10 ways Ibiza will change in 2019

The point I was trying to make is that, using your example at 2am on any given day, there will still be a large % of 'clubbing tourists' not in a club. Taking a night off etc.

They then fall into the transient population as you say
There could be a load of Yoga tourists in the clubs too, having a night on

The only thing I said is ibiza is NOT ONLY a party island, and the majority of visitors are not coming for party, drugs and booze ONlY as said Rye.
I don't under estimate the weight of the clubbers and clubs in the economy of the island wich is big.
And I am the first to be happy if I can catch a dj or two I love in one of the most beautiful clubs in the world.
But I will still coming to ibiza if all the clubs close one day.
If you come for a week, stay at IR, eat at McDonald's, go to the beach at Las Salinas, and go clubbing every day, without visiting any of the others place than San Antonio(and not ALL SA), PDB, and the clubs, you will have a total different point of view than the family who stays in Es Cana, eat in the local and authentic restaurants, visits Dalt Vila, Sant Joan Market (thousands of visitors every sunday), and Punta Arabi hippy market(even more visitors than SJ), or the medieval festival for example...

I suppose everyone gets out of Ibiza what they want.... I personally go to ibiza for clubs, drugs and party, I dont really go out partying in Madrid I save myself for Ibiza....I dont go ibiza to sight see or see other parts of the Island...many people do...but i just dont

Your missing out

Americans think Ibiza is just one giant club. They literally don’t understand that there are other things to do on the island aside from partying.

I’d love to see the breakdown of tourists who go for only non-music, non-nightlife related activities. And out of those folks, who were not introduced to the island because of the party scene.

Gotta think those folks would be the minority, no?

Ibiza has three main groups of tourists, those that like the old hippy vibe, those that like the clubbing and those who just want a beach holiday and pick whatever island/resort takes their fancy on the holiday website.

And important to note not everyone sticks to those groups, in 2017 I did both a clubbing holiday and a relaxing beach holiday in Santa Eulalia. Some may also spend several days on the beach and just a few nights clubbing etc

its a varied island with varied attractions and people and long may that continue

Easy to assume it is a party island??.....

IT IS A PARTY ISLAND FFS

The island is biased towards tourists going clubbing - Not once in this topic did I state there wasn't more to the island than clubbing. But it is fact that the majority of tourists that visit Ibiza are going to Ibiza to drink, do drugs and party.
So wrong , I’d think that a few years ago ,, go to portinax for the day

You will see what I mean

Agree with what is being said about the island being so much more, but I would have to admit the majority of Brit’s I talk to about Ibiza who(a) have been and (b) have never been to the island, look at the island as a party island cos when I tell them I’m going with the family I normally get a ‘really with the kids’ . Cue explaining there is so much more than that to Ibiza. As well as when I’m going to rave I get the ‘really but your too old at 40 to go clubbing’. Cue explaining that I’m almost.... the average age of clubbing clientele in Ibiza. Either way no one takes me seriously. I have a huge range of friends across the spectrum, but I just think this is the perception that Brit’s have with Ibiza which most probably stems from Ibiza uncovered or from the youngsters instagram ect ect. I do get rye and others points of view because this was me 10 years ago. But now I’ve got the family and am so much more familiar with the island, I’ve definitely been enlightened.

Moral of the story, rent a car and f**k the clubs off next visit. You’ll have a blast.

30k clubs is way over estimate, that’s with them full.
Not many do 7 straight days/night in clubs.
What I’m saying is, if there are 1 million on the island at any one day in Summer at 2am. If 30k are in clubs then that’s 3% of the transient population. Round it up to 5% if required, but that’s still 1 in 20.

the article you posted said 375K people was the record # of people at one time on Ibiza and Formentera. not close to 1mm and more in line with what makes sense to me.

I had said 800K people at one time on Ibiza was hard to believe and turns out the all time record # is less than half of that.

Subtract Formentera and look at the average daily summer # its probable more like 200-250K max on the island in the summer outside of August.

the article you posted said 375K people was the record # of people at one time on Ibiza and Formentera. not close to 1mm and more in line with what makes sense to me.

I had said 800K people at one time on Ibiza was hard to believe and turns out the all time record # is less than half of that.

Subtract Formentera and look at the average daily summer # its probable more like 200-250K max on the island in the summer outside of August.

for conservancy: 250K visitors on island in a given week, static population

30K Nightly club attendance
One club night every 3rd day, unique visit
Assume Average 'clubber'or 'family' stay is six days, or two unique club visits

Assuming that the clubs are at capacity means:

30K capacity times 6 nights
divided by 2 club visits, each punter
= 90 Thousand ravers out of a total tourist population of 250K, or 36%

In reality, it is likely more complicated as the profile of a clubber and family holiday would be different, as the family stay is likely longer vs a raver's island blitzkrieg

Ibiza has three main groups of tourists, those that like the old hippy vibe, those that like the clubbing and those who just want a beach holiday and pick whatever island/resort takes their fancy on the holiday website.

And important to note not everyone sticks to those groups, in 2017 I did both a clubbing holiday and a relaxing beach holiday in Santa Eulalia. Some may also spend several days on the beach and just a few nights clubbing etc

its a varied island with varied attractions and people and long may that continue

My last visit qualified me as all three of your groups... part of the reason i love the island. I went to the water park and carting with a 5yo, watched a naked hippy braid a leather bracelet, built castles in the sand with a baby and watched a man pull a string of pearls from a woman's vagina at Lio, all in the same week o_O

Back