What's the weather like at the moment?

The weather has been insane this autumn - winter. Driest autumn for 71 years and surely heading the same way for winter. One day with rain, ironically the zenith of which was during the Three Kings parade in Santa Eulalia last Friday, caused havoc. Otherwise virtually zero rain for many, many months. Fields look like they do mid summer scorched and brown near our house.

Looks chilly today, 12c (sea temp is warmer at 16c!) dropped to 6c overnight. Sunny though, love to know if it feels warm in the sun at this time of year.

Looks chilly today, 12c (sea temp is warmer at 16c!) dropped to 6c overnight. Sunny though, love to know if it feels warm in the sun at this time of year.

today in the morning it felt proper chilly (as it had cleared up overnight).

it's pretty simple, if it's sunny and NOT windy, it does feel warm around noon (or if you find a spot where the wind doesn't blow).

it was good to finally have two rainy days (wed and thu), the campo was completely dry. I'll be hiking tomorrow and sunday and I expect it to be a little greener now - the way it should be in the winter really. we had so little rain since end of september it's crazy.

today in the morning it felt proper chilly (as it had cleared up overnight).

it's pretty simple, if it's sunny and NOT windy, it does feel warm around noon (or if you find a spot where the wind doesn't blow).

it was good to finally have two rainy days (wed and thu), the campo was completely dry. I'll be hiking tomorrow and sunday and I expect it to be a little greener now - the way it should be in the winter really. we had so little rain since end of september it's crazy.

Question is @stivi what is your minimum water temperature for the sea? :)

I don't have one. if I'm sweaty and hot after a hike and if it's sunny and NOT windy, I don't care how cold the water is, I'm in for a short dip. the not windy bit is the important detail here.
This!
I'm exactly the same, it's not so much the water temperature the issue but how windy it is when you get out. If there's not wind I'm always up for a quick dip even if they tend to be definitely a lot shorter than usual.

It’s got really popular here in Guernsey since the pandemic, any day of the year you can go to any beach and there’s nutters in the sea, it f***in hurts but does give u a buzz and a good mood spike after

It’s got really popular here in Guernsey since the pandemic, any day of the year you can go to any beach and there’s nutters in the sea, it f***in hurts but does give u a buzz and a good mood spike after
I was in Jersey in December after the storms, on the long surfing beach west side of the island, Friday afternoon. Expecting someone to be out there on the waves, but nobody!

And they get to wear wet suits!! Mind you, I'm not paddling in those cold waters anytime outside of summer!

This!
I'm exactly the same, it's not so much the water temperature the issue but how windy it is when you get out. If there's not wind I'm always up for a quick dip even if they tend to be definitely a lot shorter than usual.

If it's windy when I get out I'm definitely a lot shorter than usual

Back