What's the weather like at the moment?

Definitely on the chilly side due to the wind especially at night but winter being here is stretching it a bit.
When the wind is not blowing it's actually pretty warm in the sunshine.
No coat and still shorts for me 😉
I can't wait to go back in the sea for a dip. 😎

Last edited:
Definitely on the chilly side due to the wind especially at night but winter being here is stretching it a bit.
When the wind is not blowing it's actually pretty warm in the sunshine.
No coat and still shorts for me 😉
I can't wait to go back in the sea for a dip. 😎
Think it’s more the West being battered (as it has been a westerly wind) so feels a lot colder, especially where we are in Benimussa Hills.

Inland towards San Rafael & Ibiza Town was much warmer and less windy.

Still…22 degrees today!

Think it’s more the West being battered (as it has been a westerly wind) so feels a lot colder, especially where we are in Benimussa Hills.

Inland towards San Rafael & Ibiza Town was much warmer and less windy.

Still…22 degrees today!
You can definitely feel the chill more en el campo, here in Ibiza it hasn't been that bad even if the wind is pretty strong and makes it feel quite cool at times.
Hopefully this windy phase is on its way out, very annoying, had to get my fence repaired earlier today as it got a good battering 😂

Torremolinos over the weekend hung around the 21c mark, clear skies but very nippy, even cold in the stiff breeze which I assume reached Ibiza? The weather was coming from the north-west over the peninsula I noted.

Managed some sheltered sunbathing, nice walks along the front, no outdoor swims, and the last 36 hours in bed after food poisoning....that's something that hasn't happened in Ibiza to me > yet!

magnificent weather, big blue sky, not a cloud and temperature around 24-25 degrees in the afternoon for a few days already and it will last a few more days. I went swimming yesterday 🙂 ( the sea on the other hand is a little cold)

same re swimming yesterday - but once you're in it's fine.

too warm for the time of the year though.
maybe we get some rain next week, I wouldn't say no to that for a day or two tbh.

that said, it's true, the weather is bloody amazing right now.

November

maybe we get some rain next week, I wouldn't say no to that for a day or two tbh.

November is the new October

magnificent weather, big blue sky, not a cloud and temperature around 24-25 degrees in the afternoon for a few days already and it will last a few more days. I went swimming yesterday 🙂 ( the sea on the other hand is a little cold)

I hate you both. Deeply.

In a Tshirt last couple of days. Nothing is normal anymore 👀
Ibiza yesterday 14c min, 23 max and full sun.
Normal here in the UK though, cold, wet, very windy at times, as there's nothing from Manchester Airport to Ibiza direct, been looking at Valencia, Alicante etc - apparently they've had an autumn heatwave but by the time I've booked that will all have changed!!

Ibiza yesterday 14c min, 23 max and full sun.
Normal here in the UK though, cold, wet, very windy at times, as there's nothing from Manchester Airport to Ibiza direct, been looking at Valencia, Alicante etc - apparently they've had an autumn heatwave but by the time I've booked that will all have changed!!

Serious drought here now.. reservoirs down to 19% and the greedy lunatics in power want even more tourism 🙄

Explained below (Casa Negron posted about all this earlier in year IIRC)

Serious drought here now.. reservoirs down to 19% and the greedy lunatics in power want even more tourism 🙄

Explained below (Casa Negron posted about all this earlier in year IIRC)

Yeah, you certainly couldn't attract tourists if they can't shower! Think they should be importing fresh water from, well, the UK for starters, but that costs so if they want to attract more tourists, then there needs to be more taxes on them to pay for the water. Which, if high enough...would put them off so it's double-edged sword.

One thing strikes me, if there's severe drought then all swimming pools should be salt-water only; although the logistics of getting the sea water to the pools (and cleaning it) would be difficult and expensive using tankers etc, and might even destroy fresh-water pools filtration systems?

But for all new developments with new pools, surely that's the way to go? Piped sea-water to the pool?

fyi, the desalination plants in ibiza produce enough water over the year to service all the people, tourists, and swimming pools. there's even enough capacity for bath night on the last friday of the month! the caveat is that investment has/had to be made to store the water produced at times of low demand for times like august when it's high.

fyi, the desalination plants in ibiza produce enough water over the year to service all the people, tourists, and swimming pools. there's even enough capacity for bath night on the last friday of the month! the caveat is that investment has/had to be made to store the water produced at times of low demand for times like august when it's high.
I'm sure I've walked past one on Formentera, near San Ferran?? Dunno whether that can meet the demand or whether the balance is imported/pumped from aquifers but, like Ibiza, I don't think there's any surface fresh-water. Heavy rainfall should be stored naturally underground?

a mix of weekend plans and weather post, but yesterday and today has been absolutely gorgeous here. sun, over 20ºC (the car said 22.5c earlier today) and no wind at all.

while we really could do with some rain now (the campo is extremely dry again), I won't lie, we've enjoyed the weekend to the max. we were on the big main beach of portinatx yesterday for a lunch pic nic (incl swimming) and then had a hike (in shorts and t-shirt of course) and today more of the same: a morning hike from cala salada up to cap nuno with a dip in the sea back at cala salada in the end and then I picked up mrs stivi and we went to cala bassa (gorgeous in winter) for more sun, swimming and some SUP'ing too.

bloody fantastic, but it does seem next week we'll see colder temperatures slowly and I guess on socials you might soon see some ibiza fireplaces being lit. but again, what a brilliant late summer and autumn we've had so far.

Chance of snow on the hills of Mallorca next week with a really cold northerly blast. Midweek next week Ibiza down to 11c during the day according to windy.com

It would be really good if it rained and that for a few days !
if I remember correctly it hasn't rained or very little since the beginning of September!

Back