2023 prices

I genuinely believe the higher ticket prices will result in a better night at the popular parties but time will tell for sure...
though last year I would say it was still a quiet season in comparison to the likes of 2017/2018 and so is the ticket prices going up due to the lack of numbers?? I'd think that has something to do with it

why do you believe that?

do you think they will be less busy if expensive? if so, not the case. especially for people who aren't that much into the scene, something expensive must be good innit? cue, they sell very well. it really is the case.

do you think the crowd will be better because the ticket price is higher? again not the case if so.

I'm genuinely curious what's your thinking behind the statement.

some true authentic House brand Groove Odyssey (not talking about Defected where price rise 25€ to 32€ early bird n 43€ now That huge rise even cheaper than 80-90 Hi ibz n music sounds very poor tech House (shoul rebrand by Defected in the Tech House) making early bird tix 16.80 Pound for Eden on saturday may 20th 11pm-6am with Joe Claussel/Joey Negro...audience is more older House head people, having more money than other n party is cheaper .Bravo to GO ibz that do respect their audience with very fair prices.
Only akasha has fair prices but its very small place 300-500 people max?
a littlebit under Club chinois.

Sad worl when people in ibz that day wont care about seeing Legend Joe claussell but will rush out to see overrated djs Black Coffee,Claptone (i m done with claptone parties, same all tracks ever n ever unless House legend guests along his party ...)...

Just because you have 100 euros to splurge on Calvin Harris (or whoever) doesn't make you a better, or more fun to be around, person than someone who doesn't. Would you have a better time hanging out in VIP than with the 'normal' people? Or do you think that more money to the club/DJ makes for a bigger (and thus supposedly better) production? Sadly, I know a few decent people now put off going to Ibiza because of the prices... folks I'd rather hang out with than many with loads of cash to spare.

This is what I was getting at... clubs beyond capacity is just a spoilt night and has somewhat of a negative impact into your experience overall.

I mean you say you know a few decent people now put off going Ibiza because of the prices... I know a few decent people who are put off certain parties because of the over crowding.

so if the higher ticket prices result in realistic numbers in a club then actually in theory you are getting your money's worth. Queueing for toilets, wrestling your way onto a dance floor, having people pushing past you all night... is a night I avoid these days in ibiza.

why do you believe that?

do you think they will be less busy if expensive? if so, not the case. especially for people who aren't that much into the scene, something expensive must be good innit? cue, they sell very well. it really is the case.

do you think the crowd will be better because the ticket price is higher? again not the case if so.

I'm genuinely curious what's your thinking behind the statement.

well I don't know that really, it is just my guess or assumption and I suppose I said time would tell what the result will be of the higher ticket prices... I mean it would be a safe bet wouldn't you think that if the likes of musicon went to 100euro a night it would surely have an impact on attendance? Not suggesting ticket prices need to go that high for sure but at some point it will be too high and push people to go elsewhere

As for the crowd being better? I don't mean that. I think Ibiza is overall a great vibe and safe experience (If you avoid the west end) and so ultimately the crowd is great. Ibiza is already expensive enough to keep out the wrongens. Magaluf looks after them!!.

I believe that social media hype, fomo and the place to be seen makes nights popular, not the ticket price. Circoloco have nailed this for years. Even if it is the worse night on the calendar after midnight, their brand someone manages to keep this party going strong.

Why would you think that? You have a better time the more you pay? Some of my best nights ibiza cost no admission fee.

Ibiza was heaving last year. Certainly more so than 17/18.

I have just felt since those particular years Ibiza just hasn't be quite as busy.... I mean think of the clubs that have closed since then too? Maybe I am wrong but of the three weeks I was in Ibiza last year, while yes it was an almost perfect busy I would say.... it just didn't seem as busy?. But I wouldn't say Ibiza needs to be busier I am just maybe thinking if I was a business turning over X amount in the years prior to covid and as an investor expecting X amount of return on my investment and I am now an unhappy investor and that was taken away for what has now been like 3 seasons then a hike in ticket prices is their answer??

This is what I was getting at... clubs beyond capacity is just a spoilt night and has somewhat of a negative impact into your experience overall.

I mean you say you know a few decent people now put off going Ibiza because of the prices... I know a few decent people who are put off certain parties because of the over crowding.

so if the higher ticket prices result in realistic numbers in a club then actually in theory you are getting your money's worth. Queueing for toilets, wrestling your way onto a dance floor, having people pushing past you all night... is a night I avoid these days in ibiza.

well I don't know that really, it is just my guess or assumption and I suppose I said time would tell what the result will be of the higher ticket prices... I mean it would be a safe bet wouldn't you think that if the likes of musicon went to 100euro a night it would surely have an impact on attendance? Not suggesting ticket prices need to go that high for sure but at some point it will be too high and push people to go elsewhere

As for the crowd being better? I don't mean that. I think Ibiza is overall a great vibe and safe experience (If you avoid the west end) and so ultimately the crowd is great. Ibiza is already expensive enough to keep out the wrongens. Magaluf looks after them!!.

I believe that social media hype, fomo and the place to be seen makes nights popular, not the ticket price. Circoloco have nailed this for years. Even if it is the worse night on the calendar after midnight, their brand someone manages to keep this party going strong.

I have just felt since those particular years Ibiza just hasn't be quite as busy.... I mean think of the clubs that have closed since then too? Maybe I am wrong but of the three weeks I was in Ibiza last year, while yes it was an almost perfect busy I would say.... it just didn't seem as busy?. But I wouldn't say Ibiza needs to be busier I am just maybe thinking if I was a business turning over X amount in the years prior to covid and as an investor expecting X amount of return on my investment and I am now an unhappy investor and that was taken away for what has now been like 3 seasons then a hike in ticket prices is their answer??
Think of the clubs that have opened. Hi is busier than space ever was across a week and it sustains it yoy. Ushuaia feels relatively new and sustains it. Es paradis had never been busy in my lifetime. Eden has had a renaissance. Pacha is as busy as I can remember over a week. Amnesia has always had trouble filling two rooms but fills one four times a week. Then there are some nice new smaller places. I’ve been impressed by the residents some have already secured.

Ku was busy once a week two decades ago, but made a big come back with Resistance until it was shutdown. El Divino was a small club aimed at wealthy people and closed years ago. Octan / Sankeys is small and never got busy more than a couple of times a week. I’m really not sure how it keeps going but have always suspected that being a nightclub is a secondary priority.

I’d say the clubs are as busy as I remember.

I actually think that in the years leading up to lockdown, over a week, clubs were declining in numbers. But it’s never looked healthier imo. However I think the current price points are going to challenge that over the next few years.

I just don’t think price dictates fun value. I wouldn’t be seen dead at the higher price point nights. They just aren’t my bag. Many of my best times in Ibiza have been at free events. And others must agree as the toilet and bar queues were v long - longer than anything I’ve seen at dc10!

I just worry for that people will reduce the number of nights they go out because they pay over €250 for a night. And this will impact on the other nights across a week, resulting in them not coming back. I also worry for the island in terms of clubbing numbers in the medium term as people stop visiting regularly. I’m doing two three night visits this year. But I can get better value by flying three times the distance. Ibiza is mass market tourism. When that slows, the whole place is in big trouble.

Last edited:
Think of the clubs that have opened. Hi is busier than space ever was across a week and it sustains it yoy. Ushuaia feels relatively new and sustains it. Es paradis had never been busy in my lifetime. Eden has had a renaissance. Pacha is as busy as I can remember over a week. Amnesia has always had trouble filling two rooms but fills one four times a week. Then there are some nice new smaller places. I’ve been impressed by the residents some have already secured.

Ku was busy once a week two decades ago, but made a big come back with Resistance until it was shutdown. El Divino was a small club aimed at wealthy people and closed years ago. Octan / Sankeys is small and never got busy more than a couple of times a week. I’m really not sure how it keeps going but have always suspected that being a nightclub is a secondary priority.

I’d say the clubs are as busy as I remember.

I actually think that in the years leading up to lockdown, over a week, clubs were declining in numbers. But it’s never looked healthier imo. However I think the current price points are going to challenge that over the next few years.

I just don’t think price dictates fun value. I wouldn’t be seen dead at the higher price point nights. They just aren’t my bag. Many of my best times in Ibiza have been at free events. And others must agree as the toilet and bar queues were v long - longer than anything I’ve seen at dc10!

I just worry for that people will reduce the number of nights they go out because they pay over €250 for a night. And this will impact on the other nights across a week, resulting in them not coming back. I also worry for the island in terms of clubbing numbers in the medium term as people stop visiting regularly. I’m doing two three night visits this year. But I can get better value by flying three times the distance. Ibiza is mass market tourism. When that slows, the whole place is in big trouble.

people will hand over their money if they think what they get in return is at the minimum, a fair exchange of value and this is human nature?
That is why maybe your best times in ibiza have been at free events??!!

However these clubs are a business and of course the likes of musicon isn't going to be free... and what dictates fun value at higher price point venues is the over crowding. I mean we see the socials around DC10's over crowding right?? people paid 50euro and had a terrible night

So how do you fix it being a terrible night? do you make Circoloco free? Because personally lowering the ticket price would just make the party worse.... you'd even question actually going if it were to be free!!

However if Circoloco became lets just say an 85euro a night party and it had an impact on numbers. Would you pay 85 euro to actually use the club or would you pay 50 euro to be crushed, pushed and stuck too? you'd feel you were getting your money's worth right at 85 eurp? because at 50euro personally Circoloco isn't a fair exchange of value and that is just my opinion

Also worrying for the people that reduce their nights out is a bonus to them and the local ambulance service...
The more experienced you become you realise that going out every night or every other night just results in one or two nights out that are decent and then the rest being mediocre at best!!.

If you go to Ibiza for a week and go out 3 nights and those 3 nights are brilliant because you have enough brain cells... or you go out 5 nights and 4 of the nights are average and or terrible. I would chose the 3 nights

Also worrying for the people that reduce their nights out is a bonus to them and the local ambulance service...
Just a note on this - and this is applicable absolutely everywhere, not just Ibiza - do you think people over-indulging is safer inside a club with security, first-aiders (and also emergency services not far away) or getting silly in the privacy of their hotel room??

people will hand over their money if they think what they get in return is at the minimum, a fair exchange of value and this is human nature?

However these clubs are a business and of course the likes of musicon isn't going to be free... and what dictates fun value at higher price point venues is the over crowding. I mean we see the socials around DC10's over crowding right?? people paid 50euro and had a terrible night

So how do you fix it being a terrible night? do you make Circoloco free? Because personally lowering the ticket price would just make the party worse.... you'd even question actually going if it were to be free!!

However if Circoloco became lets just say an 85euro a night party and it had an impact on numbers. Would you pay 85 euro to actually use the club or would you pay 50 euro to be crushed, pushed and stuck too? you'd feel you were getting your money's worth right at 85 eurp? because at 50euro personally Circoloco isn't a fair exchange of value and that is just my opinion

The more experienced you become you realise that going out every night or every other night just results in one or two nights out that are decent and then the rest being mediocre at best!!.

If you go to Ibiza for a week and go out 3 nights and those 3 nights are brilliant because you have enough brain cells... or you go out 5 nights and 4 of the nights are average and or terrible. I would chose the 3 nights
Solomun is about 9 grand to get in and thats too packed?

I'm old enough to remember when the only thing that determined a good night was a great crowd and blinding tunes and when ravers reviewed messy parties and all the mad shit that took place inside rather than as consumers writing angry letters to Which magazine. But now with inflated entrance fees people are forced to think about value for money and it's just UTTER BULLSHIT. Nothing to do with what house music started out as.

I'm old enough to remember when the only thing that determined a good night was a great crowd and blinding tunes and when ravers reviewed messy parties and all the mad shit that took place inside rather than as consumers writing angry letters to Which magazine. But now with inflated entrance fees people are forced to think about value for money and it's just UTTER BULLSHIT. Nothing to do with what house music started out as.
House music ever had a commercial aspect. Punk had one , too.

The thing is : Look at Berghain. They do it in a different way. Bouncers and refusing. Do you want it in Ibiza ?
There is no way.

House music ever had a commercial aspect. Punk had one , too.

The thing is : Look at Berghain. They do it in a different way. Bouncers and refusing. Do you want it in Ibiza ?
There is no way.

I don't accept that it is a binary choice though. If you treat people as humans they will return to support your business, whereas if you treat them like cattle..

Last edited:
Hey guys... Clubbing in ibiza has always been expensive... Nothing new...
I remember paying 10000 pesetas for Manumission in 94, and believe me, it was quite a lot of money at this period.

We could do with an old timer to confirm it but I think face value was about 5,000 pesetas a ticket.

Not that it matters, I think the mid-90s Manumission experience, whatever you would need to pay in 2023 money, was on another level to DC-10.

I think some people here would pay 200+ euros a ticket for the Manumission '96 time-warp experience.

Easy. Put a cap on numbers that is comfortable for punters - and stick to it. No snotty, exclusive door policy either - first come, first served. Only reason you don't get in is if you look like you'll cause bother.

We could do with an old timer to confirm it but I think face value was about 5,000 pesetas a ticket.

Not that it matters, I think the mid-90s Manumission experience, whatever you would need to pay in 2023 money, was on another level to DC-10.

I think some people here would pay 200+ euros a ticket for the Manumission '96 time-warp experience.
ive got a poster in my "studio" from 1998 so will check prices and report back forthwith, including inflation adjustment

😂. I’ve had plenty of expensive nights in Ibiza that were up there with the free entry nights!

Of course vfm is important. So is affordability. Most people have finite resources. My ultimate concern for the island and scene is, 1. Will they be able to come back? 2. Will the expensive nights impact the other nights? Greed is not a good look. I’m the end, it always gets called out. Of course clubs are businesses and the Ibiza club scene is part of a capitalist society. That isn’t the point here. If you are that bothered about protecting your brain cells then going clubbing in Ibiza really isn’t for you!

Circo Loco is a strange example. This is the club that sells merchandise for €€€€€€€€€€. It is unbearably busy a couple of times a year. That is about managing throughput and not putting its customers at risk. They could and have jacked up prices to eye watering levels at times. I could afford to go on those nights, but choose not to because it’s not fun being in a sardine tin. It feels to me that those nights are more about saying you were there for the gram than actually enjoining the music and atmosphere. We will read exactly the same opening / closing party complaints that we always read. The answer is sell tickets in advance and manage throughout in line with capacity. It’s not difficult. Just jacking the price up to a level that only 2000 can afford to go really does a disservice to the scene, the club and the djs. Businesses want brand loyalty. That is not a way to deliver it and will catch up with them in the end. Also, if that’s what you want from a clubbing holiday, Vegas would be a better fit.

Last edited:
ive got a poster in my "studio" from 1998 so will check prices and report back forthwith, including inflation adjustment
In 1997, Manumission was 4000 pesetas with a flyer and got you a free drink and taxi. It sure was expensive. And inflation is running ridiculously high, but we have to consider what drives that inflation. There are real life drivers that affect every industry, then there is Calvin Harris saying I want a 50% pay rise and the club saying they want a bigger door tax due to scarcity of resources (capacity) and jacking up drinks prices to boot. Folk citing inflation makes me laugh, a high starting point does not justify the rpi being exercised, especially when it is self perpetuated by the supplier!

Last edited:
In 1997, Manumission was 4000 pesetas with a flyer and got you a free drink and taxi. It sure was expensive. And inflation is running ridiculously high, but we have to consider what drives that inflation. There are real life drivers that affect every industry, then there is Calvin Harris saying I want a 50% pay rise and the club saying they want a bigger door tax due to scarcity of resources (capacity) and jacking up drinks prices to boot. Folk citing inflation makes me laugh, a high starting point does not justify the rpi being exercised, especially when it is self perpetuated by the supplier!
25C474A4-079B-4844-B587-014E206BB243.jpeg
13E5DF8C-EBF7-439E-B8DB-7455766A7362.jpeg

Okay, so 7000 esp is equiv to 42 euros

€42 in 1998 is equivalent in purchasing power to about €68.61 today, an increase of €26.61 over 25 years. The euro had an average inflation rate of 1.98% per year between 1998 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 63.37%.

View attachment 15460
View attachment 15462

Okay, so 7000 esp is equiv to 42 euros

€42 in 1998 is equivalent in purchasing power to about €68.61 today, an increase of €26.61 over 25 years. The euro had an average inflation rate of 1.98% per year between 1998 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 63.37%.
Manumission jumped a lot in 98 by the looks of it. I always remember it being really variable during the season too. No drink or taxi in 98 either! 😀. Not directed at you mate, but a general point -as mentioned, applying rpi to an already bloated base price isn’t justification for applying rpi, and every industry has its own inflationary drivers.

I remember when Oakenfold went to be resident at cream on the late 90s. There was all kinds of outcry over his 10k fee for a three hour set. Incredible when you look at dj fees now.

Manumission jumped a lot in 98 by the looks of it. I always remember it being really variable during the season too. No drink or taxi in 98 either! 😀. Not directed at you mate, but a general point -as mentioned, applying rpi to an already bloated base price isn’t justification for applying rpi, and every industry has its own inflationary drivers.

I remember when Oakenfold went to be resident at cream on the late 90s. There was all kinds of outcry over his 10k fee for a three hour set. Incredible when you look at dj fees now.
oh mate, im with you.
I was just giving some facts.
Didn't Oakey get £200k or something for a year, I think the "blueprint" changed when they put the new booths in around 1997???

Edit - btw, I would never pay 70 euros/pounds to get in a club even if Garnier was playing.

oh mate, im with you.
I was just giving some facts.
Didn't Oakey get £200k or something for a year, I think the "blueprint" changed when they put the new booths in around 1997???

Edit - btw, I would never pay 70 euros/pounds to get in a club even if Garnier was playing.
Ah, yes, good point about the booths. Their prices really did fluctuate during the season I recall.

Garnier would definitely be the dj I’d pay most to hear in Ibiza. His sets in space main room were flippin brilliant.

😂. I’ve had plenty of expensive nights in Ibiza that were up there with the free entry nights!

Of course vfm is important. So is affordability. Most people have finite resources. My ultimate concern for the island and scene is, 1. Will they be able to come back? 2. Will the expensive nights impact the other nights? Greed is not a good look. I’m the end, it always gets called out. Of course clubs are businesses and the Ibiza club scene is part of a capitalist society. That isn’t the point here. If you are that bothered about protecting your brain cells then going clubbing in Ibiza really isn’t for you!

Circo Loco is a strange example. This is the club that sells merchandise for €€€€€€€€€€. It is unbearably busy a couple of times a year. That is about managing throughput and not putting its customers at risk. They could and have jacked up prices to eye watering levels at times. I could afford to go on those nights, but choose not to because it’s not fun being in a sardine tin. It feels to me that those nights are more about saying you were there for the gram than actually enjoining the music and atmosphere. We will read exactly the same opening / closing party complaints that we always read. The answer is sell tickets in advance and manage throughout in line with capacity. It’s not difficult. Just jacking the price up to a level that only 2000 can afford to go really does a disservice to the scene, the club and the djs. Businesses want brand loyalty. That is not a way to deliver it and will catch up with them in the end. Also, if that’s what you want from a clubbing holiday, Vegas would be a better fit.

Clubbing in ibiza really isn't for me?? Ok you've lost me now.

Back