Albums that Rocked Your World

^weak become heroes - pure poetry

alltime? was never a massive album person but these all had a big impact on me at various points in my life

The Beatles - Abbey Road (side b)
Pet Shop Boys - Introspective
Goldie - Timeless
Happy Mondays - pills, thrills..
Dreadzone - Second Light
Underworld - Dubmenobasswithmyheadman
KLF - chillout
Grace Jones - nightclubbing
The Orb - Adventures beyond the ultraworld
New Order - Substance
and all the big 80s guns george michael, jacko, fleetwood mac, kate bush, soul II soul etc

the album I probably played to death more than any other was Madness 'Divine Madness' (1992) (a comp I know - cheating) which had it all - humour, sadness, observation. nothing else I ever heard really captured what it was like to grow up in London

My dad used to have this one on tape in the car on holidays etc and has stayed with me. Great thread this as people tend not to listen to full albums these days with the way music is formatted.
That's a nice memory. I didn't really grow up with music in house. Only thing I can remember that interested me was my mum having a Motown record that I used to play, that an my dad playing Fleetwood Mac in the car.

^weak become heroes - pure poetry

alltime? was never a massive album person but these all had a big impact on me at various points in my life

The Beatles - Abbey Road (side b)
Pet Shop Boys - Introspective
Goldie - Timeless
Happy Mondays - pills, thrills..
Dreadzone - Second Light
Underworld - Dubmenobasswithmyheadman
KLF - chillout
Grace Jones - nightclubbing
The Orb - Adventures beyond the ultraworld
New Order - Substance
and all the big 80s guns george michael, jacko, fleetwood mac, kate bush, soul II soul etc

the album I probably played to death more than any other was Madness 'Divine Madness' (1992) (a comp I know - cheating) which had it all - humour, sadness, observation. nothing else I ever heard really captured what it was like to grow up in London

+ I missed out radiohead, boards of canada, lcd, daft punk (and etienne de crecy, air et al), goldfrapp, terence trent d'arby, metro area and a whole heap of other stuff

not necessarily all gamechangers, but albums I played to death at the time

+ I missed out radiohead, boards of canada, lcd, daft punk (and etienne de crecy, air et al), goldfrapp, terence trent d'arby, metro area and a whole heap of other stuff

not necessarily all gamechangers, but albums I played to death at the time
Which Radiohead and Boards of Canada Album?

more on the soulful tip - a lesser known gem that should've been much bigger (although a few people I know thought it was wallpaper!)

the beauty room (aka Kirk DeGeorgio in his non-techno guise)

I think I answered some FB 10 influential/fave albums question recently and it went something like -

Screamadelica
Suede
Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space
Maxinquaye
Endtroducing
Leftism
Untrue (Burial)
The Last Resort (Trentemoller)
Personality (Scuba) - probably the most recent album I've adopted as a classic
In Rainbows (Radiohead's best album IMO)

On a different day, space might have been made for Mercury Rev, The Streets, PJ Harvey, Quiet Village, LCD Soundsystem...

I think I answered some FB 10 influential/fave albums question recently and it went something like -

Screamadelica
Suede
Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space
Maxinquaye
Endtroducing
Leftism
Untrue (Burial)
The Last Resort (Trentemoller)
Personality (Scuba) - probably the most recent album I've adopted as a classic
In Rainbows (Radiohead's best album IMO)
In Rainbows is my fav Radio Head album. And Screamadelica definitely rocked my world.

Back