Any new parties next year?

Shelter_Line_Up_1200x1200_19March.jpg

Shelter Line-up...:twisted:

Will take a punt the Moda Black "V.SPECIAL GUESTS" will be Groove Armada. And the Bugged Out "V.SPECIAL GUEST" will be Norman.

I'm basing these predictions on current affliations

I really like Sankeys Ibiza. I get what people are saying that it could be anywhere in the world and it doesn't have the Ibiza feel. I have to disagree with that a bit, I live 2 minutes from sankeys Manchester and that place doesn't really do it for me anymore. I guess I like sankeys Ibiza because it reminds me of how the one in Manchester use to be. great vibe and great people, plus i love the roof terrace. I would like to have gone one of the bbqs they had on last year.

Anymore info on the yacht and abode? Weird they chose this as its promoted like VIP style with champ' drinkers - the exact people they wouldn't normally entertain ... Anyone thinking about going ?

Ive been to Sankeys about 8 times now, and its not really a club I get excited about either, the basement sound system is just too bassey, I mean its good, but there is no real clarity in the music.
I only found the lab after my 4th time!! Maybe it wasn't open before I dont know, but that room just seems like any other, it actually reminded me of the Santuary in Milton Keynes that was open years ago, just a warehouse..
The funny little room up the top is just another room to look in I feel..
The terrace, I feel they have got this so wrong, for some reason it is always half roped off, surely this cant be VIp!? Its more like a building site, they should invest in more chairs, plants, decor, make it a bit more of a nice chillout area..
I hate all the graffiti they have on the walls, makes the place feel a bit run down, I know they are going for a certain look but I dont like it
I almost want the owners of Ushuaia to come along and decorate the place!

^you hate it, and you have been 8 times ?
Something is drawing you back. Is it like the death star and a tracktor beam pulls you in every time you walk past the garbi ?

Weird they chose this as its promoted like VIP style with champ' drinkers - the exact people they wouldn't normally entertain.

Agreed. I think that the person who runs Abode has been hired to do PR for this company by the owners of the yacht. Hence why there is clearly a huge void in the 2 types of crowd they are looking to attract.

Doorly recently did a show here in Toronto, his productions have been getting played by Nic Fanciulli and Matthias Tanzmann recently.

^^^Matthias Tanzmann said this will be the tune of Miami's WMC week.

Waze and Odyssey are pretty cool. They have some nice deep house productions

I hate all the graffiti they have on the walls, makes the place feel a bit run down, I know they are going for a certain look but I dont like it
I almost want the owners of Ushuaia to come along and decorate the place!

please no! playa d'en bossa already has enough 'plastic fantastic' these days. I've said it before, I'm not the biggest sankeys fan neither, but the run down feel with the graffitis etc is the one thing that I actually really like about sankeys - a nice counterpart to everything else in PdB.

Doorly recently did a show here in Toronto, his productions have been getting played by Nic Fanciulli and Matthias Tanzmann recently.

Matthias Tanzmann said this will be the tune of Miami's WMC week.

Waze and Odyssey are pretty cool. They have some nice deep house productions

That "future/bass house" sound that those producers you mention are creating is in line with how the EDM sound is evolving in the States - hence why they might be considered big in Miami.

Not sure the same can be said of Ibiza, and, indeed, Europe unfortunately. Just my opinion.

I only say that because those videos you posted taken out the context of a full set give the wrong impression of what you can expect to hear in a Tanzmann / Fanciulli set. Again, just my opinion.

On the flip side - i totally get there is market for that sound (works well at IR, Together etc.) and I think it's great Sankey's have introduced a new dimension to their weekly programming.

Let's face it, even their biggest fans would have to agree that night-to-night, perhaps with the exception of Cuff, it was all pretty same-y last year.

Last edited:
^you hate it, and you have been 8 times ?
Something is drawing you back. Is it like the death star and a tracktor beam pulls you in every time you walk past the garbi ?

Hehe I've never had a bad night in there though, its just for me it doesn't feel very Ibiza if you know what I mean...

I think from an Ibiza club point of view, its the least impressive.. if it was in London however it would be up there at the top

Is Doorly 'Future House'? Saw him a couple of time last year and he was excellent. Some of his productions are quality.

in your opinion...

1) what time does dc10 close this year? 2,30 am?, 3,30 am? 4,30 am?

2) which party will be at ushuaia on tuesdays?

1. depends on which month really...early season they close earlier than in august and september.

2. hardwell I'd say

Back