1 Euro = 0.944 pounds - anyone going to ibiza in 09?

Hate to add more doom and gloom, but I think Ibiza will really be hit this year like no other time in the last 30 years.

Why cant the clubs, pubs and hotels do a Weatherspoons and reduce their prices in advance to attract people.

Some ideas

* 99p a pint in Pacha, £5 to get in, £2.00 for fish and chips and an extra 99p for a double

* £50 for a week at Pikes

* 10p a pint up the West End

* One Jam Jar for every 10 miles in a Taxi

Your thoughts.

its SCARY .I dont think we are whining just saying how it is.Its fine when you are ok finantially.
Three months ago everything was ok,i smugley sympathised with people who had lost jobs ect. I booked flights to Ibiza for May and September, now hubby lost job things not so good,im gona try my best to go on these hols but i will have to work really hard.Im thinking we will eat and drink in when we get there but my pleasure is eating and drinking out.(hip flask sounds a good idea who would of thought you would be doing that in Spain been doing that in uk for a long time lol).Good luck to everyone i hope you get there.

I want to go as it will be 10 years since my first punt this May but with a nipper and just me working it would have been a slog getting the readies but now with that exchange rate the clubs can xxxx right off.

like i said elsewhere, would you rather spend a grand in skegness or a grand in ibiza.

it might buy you less overall than last year but so what, that might only equate to one club entry or one nice meal out.

I have no idea where I will be holidaying this year...I saw on GMTV today the general cost of holidays is cheaper as the Euro is so bad.....who knows.

few of my mates have just booked 2 weeks in the jet apartments for £340, that seems pretty reasonable to me

it was almost £600 when they booked last time a year ago...

not sure if this means that they have dropped their prices, or that its just the time of year that they booked the holidays

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Morbyd on this one, it only seems so bad cause we (that being us Brit folk) have had it so good for so long.

If you can't afford to go, its not the end of the world. The island isn't going anywhere. Plus if you do decide to go, as I said before, there are plenty cheaper/free options on the island to get your rocks off. Might be a good thing if it forces people off the big club beaten track a bit more. I mean, 80 sheets for Tiesto?? Major Lols.

I'm not going to Ibiza this year but not due to the euro but mainly to do with how the island has changed.

A few years ago a 22 hour session at Space on a Sunday seemed quite a bargain for 35 euros (even if you weren't in there for the full duration you were normally looking at about 18 hours clubbing and a pass-out), now a very much filtered down session of 8 or so hours (ok it opens at 4.30pm but people weren't getting there til much later last summer) for 50 euros/£50 isn't quite the same is it :rolleyes:

like i said elsewhere, would you rather spend a grand in skegness or a grand in ibiza.

it might buy you less overall than last year but so what, that might only equate to one club entry or one nice meal out.

This is true, but i think holidays themselves are going to be a luxury for many this year and the exchange rate getting worse may be the deciding factor.

Me, i'll be spending the grand on nappies and milk:lol:

This is true, but i think holidays themselves are going to be a luxury for many this year and the exchange rate getting worse may be the deciding factor.
I'm not so sure about this. For people that are out of work, yes, that's true. But for the majority of people, who will probably still be in the same job a year from now, (and specifically salaried workers), there probably won't be much change in travel plans.

I say this only because I was surprised how packed my vacation flights were this year. And the resorts are full. I thought there was supposed to be some massive crisis, but people are out here living it up.

I'm not going to Ibiza this year but not due to the euro but mainly to do with how the island has changed.

A few years ago a 22 hour session at Space on a Sunday seemed quite a bargain for 35 euros (even if you weren't in there for the full duration you were normally looking at about 18 hours clubbing and a pass-out), now a very much filtered down session of 8 or so hours (ok it opens at 4.30pm but people weren't getting there til much later last summer) for 50 euros/£50 isn't quite the same is it :rolleyes:

And also you're going travelling for 6 months :lol:

I probably won't be going... well 99% sure not going.

I've loved every trip, but did feel that things are on a down from 2008.

I will definitely go back, but just not this year. Nothing to do with the pound for me either, but usually every year i'm thinking about it constantly, and this year not so much.

The clubbing in Ibiza is still amazing and the island is beautiful, and this is coming from someone who would cross the Atlantic every year to go, but I don't know if it's worth the effort anymore.

oh yes still going, have it all booked, got it booked last year so can do some serious saving this year, i won't be stepping foot out the door until July but i feel its worth it :)

I probably won't be going... well 99% sure not going.

I've loved every trip, but did feel that things are on a down from 2008.

I will definitely go back, but just not this year. Nothing to do with the pound for me either, but usually every year i'm thinking about it constantly, and this year not so much.

The clubbing in Ibiza is still amazing and the island is beautiful, and this is coming from someone who would cross the Atlantic every year to go, but I don't know if it's worth the effort anymore.

Im the opposite... I had the best time out of any last year and have been talking about going back this year since then. I just don't think I'll be able to afford it this year :cry:
J

Now looking likely I'm going to be gracing the fine city of Barcelona with my presence for Sonar this summer 8)

I'm not so sure about this. For people that are out of work, yes, that's true. But for the majority of people, who will probably still be in the same job a year from now, (and specifically salaried workers), there probably won't be much change in travel plans.

I say this only because I was surprised how packed my vacation flights were this year. And the resorts are full. I thought there was supposed to be some massive crisis, but people are out here living it up.

Morbyd, I'm talking from a strictly UK point of view. In many sectors, many people don't know if they are going to be in work a year from now unfortunately.

Back