Albums that Rocked Your World

Had one mate who was really into music and we loved Frankie Goes to Hollywood aged about 11 ... Used to listen to Relax single on repeat on a HiFi system with those big can headphones just singing "when you want to come" over and over ... Loved the album ... Power of Love still all time fave Christmas record ... Unfortunately they never backed it up ....

10 albums from 2000s:
Danger Mouse - Rome
Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
Kings of Convenience - Riot on an Empty Street
Chemical Brothers - Push The Button
Ame - Ame
Midlake - The Trials of Van Occupanther
Quiet Village - Silent Movie
Map of Africa - Map of Africa
Kenneth Bager - Fragments from a space cadet
Kelley Polar - I Need You to Hold on While the Sky Is Falling

Had one mate who was really into music and we loved Frankie Goes to Hollywood aged about 11 ... Used to listen to Relax single on repeat on a HiFi system with those big can headphones just singing "when you want to come" over and over ... Loved the album ... Power of Love still all time fave Christmas record ... Unfortunately they never backed it up ....

Do you like the whole album though? It's not about the single.

I love FGTH just based on the singles alone.

diamonds & pearls was his last great album imo. I had the limited edition cassette with the weird hologram on the front!

New Order _ Technique
All from Huesker Due
All from Gun Club

Yes Technique would make my list although never liked Fine Time .... Had my heart broken in Summer of 92 and for some reason the songs of Barney's marriage break up (recorded in Ibiza I think) where the soundtrack to my distress

am rubbish with albums generally. so many would feature a couple of great tracks and a whole load of filler. (esp in the electronic sphere)

compilations on the other hand... much more my territory

Get loads of album tips from this thread.
am rubbish with albums generally. so many would feature a couple of great tracks and a whole load of filler. (esp in the electronic sphere)

compilations on the other hand... much more my territory
Album Compilations are ok to add just not singles.

there are loads of individual tracks by great black artists isaac hayes, gil scott heron, marvin gaye, stevie w I really like but I don't associate any of them with albums (thunderbolt strikes me down!) - i had 'songs in the key' on cd but i hated isn't she lovely and would head straight to my fave Another Star, which is why I didn't include them. with GSH I mainly love b-movie, the bottle, rev will not be televised but they're all on different records.

Ok so this one I think is seriously underrated and really stands the test of time better than a lot of the run of the mill indie stuff from the time :

Ok so this one I think is seriously underrated and really stands the test of time better than a lot of the run of the mill indie stuff from the time :

One of the first proper bands I was into. Not sure if I'd listen to a whole album of theirs nowadays but still smile when I hear certain individual tracks.

Back