What's the weather like at the moment?

What took you to jersey may I ask?
Me? I love it as I like small islands (Hey, Ibiza, Formentera, hi!!) with manificent beaches, decent pubs and in the case of Jersey it's an hour away and no need for passports/queues etc. With all the frenchness there feels like I'm properly abroad anyway.

Disappointingly they have just a couple of night clubs in St Helier, one less now leaving AFAIK just St James' and Chambers. And one does karaoke...ye gods....

Me? I love it as I like small islands (Hey, Ibiza, Formentera, hi!!) with manificent beaches, decent pubs and in the case of Jersey it's an hour away and no need for passports/queues etc. With all the frenchness there feels like I'm properly abroad anyway.

Disappointingly they have just a couple of night clubs in St Helier, one less now leaving AFAIK just St James' and Chambers. And one does karaoke...ye gods....
Fair play. Yeah we severely lack decent club nights in the Channel Islands, it’s awful. Used to be a bit of a scene wen I was 18-24 with a couple small clubs but it’s dead now, jus fancy wine/cocktail bars

Fair play. Yeah we severely lack decent club nights in the Channel Islands, it’s awful. Used to be a bit of a scene wen I was 18-24 with a couple small clubs but it’s dead now, jus fancy wine/cocktail bars
Sadly it feels like the youngsters want to leave Jersey as it's too - I dunno, constricted? Dull? Short of opportunities, huge cost and lack of supply of housing?? Which is why, demographically, us oldies take over by default, whether to live there or just holiday. Just think, if a couple of decent clubs like Pacha had opened on the island in the 2000's it could have been the British(ish) Ibiza!! On the plus side it's very GLBT-friendly even though there are no specific bars/hotels.

Just wish the sea was warmer in summer!!

Sadly it feels like the youngsters want to leave Jersey as it's too - I dunno, constricted? Dull? Short of opportunities, huge cost and lack of supply of housing?? Which is why, demographically, us oldies take over by default, whether to live there or just holiday. Just think, if a couple of decent clubs like Pacha had opened on the island in the 2000's it could have been the British(ish) Ibiza!! On the plus side it's very GLBT-friendly even though there are no specific bars/hotels.

Just wish the sea was warmer in summer!!
Yeah very similar to here in Guernsey, property is so expensive the younger gen can’t get on the ladder even with a decent job, average house is at around 700k atm it’s madness. Haha the British ibiza sounds good 😂 unfortunately couldn’t be further from the truth! Guernsey is also very welcoming to all but jersey definately has the better/varied nightlife, very limited here, but our beaches are nicer 😁

It's crazy.
Here we had 17° today, should be around 5° normally.
Over the weekend January's warmest temp ever in the UK was recorded....in the north of Scotland, something around 18-19c which they rarely get in summer! Those mild southerlies just picked up warmth as they tumbled down the highland's mountains, I suppose.

Ibiza is a disappointing 16c today, but was 14c overnight which is pleasant enough, light jacket order for sitting outside a bar!

I don't have one. if I'm sweaty and hot after a hike and if it's sunny and NOT windy, I don't care how cold the water is, I'm in for a short dip. the not windy bit is the important detail here.
I started swimming in Dec 2022 the sea temp was gr8, really started enjoying it. I then had a run in with Jellyfish and it put me off completely, stings all over my shoulders. What do you do to mitigate the crazed Jelleyfish?

I started swimming in Dec 2022 the sea temp was gr8, really started enjoying it. I then had a run in with Jellyfish and it put me off completely, stings all over my shoulders. What do you do to mitigate the crazed Jelleyfish?

there is a cream available in pharmacies that helps soothing. but generally, if I go for a proper swim rather than just a dip, I always wear a diving mask so I can see the jellyfish

there is a cream available in pharmacies that helps soothing. but generally, if I go for a proper swim rather than just a dip, I always wear a diving mask so I can see the jellyfish
I installed an app that supposedly is a good guide to where the Jellyfish will be based on the wind direction but not had the courage to go back in the water since!! Never gave it a thought until the savage mauling they meted out.

Weather is very UK like these past two days, grey, grey and more grey. can't remember too many consecutive grey days..

Very sunny weather in ibiza today , well , like almost always since september , Went swimming on my own today from salada to saladeta and back ! Not too cold , loved it 😊

I totally get it that you enjoyed it, but let's face it, this can't be good.
catalonia officially entered in drought alarm yesterday.
the doñana nature reserve in southern spain is suffering badly.

I genuinely pray for the spanish mediterranean coast as well as for the balearic islands to get heaps of rain between february and may.

I was just talking about a good time spent in the water Stivi .
I am definitely aware of the current situation which is getting worse day after day here but also as you say in many other parts of the country and like you I hope it rains,

a little personal story: this morning I went to see a friend who has a house in Cala Boix, she was watering her fruit trees! she doesn't have water where she lives so it's by truck, she never thought she would do it, it's the first time she's had to do it in 9 years of living there even though she's a great environmentalist and only uses the bare minimum only there it is, it was water or everything died and it is the beginning of February , It’s definitely more than alarming.

The San An major mentioned yesterday that this summer there will be more water restrictions than the last one...

Back