Armada 2009

Does anybody know what the Armada opening party will be like without AVB?

hang on, just gimme a minute............

crystal-ball.jpg

Haha, nice...I meant how were Armada Tuesdays last year when Armin was m.i.a? I know he missed a couple last year...how's the crowd/music? Also this summer Marcus Schulz is touring, so he won't be there either.

I wonder if we are going to see someone like Above And Beyond this year at Armada this as they haven't been booked for Cream. They've got that new Oceanlab doing the rounds, plus the new Anjuna Deep album so fingers crossed eh?

Haha, nice...I meant how were Armada Tuesdays last year when Armin was m.i.a? I know he missed a couple last year...how's the crowd/music? Also this summer Marcus Schulz is touring, so he won't be there either.

check the confirmed section - i've moved Markus Schulz's dates there

I wonder if we are going to see someone like Above And Beyond this year at Armada this as they haven't been booked for Cream. They've got that new Oceanlab doing the rounds, plus the new Anjuna Deep album so fingers crossed eh?
Above & Beyond won't be at Ibiza at all this summer...straight from the horse's mouth!;)

I've just seen the inital Armada line ups in the "Confirmed Line Ups" part of the forums.

And you know, it seems as though the problem I had with the Cream line ups is in total reverse with these Armada line ups. Whereas the Cream line up is slightly disappointing for the week I'm there, the line ups for Armada are largely underwhelming other than the one I'll have the option of going to.

I'm assuming the note "A State Of Trance" on July 14th means that at least some (or maybe all) that night will be broadcast on Armin's show the Thurday after? And I'm also assuming that "very special guests" means that some proper big guns are gonna be rolled out for that week?

If so, my dilemma as to what to do on the Tuesday of my hol is well and truly back on? How could I miss "being at" an ASOT episode?:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently it's true, armin isn't doing the opening.

bit of weird one....

Have you seen the calendar mate? it says Schulz is playing an 8 hour set on the 15th of sep for the closing and there's no mention of Armin?

Could armin be missing the opening AND closing of his own night?! :confused:

or could they possibly add another date on the 22nd?

Can't believe we specifically chose to go a bit earlier this year for Armada and he might not be playing :lol:

Yeap Ferd it's true and confirmed...Armin won't do the closing party of Armada and that is on 15th September.Marcus Schulz will be there instead.No other date will be added.

Have you seen the calendar mate? it says Schulz is playing an 8 hour set on the 15th of sep for the closing and there's no mention of Armin?

Could armin be missing the opening AND closing of his own night?! :confused:

or could they possibly add another date on the 22nd?

Can't believe we specifically chose to go a bit earlier this year for Armada and he might not be playing :lol:

I dont think he will be playing the closer to be honest- i think he's stepping aside and letting the others handle it- after all it's an Armada night and not just specifically about Armin.

AVB is playing an 8hr set when i'm there. Had such a good time last time i saw him do this but I think i will be Space bound that night!

How busy does Armada normally get btw? I assume it's not quite as rammed as Cream. But I take it that it's still busy enough to create a quality atmosphere?

How busy does Armada normally get btw? I assume it's not quite as rammed as Cream. But I take it that it's still busy enough to create a quality atmosphere?

Nicely busy - not overly rammed , still plenty of space to dance - in terms of crowd numbers i'd say it was just right!

main room, if you're right in the middle of it, yeah its ok. altho if you step out of that middle zone (for water, toilet, sit down), the emptiness dawns on you.

the terrace is so big it feels empty whatever.

just doesn't compare to the atmosphere that gets generated at cream or cocoon.

main room, if you're right in the middle of it, yeah its ok. altho if you step out of that middle zone (for water, toilet, sit down), the emptiness dawns on you.

Yeah, that confirms what I suspected.

Sounds like a more laid back affair, which itself can have it's advantages, but, however good the line up, by no means a substitute for the atmosphere of Cream.

I never went into the terrace when i went it was Sundown and the r'n'b thing the year after. Although your right about the emptiness in some places in the club I thought the main floor was awesome - really had a good vibe about it.

Word.

I never went into the terrace when i went it was Sundown and the r'n'b thing the year after. Although your right about the emptiness in some places in the club I thought the main floor was awesome - really had a good vibe about it.

didn't you go last year then? i think it's slowly been getting emptier and emptier, last year worse than ever.

didn't you go last year then? i think it's slowly been getting emptier and emptier, last year worse than ever.

No I didn't go mate, but I read that on here- I thought it would have been getting busier!

Bit of a weird one :confused:

Back