2023 prices

Also they don't have to put their prices up, they are doing it because they can! And that's not cool!
I can only double down on what James says 100%, especially given he has protected the rights of clubbers and ticket buyers in ibiza more than anyone on the island over the last 20+ years by the way.

The truth is that firstly, Ibiza has always been expensive. I paid 60-70€ (equivalent) for tickets to manumission and space closing nearly 25 years ago and that wasn't to see the biggest pop stars in the world, as Calvin Harris and David Guetta are to many now.

It's ridiculous that people like David Guetta and Calvin Harris even play weekly at venues in Ibiza given their status globally. Calvin Harris has been the no.1 earning musician in the world in many recent years yet still performs in ibiza weekly! Doesn't matter whether you like him or his music, that's just how the world is right now !

Finally, the market decides!!! If 80/90€ + was too much for these events, then they wouldn't sell out every week, which they do, always.......nobody buying these tickets and going to these events and having a great time is worrying about ibiza ticket prices, they're just having a good time !!
The market drives the price point to an extent. That’s the nature of capitalism. The supplier thinks they can sell the product at the price point it defines. However, this explanation is too simplistic. I will be interested to see if Ibiza attracts repeat visitation in the way that it used to. While Harris et al events maybe full this year, how will that impact on the market next year and the year after? I think the island will start to become more of a bucket list destination for many over time. The other thing is the impact on other events. Instead of going to 5 events in a week, I’d wager plenty will go to 3 instead. I’m really lucky in that i am older and have the disposable income to go over twice a year and do three events in three days. That will become one visit going forward and 2 events instead of 3. I think many will take a similar approach. We can get weekend transatlantic holidays for less than a visit to Ibiza. That can’t be right. The club scene on the island is going to eat itself if it’s not careful. But I think it will take time to see the impact.

A few things before we hopefully go back to gossip. It might be a lot of us UK folks moaning here as gone are the days we used to get €1.50 for £1. Also consider than the average yearly inflation is ~2.5%. So since 2010 that is about ~32% - if not MORE as it has been 10% the last 12 months.

Anyway...... Gossip Folks....

A few things before we hopefully go back to gossip. It might be a lot of us UK folks moaning here as gone are the days we used to get €1.50 for £1. Also consider than the average yearly inflation is ~2.5%. So since 2010 that is about ~32% - if not MORE as it has been 10% the last 12 months.

Anyway...... Gossip Folks....
And yet while we see price increases elsewhere, it isn’t to the extent we see in Ibiza. That’s why a three day weekend in New York, staying in Times Square in a 4 star hotel with access to a ton of clubbing and lots of other activities is now considerably cheaper than Ibiza in August. That is just daft. And that is with a very unpleasant exchange rate thrown in.

Absolutely right about the exchange rate £ to €. And inflation is running at 10% in the U.K. 😭. However, wages aren’t keeping pace with inflation. I’d be pleasantly surprised to see the benefit of price increases being shared with event workers, but suspect they aren’t to any great extent. Clubbing in Ibiza was always expensive. It was in the mid 90s and it is now. The big issue is the cost increases over the last year or two since the return from lockdowns. That’s where the obscene uptick has happened in what was already an expensive market. €95 entrance fees, €15 beers, €10 waters, etc on top of travel and accommodation (also expensive) has to start impacting somewhere. It is corporate, short term greed. It is a mass market destination, not Monaco, St Bart’s or St Tropez. This approach cannot be good in the long term.

Anyway, we are already booked and no amount of belly aching from me can change that so please bring on the gossip…

Last edited:
The market drives the price point to an extent. That’s the nature of capitalism. The supplier thinks they can sell the product at the price point it defines. However, this explanation is too simplistic. I will be interested to see if Ibiza attracts repeat visitation in the way that it used to. While Harris et al events maybe full this year, how will that impact on the market next year and the year after? I think the island will start to become more of a bucket list destination for many over time. The other thing is the impact on other events. Instead of going to 5 events in a week, I’d wager plenty will go to 3 instead. I’m really lucky in that i am older and have the disposable income to go over twice a year and do three events in three days. That will become one visit going forward and 2 events instead of 3. I think many will take a similar approach. We can get weekend transatlantic holidays for less than a visit to Ibiza. That can’t be right. The club scene on the island is going to eat itself if it’s not careful. But I think it will take time to see the impact.

that's a good point and I am sure is true. I don't think the prices are to blame for that though, it's generation instagram who all have to have been to ibiza, mykonos, amalfi coast, cairo pyramids, etc etc etc at least once.

the island becoming much more 'corporate' might indeed be the reason some people don't feel as attached to it though.

then again, I always bring up the example of a friend of mine who could be my father in terms of age. he was a tour rep in the 80s here, he's seen the start of the big clubs here etc and when we once were here together in the noughties he just said 'oh you should have seen it back then'.

and it's the same thing I tell first timers now when reminiscing about the open space terrace, dc10 without a roof etc....and yeah, when the only important thing was that you had any kind of car to get somewhere, not what model of range rover it is.

that's a good point and I am sure is true. I don't think the prices are to blame for that though, it's generation instagram who all have to have been to ibiza, mykonos, amalfi coast, cairo pyramids, etc etc etc at least once.

the island becoming much more 'corporate' might indeed be the reason some people don't feel as attached to it though.

then again, I always bring up the example of a friend of mine who could be my father in terms of age. he was a tour rep in the 80s here, he's seen the start of the big clubs here etc and when we once were here together in the noughties he just said 'oh you should have seen it back then'.

and it's the same thing I tell first timers now when reminiscing about the open space terrace, dc10 without a roof etc....and yeah, when the only important thing was that you had any kind of car to get somewhere, not what model of range rover it is.
Can’t disagree. I think it is the gentrification of the island at work. The Instagram generation is a thing, but in reality, to what extent is it reality for the majority? I just think it would be sad for the island to become an aspirational destination that people do once. And I don’t think that will be good for the island in the long term because of short term corporate greed.

Hey guys... Clubbing in ibiza has always been expensive... Nothing new...
I remember paying 10000 pesetas for Manumission in 94, and believe me, it was quite a lot of money at this period.

I remember paying 10000 pesetas for Manumission in 94, and believe me, it was quite a lot of money at this period.

Thats what I said. I remember : The drink prices were also very high at this times.

10000 Pesetas are not far away from 100 Euro , I think.

Thats what I said. I remember : The drink prices were also very high at this times.

10000 Pesetas are not far away from 100 Euro , I think.
10000 pesetas =60 euros 🤑... And my salary was not the one I have today.

10000 pesetas =60 euros 🤑... And my salary was not the one I have today.

Thats what I want to say. Its more than 60 Euros. Think its the eqivalent of close to 100 Euros. But : remember how many people were in Ibiza at this times. 50 Percent ? Who was in Ku ? Normal people ? Normal tourists ? Dont know. Väth said in a interwiew , that there was a problem with refusing at the door. Is it true ?
But its over . We have 2023.

Of course ibiza has always been expensive, I go every a few times year and I expect to pay alot for it because it is expensive and what I expect!

but....the ticket prices creeping up now is what's annoying, especially in these times and after covid situation...anyway I won't moan about it again and will stop going on about it on this thread

I genuinely believe the higher ticket prices will result in a better night at the popular parties but time will tell for sure...
though last year I would say it was still a quiet season in comparison to the likes of 2017/2018 and so is the ticket prices going up due to the lack of numbers?? I'd think that has something to do with it

Of course ibiza has always been expensive, I go every a few times year and I expect to pay alot for it because it is expensive and what I expect!

but....the ticket prices creeping up now is what's annoying, especially in these times and after covid situation...anyway I won't moan about it again and will stop going on about it on this thread
80€ now or 60€ in 1994, what is the most expensive?

I genuinely believe the higher ticket prices will result in a better night at the popular parties but time will tell for sure...
though last year I would say it was still a quiet season in comparison to the likes of 2017/2018 and so is the ticket prices going up due to the lack of numbers?? I'd think that has something to do with it
Why would you think that? You have a better time the more you pay? Some of my best nights ibiza cost no admission fee.

Ibiza was heaving last year. Certainly more so than 17/18.

ibz is famously and reliably expensive, as everybody knows. To what extent it is seasonal economic necessity or shameless profiteering is as ever open to debate but seems to me that what has certainly changed is that the superclubs have lost that USP that made them unique and which justified the high prices. Obv all very subjective, but as someone who cut my teeth on the rave frontline paying a fiver to get into mindblowing parties, you’ll have a tough sell persuading me to pay a hundred bucks to see camelfisherprice play generic crap all night. so thank god for pikes, akasha, underground, malanga, paradise lost et al for offering not just affordability but an alternative too. They might make it up at the bar but at least people aren’t excluded at the door for being poor

Just because you have 100 euros to splurge on Calvin Harris (or whoever) doesn't make you a better, or more fun to be around, person than someone who doesn't. Would you have a better time hanging out in VIP than with the 'normal' people? Or do you think that more money to the club/DJ makes for a bigger (and thus supposedly better) production? Sadly, I know a few decent people now put off going to Ibiza because of the prices... folks I'd rather hang out with than many with loads of cash to spare.

Back