guess it motivated me to try this out. Enjoyed it, but it was hard work. A can of beer at the end of the day felt really rewarding.

A few photos I took last Thursday in Cala Comte.

Cala4.jpg Cala3.jpg Cala2.jpg Cala1.jpg Cala5.jpg

Last edited:
Fair play to you mate. My next trip to the island will be of a similar nature but we'll have a hotel each night!

You went to Sunset Ashram for a budget meal?:confused:

It was the most expensive place, but I stayed within my daily budget. Bought a meat sandwich and a glass of Coco Loco. :cool: Came to about 25 euros. We were each given a hand buzzer with a number and when it vibrated we pressed the signal button and collected our food, or the waiter brought the food to us. When I left I realized there were two more restaurants close by. Take it I went to the most expensive one? Good company though. :p

I was asking myself the same. a summer sleeping bag costs 25€ at decathlon and would have given you a few hours of sweet kip every night

Are Ibizan authorities fine with people sleeping rough? Like fair enough turn a blind eye if a guy has had too much and passed out but if someones got a kipping bag theyre obviously kipping rough

Aaron may i suggest next time you want to explore Ibiza, head over in May. Great westher and flights/accom/car hire and pretty much everything else is cheap as chips. Time it for the second week and you'll catch the medieval festival. And there are wee one off parties here and there as well. No need for walking around for 5 days without sleep. :lol:

Hats off again. This is the funniest thread on here in ages!! :lol::lol::lol:

Back