Afterlife 2019

He just fitted in well with the music for that night/Tale of Us room, wouldnt of guessed it was him playing if i didnt know.

50 shades of Klock. He's a really versatile DJ, both a team player in a lineup and a master in the spotlight with the right crowd in the right venue.

Brooklyn Mirage. Outside part only open in summer.
The Mirage is great...but the audience sucks. I know the ketamine crowd in Hi are annoying when they keep bumping into you but in NY I've experienced everyone is mostly drunk or coked up. Trying to get though the crowd got me a lot of: HEY, im standing here, f*** off, etc.
That never happens in any club in Ibiza. It's busy...but everyone keeps their cool.

The Mirage is great...but the audience sucks. I know the ketamine crowd in Hi are annoying when they keep bumping into you but in NY I've experienced everyone is mostly drunk or coked up. Trying to get though the crowd got me a lot of: HEY, im standing here, f*** off, etc.
That never happens in any club in Ibiza. It's busy...but everyone keeps their cool.

Yeah never said the crowd was good. Need to wait until after 3am. Also depends on the party. Afterlife was def not mostly drunk or coke.

So how was it? :)

Pretty good. Mano and Ame were solid. TofUs took awhile to get started and a lot of people were just standing around. They finally picked it up closer to 3:30-4, but I didn’t realize they were going to 7.

Open air partying in a great venue, and getting a sunrise with TofUs is hard to go wrong.

The crowd actually reminded me a lot of Hi. A lot of people who didn’t know the music and a lot of amateurs who don’t know how to handle their substances. Also was very crowded until 4 so I had trouble finding a good spot that still had good sound. After 4 it was less crowded and the right people were there.

Overall better party than Hi.

Indeed, the only place I "almost" have to fight in clubs is always in the US and I think it's because out there it's realy difficult to have a great time unless you spend 5 K $ in VIP (wich always takes 60 % or more of the clubs squarefeet), so the rest of the punters are just jam packed continuely pushin' and fightin' for space (wich obviously creates tensions).

Vegas is particulary bad for this (I had realy bad nights at completly rammed Omnia and Hakkasan). Except Hï, I've never seen this in Ibiza (even Elrow, there is always space at the rear of the terrasse and the club room is always breathable + best music BTW).

Another reason is that here in America, most people dont use drugs when clubbin', so are just drunk (far from the peace and love MDMA spirit of the Ibiza scene...).

Indeed, the only place I "almost" have to fight in clubs is always in the US and I think it's because out there it's realy difficult to have a great time unless you spend 5 K $ in VIP (wich always takes 60 % or more of the clubs squarefeet), so the rest of the punters are just jam packed continuely pushin' and fightin' for space (wich obviously creates tensions).

Vegas is particulary bad for this (I had realy bad nights at completly rammed Omnia and Hakkasan). Except Hï, I've never seen this in Ibiza (even Elrow, there is always space at the rear of the terrasse and the club room is always breathable + best music BTW).

Another reason is that here in America, most people dont use drugs when clubbin', so are just drunk (far from the peace and love MDMA spirit of the Ibiza scene...).
Yep to all this.

We went to Afterlife last night, it was our first time at Hi (and probably our last.)

We had read the negative views of Hi and were prepared for a bad experience, but it turned out worse... As Rometta wrote above, the Theatre was packed, so packed and so hot that it was impossible (for us) to dance and have a good time. We found a spot close to one of the exits that we held valiantly. :)

Hard to give a fair review of Solomun's set due to the circumstances above, but it did sound a bit too "splashy" for our tastes. (We really love Solomun's more laid-back side!) Tale of Us opened with some really solid melodic techno tunes that were our highlight of the night, but then it got a bit boring and we left at 05.00.

The Club is a nicer room than the Theatre, and provided you like the lineup here it should be easier to have a good time. Ellen Allien was playing a really good set, she had a really infectuous energy behind the deck! :D

Overall, Hi is not a venue for music enthusiasts - the focus is on the VIP booths and big parts of the crowd were clearly not into the music as such...

Back