1 Euro = 0.944 pounds - anyone going to ibiza in 09?

It's fallen already since last week, now back to 1.10 to the pound.

Exactly, circa 10% in a week! When the Eurozone drop their interest rates, as is being forcast, it'll drop much further!!
There's roughly a 35% differnce over the last 12 months!

few of my mates have just booked 2 weeks in the jet apartments for £340, that seems pretty reasonable to me

it was almost £600 when they booked last time a year ago...

not sure if this means that they have dropped their prices, or that its just the time of year that they booked the holidays

Who did you book with?

Not sure. Mainly due to work as my new job is going to take up much of my time in July and August, and my other half can't do June or September. Considering going for the Closing Parties for a cheeky long weekend though.

As said before, the cost for two weeks is just silly now which is a real shame. It's crazy to think that I spent about the same amount of money for an amazing two weeks travelling the West Coast of America last July, staying in great hotels and going to lovely restaurants as I would normally do for Ibiza.

I love the place and didn't go in 2008 but there are so many other places out there I'd prefer to spend my time for which I'd get more for my £. Looking at South America, and also fancy a few days in New York.

If taken today, your trip to the the States (or for that matter, to anywhere) would be similarly proportionally more expensive in pounds, given that your currency has fallen not only against the Euro but against the dollar and other currencies.

In other words, logically, the decrease in the pound's value is only a valid excuse for swapping Ibiza for another destination if that other destination is in a pound-denominated economy.

That £ 50 ($100) dinner you might have had in Monterrey would now cost you £ 67 ;)

I cant say it will make a difference to a lot of people. You save all year for these trips anyway, just got to save a bit harder this time around :)

There is no way i would sacrifice a holiday because of the week pound, especially now with all the doom and gloom of England!

I'm going for the whole summer this year so the weak pound is an extra bummer considering the money i have saved up will be worth about 25% less previous years!
I plan to get a job straight away though so getting paid in euro's will help i guess!

There is no way I would sacrifice a holiday because of the week pound, especially now with all the doom and gloom of England!
quote]

I wouldn't sacrifice my other holidays, definately not, I'm still going on a couple of other trips this year and admittedly two are in Europe so I will be effected by the weak pound/euro situation but for me ibiza is different, you can book flights, hotel and then stay half board all before you go and get a good deal but it's the one holiday a year that I tend to take a lot of spending money for clubs, drinks etc and that's where the poor exchange rate would hit me too hard, although it's already climbing so fingers crossed, I may venture to the white isle for a long weekend late in the season8).

I will be going this year. I have talked some friends into going. The dollar euro rate has sucked for years now, so the Brits sorry to say join the club. IMO when I went in June with no early morning breakfast places or bbars it was a bit disappointing. I missed leaving Pacha and going to Space Sunday morning. The srtict closing policy sucks.:spank:

PS I have not been on for while HAPPY New YEAR to all.

Have managed to con my work into a "research' trip to Ibiza 8)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Respect!! I thought I was the queen of blag - but that is impressive!!!!!

Wonder what excuses I can use for a research trip to Ibiza for the IT Management Consultancy world.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe I should look at the clubs "Infrastructure" and see if it needs to be updated :lol::lol:
The clubbing business tends to be a bit rough and tumble. It's fast-paced and often somewhat unorganized. The strong emphasis on marketing, advertising, music policy, security and technical aspects (sound, lights, etc) means that effective financial and inventory management are afterthoughts.

The implementation of modern management information systems could help major Ibiza clubs better manage their door, bar and accounting systems. Improved tracking of inventory could cut down on waste while ensuring maximum revenue. This could similarly be effective for smaller businesses around the island.

I propose to hold a series of meetings with managers from leading island businesses to explore ways that _(your firm)_ could assist them in improving their MIS.

The clubbing business tends to be a bit rough and tumble. It's fast-paced and often somewhat unorganized. The strong emphasis on marketing, advertising, music policy, security and technical aspects (sound, lights, etc) means that effective financial and inventory management are afterthoughts.

The implementation of modern management information systems could help major Ibiza clubs better manage their door, bar and accounting systems. Improved tracking of inventory could cut down on waste while ensuring maximum revenue. This could similarly be effective for smaller businesses around the island.

I propose to hold a series of meetings with managers from leading island businesses to explore ways that _(your firm)_ could assist them in improving their MIS.

Love Ya!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol, that's very good.

Back