American's First Time Going (Solo, Too!)

Hi all. Like the title says, I (27M) am planning a solo trip to Ibiza for later this year in anticipation that a) America gets its vaccination logistics worked out and b) Spain will allow American tourists, unrestricted. If that does not end up being the case, well, f***, I will save your advice for whenever that may be.

I have never been before, and so I would LOVE recommendations for:

-Underground-type clubs (is Underground Ibiza pretty much it?). I've got one night of superclubs in me, but intend on spending my nights out absorbing the 'real' scene
-Accommodations; are Airbnbs the best option? Budget doesn't matter terribly but would love to sink more money into experiences
-Food; I intend on treating myself to one very upscale meal per day, and would prefer local cuisine but am open to anything
-Culture; I intend on going to the contemporary art museum, are there any other such museums (i.e., historical?). Sites worth visiting?

Thanks, all.

P.S. - no, I do not support d*nald t*ump.

I'll go first. You don't say if you have anything booked yet or when you are planning on going, but if you are sure you want to go in 2021 I would go as late as possible. September or October will still be warm and busy with most stuff still open.

From what you say, I would stay in Ibiza town. You have a couple of museum's in Dalt Villa, a bit of culture and history within walking distance. A lot of the best restaurants are also here for your upscale meals. IMO staying here will give you the best flavour of Ibiza without too much travelling about.

Club-wise, this is purely subjective depending on what you like music-wise, but keep your eye on this forum for a lot of good advice (if clubbing does indeed happen this year).

I'll go first. You don't say if you have anything booked yet or when you are planning on going, but if you are sure you want to go in 2021 I would go as late as possible. September or October will still be warm and busy with most stuff still open.

From what you say, I would stay in Ibiza town. You have a couple of museum's in Dalt Villa, a bit of culture and history within walking distance. A lot of the best restaurants are also here for your upscale meals. IMO staying here will give you the best flavour of Ibiza without too much travelling about.

Club-wise, this is purely subjective depending on what you like music-wise, but keep your eye on this forum for a lot of good advice (if clubbing does indeed happen this year).
Thanks for the input! Yes, I meant to say that I'm thinking about staying the first week of September. Again, super uncertain at this point due to worldwide circumstances but that is what I'm fantasizing about.

I will certainly check out places in Ibiza town. Any specific hotels/etc. that you always find yourself at?

New to the forums but I will take a closer read through the clubbing reviews.

Cheers!

My advice would be to not get too hung up on the fine food side of things. Sure, glitzy fancy meals are fab, but also make sure you visit some smaller, local places outside of the main areas too.

Oh, and I’d look at staying in Fig as an alternative to DV/IT. If time permits, also consider the north for a couple of nights too

My advice would be to not get too hung up on the fine food side of things. Sure, glitzy fancy meals are fab, but also make sure you visit some smaller, local places outside of the main areas too.

Oh, and I’d look at staying in Fig as an alternative to DV/IT. If time permits, also consider the north for a couple of nights too
Sounds good, I am open for everything of the sort! Any smaller restaurants/bars that you have personal experience with that you'd recommend?

And by Fig I'm guessing you mean Es Figueral? What do you like about that area? To me, it seems very far from the clubs. Then again, the island is not that large...

Culture - while id never be one to knock going to museums etc. maybe save that for your tenth visit. There are manywonderful books on the history of ibiza to read before you go if you want to read up on history. Instead, I would suggest you hire a car, and get out and about and see the island. See the many wonderful beaches around the island, or wee villages with their fortress churches, eat in small local places in wee villages or by roadsides (you'll find many amazing recommendations on here), spend an afternoon soaking up the atmosphere at a hippy market. Finish your day chasing sunsets across the island before heading out for the night. That would be my suggestion!

Hi all. Like the title says, I (27M) am planning a solo trip to Ibiza for later this year in anticipation that a) America gets its vaccination logistics worked out and b) Spain will allow American tourists, unrestricted. If that does not end up being the case, well, f***, I will save your advice for whenever that may be.

I have never been before, and so I would LOVE recommendations for:

-Underground-type clubs (is Underground Ibiza pretty much it?). I've got one night of superclubs in me, but intend on spending my nights out absorbing the 'real' scene
-Accommodations; are Airbnbs the best option? Budget doesn't matter terribly but would love to sink more money into experiences
-Food; I intend on treating myself to one very upscale meal per day, and would prefer local cuisine but am open to anything
-Culture; I intend on going to the contemporary art museum, are there any other such museums (i.e., historical?). Sites worth visiting?

Thanks, all.

P.S. - no, I do not support d*nald t*ump.

I do hope Underground survive. I can't imagine they have deep pockets to ride this out. They may need to diversify musically. who's the main man? Jaime Fiorito?

hypothesising here but I'd guess that everyone is desperate for cash and unlikely to take creative risks. if you want anything with an underground or word-of-mouth flavour you might be disappointed without the connections. I strongly suspect Pikes will start charging to get in, but either way they probably can afford to keep the lineups interesting. and in IBZ the cool music bars might benefit if the clubs stay shut in the short term. there is nothing commercial about paradise lost or malanga's music policy, where the adults end up... obv depends what you're into though.

Yeah , a car makes sense in Ibz.
If you rent one , fig is a Problem : Less parking space. Dalt Vila , too ( except Ikea ).
OK , bus lines are ok

Underground Scene : Not so much. Berghain stays in Berlin. There is also no Kitty in Ibz. Was discussed here before

Last edited:
I do hope Underground survive. I can't imagine they have deep pockets to ride this out. They may need to diversify musically. who's the main man? Jaime Fiorito?

hypothesising here but I'd guess that everyone is desperate for cash and unlikely to take creative risks. if you want anything with an underground or word-of-mouth flavour you might be disappointed without the connections. I strongly suspect Pikes will start charging to get in, but either way they probably can afford to keep the lineups interesting. and in IBZ the cool music bars might benefit if the clubs stay shut in the short term. there is nothing commercial about paradise lost or malanga's music policy, where the adults end up... obv depends what you're into though.

Sad thing to hear that, about Underground. I hope they are able to tough it out.

Thanks for suggesting Pikes, Malanga and Paradise Lost - I am a certified sucker for tiki bars so PL looks like an absolute dream regardless of what kind of music they play haha

Not been for a good few years but always liked underground. Always a good mix of people in there and always felt like it had a good local vibe away from the assault of the big clubs. Fingers crossed for them and i guess many many others on the island.

I've never been, but I think that if I go, when I'm rich and famous, I've got this notion that I'd like to know some Catalan for good measure. Also, I'd likely bring along my girl... ? who at this time does not live even remotely near me.

I want to do a tour - Ireland, Ibiza, perhaps India - maybe Goa or something...

Don't be fooled though. I am a die-hard soloist - I've for my entire adult life gone to raves and clubs basically alone; only meeting people I knew from message boards like SpotLight (there used to be one or two where almost everyone was going to the same parties in LA... so cool). I think there's a lot of fun and much observation to be done.

Simply go it alone... ;) But at the moment, does Spain even allow outside visitors?

I've never been, but I think that if I go, when I'm rich and famous, I've got this notion that I'd like to know some Catalan for good measure. Also, I'd likely bring along my girl... ? who at this time does not live even remotely near me.

I want to do a tour - Ireland, Ibiza, perhaps India - maybe Goa or something...

Don't be fooled though. I am a die-hard soloist - I've for my entire adult life gone to raves and clubs basically alone; only meeting people I knew from message boards like SpotLight (there used to be one or two where almost everyone was going to the same parties in LA... so cool). I think there's a lot of fun and much observation to be done.

Simply go it alone... ;) But at the moment, does Spain even allow outside visitors?
Goa is well worth a visit. Probably my favourite holiday of all time, maybe not as crazy now as in the 90's but still very worth a look.

I stayed in Anjuna in the north, which is where you get the party side, the psy-trance and all that. The south is quieter with amazing beaches and the beach hut vibes. Highly recommended.

Goa is well worth a visit. Probably my favourite holiday of all time, maybe not as crazy now as in the 90's but still very worth a look.

I stayed in Anjuna in the north, which is where you get the party side, the psy-trance and all that. The south is quieter with amazing beaches and the beach hut vibes. Highly recommended.
Thank you!

I'll make my way down there. I want to visit central Asia and then fly south like a migratory bird. :D Money is an issue this year, but I think I should be able to work out a budget for it by the time the pandemic is at least partly under control.

Kyrgyzstan, Goa, Ibiza... That sounds like a fun itinerary.

What is Ibiza like? Are there buildings?

When someone tells me that they think Ibiza is just a few scarce little white houses I always send them this pic, and that it’s only half of the view!
3E5C383A-04D0-4187-9DBE-3496BFC36C2B.jpeg

Update for the curious and passersby - I have updated my trip to be from August 29 to September 4th. I'll be at the Wi-Ki-Woo hotel in San Antonio with a deluxe sea view room :cool:

Despite the clubbing situation looking pretty much dead at this point, I am still AMPED because I am outgoing and can't ever say 'no' to an adventure.

Looks like Cova Santa and Blue Marlin are currently my best bets for a 'party' - yes, pricey, but I am going to have the budget for it. Worth getting a table by myself at Cova Santa ??

Update for the curious and passersby - I have updated my trip to be from August 29 to September 4th. I'll be at the Wi-Ki-Woo hotel in San Antonio with a deluxe sea view room :cool:

Despite the clubbing situation looking pretty much dead at this point, I am still AMPED because I am outgoing and can't ever say 'no' to an adventure.

Looks like Cova Santa and Blue Marlin are currently my best bets for a 'party' - yes, pricey, but I am going to have the budget for it. Worth getting a table by myself at Cova Santa ??

You're worth putting it out on here and the Ibiza Solo Travellers FB group to see if anyone wants to go in on a table. Firstly, you'll have people to sit with/chat with/pre-drink with and secondly, you don't have to fork out the full min spend.

Back