Appeal: calling all workers!!!

N

ninajewel

Hiya... I am a newbie to this site and going to Ibiza in May for my third season working out there. I expected to find loads of workers on here but I only seem to be finding people holidaying in Ibiza...with very few workers.
I just wanna chat about general living out there and stuff... would be nice finding a few people who are interested in getting a place together early on rather than the usual last mintue Ship dash for rooms!!! I have done PR and delivering mags and bar work... wonder what season 2004 will hold for me??? Counting the days...

hi there i am going out to work aswell 3rd of may i am off its my 1st year to work there where are you hopeing to work then i may have a bar job soon in the welsh bar

so what is it realy like then !!! i knoe there is going to be a lot of hard work but do you have any time to do the stuff you want to do then !!!

Hey Markus...

Well it depends on what job you do on what time you have to yourself... it varies even from bar to bar... there is no way of knowing until you are there!! Last time we were lucky in that my boyf and I worked for the same place and we only worked in the evenings - midnight till about 4am... then we had the rest of the night free to go out and do what we wanted... then the day on the beach or in bed to recover!!! I'm hoping to do PR work, dancing or anything that is lots of cash for little work!! I'm really not bothered though... it gets so you are greatful for whatever work you can get, anything is better than wokring in the UK!! There are also usually a couple of lulls during the season when there is alot of work and not enough workers to do it... the same with accomodation... when some people who have been out there since may are feeling tired and ready to go home! But most of the time it is a desperate dash for any jobs available... my advice to you would be if you are offered any kind of work TAKE IT you cannot afford to be too choosy ;)

Congrats if you have a job in advance, that almost NEVER happens!! We just wait and see what is out there... but hopefully find somewhere pretty quick.

It is hot, sexy and very very chilled out!! I don't think it is anything like going there on holiday... I think you kind of respect it more and there is a nice workers community. Are you flying over or driving over??? If you haven't got your own car I would recommend hiring a ped or a car... so you can get round the island.

Markus... you are gonna have the summer of you life man... hope to see you out there ;)

xxNina

thanks nina that got my heart pumping !!!! :p really cant wait now !!!

when you finish work at 4am is there still bars open then or is it just the clubs ??

i think i will hire a ped if there not to expensive !!

mabe we can meet up for a drink when we all get there ??

can't wait to get out of this shithole if a country

Well most of the bars are closed by then but yeah the clubs are open till riduculous o'clock, then the bars open for the after parties about 7am I think...so even if you don't get into a club you won't be waiting for long till a bar opens up again!

Yep defo meet up for a drink and a sunset sometime :D I think I will keep using this site when I get there to keep in touch... so far though I have only come accross you plus one other worker on this site.. but I have only been on it since Friday I think!!

Agreed... can't wait to get out of England... it sucks!

hi nina. :p

how much cash do u think is needed to get out there and on ur feet?
im going away till may 3rd and once back would love to disapear to beefa for the season,ive never worked there either but would happily be a manumission girl do bar work or Pr'ing.

the only thing holding me back except cash is id like to go out there with someone to share a place,however not with someone close as i like new people to share things with and to see if a new friendship happens.
would paying for a hotel for a week and say £100-£200 get u started?

when is the best tme to go?
cheers,soz for all the Q's 8)

hi nat i will be using this site as well how long do you think it will take you to drive there then !! how many of you are going then

i think people who use this site are people who live in ibiza or are going on holls whos the other person then !!

Hey kitty...

I would suggest that you book a cheapie last minute holiday to Beefa... I would get two weeks to be on the safe side.

I wouldn't know about getting there on foot... we always drive a van over and it costs about £600 (for 2 people). But you should be able to get a flight and accomodation for a couple of weeks for a couple of hundred.

Once you're there you can immediately start looking for work and somewhere to live... you will have no problems finding people to live with believe me!!! If it all goes wrong in those two weeks you still hvae your flight home and you have had a good holiday... thats the best advice I can give. If you don't find a job its all about hanging on by your toenails and how brave you can be! There are no guarantees of work... its hard to get and usually found by luck alone to be honest!! Also like I said to Markus, be as flexible as possible and take any work going, as its ahrd to find.

I'm not sure about accomodation costs this year as I haven't been for a couple of years but in 2002 we paid about £300 a month for a room in San An in a VERY crowded flat of about 10 people!! Its fun though and well worth it!!!

Hope to see you there!!
xxNina

markus said:
hi nat i will be using this site as well how long do you think it will take you to drive there then !! how many of you are going then

i think people who use this site are people who live in ibiza or are going on holls whos the other person then !!

Just me and my boyf this year... we went with a couple of others last time and it all went totally pearshaped!!! This time it is just the two of us... YAY!! Will meet new friends when we get there!

You can make the journey in 3 days (non-stop driving) but we normally stop to sleep at night and make it in around a week... or maybe less ikf desperate... the only thing you can't really plan is how long you may have to wait as Denia or Barcelona for a ferry (unless you are very organised and brave enough to book it in advacne which can be slightly dodgy incase you break down or don't get to the ferry on time!)

The other person was a girl called dancing girl I think... not sure though... but am sure you'll find her on here somewhere!!

Hope we will find loads more!!! How are you getting there and how many of you are going??

Hi all!!

I worked in ibiza last season and was amazing! where did u work kitty??
i would luv 2 go back this year but im off 2 oz in november so i need 2 stay here and save up!! Ill defo b goin out 4 a sneaky wee week cos it would b rude not 2!!

hey nina theres only me my mate are chicken to go got to have guts to just leave everything and just go !! i have a holl booked flying from cardiff on the 3rd of may !

i would love to drive there one day ;)

speak soon

markus said:
hey nina theres only me my mate are chicken to go got to have guts to just leave everything and just go !! i have a holl booked flying from cardiff on the 3rd of may !

speak soon

markus go for it!
lifes to short for regrets...esp if u didnt do something just cause no one else does. :eek:
im off to thailand alone on 19th,and it'll be an eye opener,hopefully making going to beefa easy peasy! :confused: :D 8)

hey markus - yes im the other one!! we shall all have to meet up! im sure we will anyway as the workers community becomes very close during the summer!

theres always some job goin - so just be prepared to do anything..once youve worked there a couple yrs..u will make contacts and things become easier.

kitty - do it gal! its the best thing you'll ever do - but be warned too many people think its just a long holiday (and it is if you already have the cash!) but if not then its a hard graft! of course the perks of bein in ibiza are outweighing - but sometimes its very hard work..for not a lot of pay! u scrape by sometimes..but its all worthwhile in the end! :)

list of workers this summer then?

me nina markus kitty? in fact ive got space for one more person in our apartment in the bay..so if anyone wants it... pref a gal..more fun (and already got 2 guys)! (sorry guys haha)

myself and my girlfriend are flying out 3rd May. We have been out for the last two years but this will be our first working season. Initially staying in San An.

Its getting close now, handing in my notice on my flat / job any day soon!! scary stuff!!

If anybody wants to drop us a message please feel free.

See you out there.

markus said:

speak soon

Fair play to you Markus!!! :D Don't worry you will make new mates out there straightaway!!

hi nina, my names tash i'm from manchester i will be goin out to ibiza on the 02 may with a friend we have been there on holiday before but never to work, we need to find accommodation, if you want to get in touch please do so @ tashadeanwood@hotmail.com

thanks every one !! 8)

we will all meet up for a drink when we get there can't wait now !!!! :rolleyes:

hey G where you from then not long to go now then !!! where are you flying from i am flying at cardiff

is any going from cardiff or bristol then

Back