Afterlife 2019

Im glad i sold my tix to a mate that didnt like it,too many people ,packed as hell
Look at those cellphone in the air
Good vibes guaranteed as Edm party ?

One of Afterlife's more interesting roster members Vaal has a role in the new Guy Ritchie flick

Just reading back over this thread this afternoon as I had some time to kill. We may all get accused of being negative on here, but I can not think of another DJ / Party where the party is avoided in Ibiza by so many people that like the DJ, but we actively seek it out elsewhere. I mean this can't just be us lot on here?

Have you ever heard of anyone say that Sven, Dixon, Solomun, Carl Cox etc are 'crap at their residency in Ibiza, but amazing elsewhere'? Personally, I never have. They are amazing DJs, and they nail it in Ibiza and create an amazing party at their residencies.

Just reading back over this thread this afternoon as I had some time to kill. We may all get accused of being negative on here, but I can not think of another DJ / Party where the party is avoided in Ibiza by so many people that like the DJ, but we actively seek it out elsewhere. I mean this can't just be us lot on here?

Have you ever heard of anyone say that Sven, Dixon, Solomun, Carl Cox etc are 'crap at their residency in Ibiza, but amazing elsewhere'? Personally, I never have. They are amazing DJs, and they nail it in Ibiza and create an amazing party at their residencies.
It’s packed out week in, week out. But I don’t recall TOU getting much love for their sets at Hi on here. Something must be attracting the masses. It’s a strange anomaly.

Could be that the Space luvvies who also love tale of us, won't step foot in the place.

Agreed, vocal minority. They’re packing it out each week. If the sets are crap then it’s only ToU fault surely

Agreed, vocal minority. They’re packing it out each week. If the sets are crap then it’s only ToU fault surely
They don't look happy there.?. could easily do Pacha or amnesia last few seasons but their stuck at Hi.. not good for the CV and they know that better talent are just behind them.... Vegas is next for these two...

From my experience its not the music thats lacking. Its the punters inside the gaff, main room anyway (lots of boozy stag/hen parties, pushy and clueless), soulless rooms, especially the club room as thats where i was mainly, and massive lack of atmosphere. Outside areas i quite liked though. This is just my view from my 1 and only visit to Afterlife and Hi.

From my experience its not the music thats lacking. Its the punters inside the gaff, main room anyway (lots of boozy stag/hen parties, pushy and clueless), soulless rooms, especially the club room as thats where i was mainly, and massive lack of atmosphere.
That was the case the first year. But this past summer alot of the stuff they were playing out was woeful. Very commercial, vocal heavy tracks. More misses than hits. In the club room you couldn't ask for better music but the crowd just aren't with it sadly.

That was the case the first year. But this past summer alot of the stuff they were playing out was woeful. Very commercial, vocal heavy tracks. More misses than hits. In the club room you couldn't ask for better music but the crowd just aren't with it sadly.
Yeh i was talking about the music in general, as i didnt catch ToU, but yeh music in club room great but no atmosphere, and people stood on whatsapp/tinder or whatever it is they use.

Put Afterlife lineups in any other club on the Island and it would get rave reviews all round imo.

Back