YOUR Reviews

Dates I was in heaven : June 28 - July 7

my sty for the week : Hotel Montesol in Ibiza Town

Club nights visited : El Divino, Eden, We Luv Sundays @ Space, Manumission, Amnesia, Pacha

Best Night : Pacha on 4th of July and Manumission for the energy

Worst Night : El Divino

Best Bar : Mambo

Best Place to Eat : forgot the name but it is a Tapas restaurant right in Ibiza town next to Hotel Montesol. Cheap and Great!

Money spent : 900 euros

Biggest Regret : Not renting a car and touring more of the island

Going Back?!? : Definately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Tip : Learn the bus schedule and take it! It will save you lots of money in the long run.

Can't believe it's over

Dates I was there: 30th Aug - 7th Sep

Were I stayed: Mira Mola apts (Figueratas) - too many kids

Club nights visited: We Love Sundays (Sasha B'day), Release Yourself (Pacha), Miss Moneypenneys (El Divino), Cream (Amnesia)

Best night: Release Yourself (Pacha) - God was at the decks

Worst night: El Divino Miss Moneypenneys (total bilge)

Best Bar: Mambo

Best place to eat: Mambo Nachos were the best ever!

Money spent: 2000+ euro (for two)

biggest regret: Wasting the time money on El Divino

going back: Does night follow day?

Top Tip: Start deciding where to stay next year when you get home/ go in September/ Be happy :D

Dates I was there: 1st Sept - 8th Sept
Were I stayed: Apparthotel Jabeque - great rooms, safe, far enough from planes, great location (close to Ibiza Town and Bora Bora - in the middle)
Club nights visited: We Love Sundays (Sasha Birthday), Circo Loco, Four:Four (Seaman, Fortier, Ornadel), Renaissance (Sander K, Youssef), Underwater (X-Press 2, Emerson), Ibiza Underground (Sander K), MOS (Sandy Rivera, Full Intention), Be Yourself (Danny Tenaglia), and some carry-ons
Best night: Underwater @ Pacha - the club, the music, the crowd.. everything was perfect!
Worst night: Four:Four - Bad turnout, Ornadel sucks big time, and Fortier played too much of an oldskool prog trance set
Best Bar: KM 5
Best place to eat: Ibiza has some really bad food PLUS I didn't eat much
Money spent: Excluding flights and hotels, about 800 euros
biggest regret: Not making it to Sander K's villa, and arriving too late Sunday @ Space
going back: I will probably take a year off next year and come back in 2004; but it would be easy to twist my arm into coming back next summer
Top Tip: Do not miss Underwater or Sander K.. Go to KM5.. Visit the island

Dates you were there: 25th Aug - 8th Sept
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San Antonio, Marian apts
Club nights visited: manumission on 1st monday, worthwhile cause it was my first time, but i wouldnt go back!
Space for sasha's birthday, a fantastic nite, but not the best club!
Pacha - parks and wilson
amnesia
Best Night: pacha, by far!!everyone is so chilled, plently of movement, no freaky shit and just enjoying it!!
Worst Night: cant think of any, other than not been able to go out cause still hungover from the last nite!
Best Bar:bar m, beach bar:coastline/lying outside cafe del mar,
Best Place to Eat:'curry club' an indian restaurant set at back of san an town, great food and loads of it!!!
Money Spent: £800 -
Biggest Regret: not goin to sven vath-cocoon at amnesia
Going Back?: definetly
Top Tip:bring more money than you think is enough!!!

Time Visited: Sept 6 - 12th
Hotel Stayed: Hotel Goleta, Play En Bosse. Excellent. 5 min to Bora Bora, 10 min walk to Space. Complete full service, meals included 144 euros
Clubs Visited: Pacha Def Mix, Sundays at Space, Kiss
Bars Visited: Bora Bora, Tahiti, Base Bar, Rock Bar, Mambo, Cafe Del Mar, Wuanas, Mao Room, Murphys Irish Bar (a must see, live music, fun partying crowd
Restaurants: Angelos - D'alt Villa, Fero - Ibiza Town, S'carda- Ibiza Town
Mambo - San Antonio
Best Beach - Se Salllinas beach in Formentera
Best Night - Partying and dancing a storm with a bunch of rowdy English and Germans at this small Irish bar which featured live classic rock music
Worst Night - Can't think of any. Each night was completely different.
Money Spent - Total with Air/Hotel/Car/booze/food 2000 euros
Biggest regret - Not checking out some of the other clubs. Especially Privilidge. It was easier to stick around Ibiza town. Not going to the hippie market, or Namaste.
Would I go back: For sure, I'm not sure when, but hopefully in the next few years.

Dates you were there: 7th Sept - 15th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jet Appartments, Playa Den Bossa

Club nights visited: We Love Sundays @ Space, DC10, Perfecto Essential @ Pacha, Subliminal @ Pacha, Ministry @ Pacha and Ministry After Party @ Space

Best Night: God so hard to choose, Space was absolutely fantastic, DC10 was my bestest DC10 session ever esp with the appearance of a certain Mr Danny Tenaglia and as for Erick's set at Subliminal that was truly awesome too........

Worst Night: There wasn't one, we were a bit gutted that Oakie wasn't there for his Closing Party but Steve Lawler stepped into the Oakmeister's shoes nicely and Tongy was excellent so not too gutted.

Best Bar: Bora Bora, spent almost every day/night down there.

Best Place to Eat: Only had one proper meal in the wk :rolleyes: and that was at KM5 and was as yummy as ever.

Money Spent: I think about £1250 for 2 of us.

Biggest Regret: None at all, it was a perfect wk from start to finish.

Going Back?: Of course, there's a few years left in this old girl!

Top Tip: Go out clubbing til about 1/2 hour before you have to leave for the airport to go home, that way you don't have time to get depressed and you can carry on having it til the very last possible minute :lol:

Dates you were there: 28th Aug - 11th Sept
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San Antonio, Catalina Apts
Club nights visited: Def Mix @ Pacha (twice), We Love Sundays @ Space, Garlands Closing Party @ Space, Soul Heaven @ El Divino & Pin Up (a new club along the lines of what DC10 was like a couple of years back, but better!)
Best Night: Def Mix with Frankie Knuckles
Worst Night: Didn't have a bad one
Best Bar: Savannah cause we were above it and its much more friendly and chilled than the others.
Best Place to Eat: Tijuana, Villa Mercedes, Curry Club
Money Spent: £900 each
Going Back?: Of course
Top Tips: Go to Pin Up, get around the island to some of the nice beaches and restaurants, go to Ibiza Town.

Dates you were there: 5th Sept - 12th Sept
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Victoria, Playa de Talamanca
Club nights visited:
- 5/9: Cream with Timo Maas @ Amnesia
- 6/9: Ministry @ Pacha
- 7/9: Danny Tenaglia 12 hour marathon @ Privilege
- 8/9: Soul Heaven @ El Divino with Kenny Dope Gonzales
- 9/9: Roger Sanchez @ Pacha
- 10/9: Perfecto Closing @ Pacha with Pete Tong & Steve Lawler
- 11/9: Erik Morillo @ Pacha ("we love NY")
Best Night:
it depends on what makes a night the best:
- music & DJ performance
- dancing & sweating
- people
- venue
- new DJs
Let's start with the last one. The Ministry night is the most expensive and in my opinion it doesn't worth the cost, but I've listened to Full Intention (a new Ministry dj - almost to me) and he rocked Pacha. His set was like an enjoying 2 hour aerobic session to me!
What about the venue... It's not the 1st time for me in Ibiza, so I know clubs quite well. I yet know beaches and pre/afetr-party clubs too. After all these years they always look the same. It's the people and the music that make place in Ibiza so special.
People? Well, the audience @ Privilege listening to Danny Tenaglia was very enthusiastic and moderate too, the place was not to crowded so people could move comfortably around... I think most of the people was there to enjoy the set and not to make noise. So the Oscar goes to Privilege. Nevertheless this fact, I would like to remember that all of Pacha people on the Morillo night was still up and dancing at 8 a.m.! I mean all of them!
What night made me dance till my knees were crying? Danny Tenaglia is definetely the only DJ who can turn a club in a fitness center! Anyway the Oscar goes to Roger Sanchez who broke down the dance floor: ask Pacha dancers, if they managed to survive the night!
And finally the music. It's very hard to choose. You know, Danny made a more than 12 hours set, always proposing excellent and new mixes, always top level at the turntables, he was able to establish a feeling with his audience that I've never seen. Unfortunately for Danny, the last night I was there, the 11th Sept, Erik Morillo took his place in the Pacha console: maybe the fact that it was my last night, that it was the 9/11, that the night was named "we love NY", that the DJ was soooooooooooo gooooooooooood... I wish to say that all of these facts together made me going completely crazy for Erik & his house.
Worst Night: ......emh .... I was on holiday, I was in Ibiza... It doesn't make sense "worst night"?
Best Bar: Sa Trincxa at Salinas is so nice every year I go there. Anyway, most of the time I stayed at Talamanca beach under the sun.
Best Place to Eat: Sa Punta at the end of Playa de Talamanca.
Money Spent: who cares?
Biggest Regret: I'm 30 years old. My legs and knees are no more so good...
Going Back?: Hope to go there on NYE and to see the Manumission closing next year.
Top Tip: Free your mind. You're in Paradise.

Dates you were there: 28/08/02 - 03/09/02
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Lux-Mar
Club nights visited: Subliminal/Underwater @ Pacha, La Troya Asesina (after) @ Space, Cream @ Amnesia, Tonic (after) @ Space, MOS @ Pacha, Ministry In Ibiza/Matinee Group (after) @ Space, We Love Sundays @ Space, Manumission @ Privilege, Cocoon @ Amnesia.
Best Night: Cream @ Amnesia
Worst Night: Manumission @ Privilege
Best Bar: Been to none (lack of time) :lol:
Best Place to Eat: Burger king
Money Spent: Around 1500 Euros
Biggest Regret: Not going to DC10 on Monday.
Going Back?: Ofcourse, Next summer!
Top Tip: Do NOT visit restaurants stright after u come back from a party... That could cause a few messups :p

Dates you were there: 8th Sept - 15th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): a villa in Las Salinas (perfect location, great view! not that expensive after all)

Club nights visited: Manumission @ Privilege, Cream @ Amnesia, Tonic @ Space

Best Night: Bora Bora every evening till midnight and Cream

Worst Night: Manumission (I didn't want to go - I had already been disappointed last year - but my friends insisted) It wasn't totally crap but you can get so much better in ibiza (I hate their show - it sucks and most of the people stop dancing to watch it...)

Best Bar: Bora Bora, been there almost every evening... In Ibiza Town: Mao Room, Dome, Base...

Best Place to Eat: KM5, a little italian called l'Osteria in Ibiza Town, Can Pujol in San An

Money Spent: I don't know and I don't wanna know... but probably more than 1000 Euro (without the flight).

Biggest Regret: Not going to Sunday @ Space (Basement Jaxx, Layo & B, Steve Lawler, Tiga, oh my god....), not going to Pacha, not going to La Troya, not going to the new hot places (Underground, Pin Up...) ... and not going to Formentera (one week is definitely not enough!!!!)

Going Back?: what do you think?

Top Tip: rent a villa with a pool, rent a car, bring your own stuff, stay away from San An (even the sunset strip is tired), go to the clubs more than I did !!!! (my friends didn't want to every night so...), go to Bora Bora every evening, dance on the tables and smile to people... do it as if you wouldn't never come back (even if you know for sure you will)

Dates you were there: 15th-22nd Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San Antonio, Poniente Apartments - Great location, very close to the beach bars which are fantastic (esp Kanya & Coastline) and out of the damned West End. The apartments themselves are fairly basic (who cares?!) but fairly spacious and cheap, and the almost 24 hour bar downstairs is _very_ cheap (1.80 Euros for a San Miguel) and very handy.

Club nights visited: Circo Loco @ DC10, God's Kitchen Closing Encore @ Eden, Subliminal Sessions @ Pacha, Water Party @ Es Paradis, Cream closing @ Amnesia and School Disco @ Eden

Best Night: God's Kitchen - Tall Paul was superb, the laser show was great, the stilt walkers and fire-spinners were very cool and everyone was really up for it. :D
It was a close call though - DC10 was as good as everyone said it was, very chilled out outside and a great atmosphere, Cream was brilliant but I was tiring by then, and Pacha was also fantastic. The water party at Es Paradis was such a surreal experience - dancing around in a swimming pool!! :confused:

Worst Night: School Disco - I only went because all my mates were, and although some of it was a laugh the place was really empty and I had lost all my energy by that point. :(

Best Club: Amnesia by far - the place is huge, but not _too_ huge like Privelege. The lighting is really nice and moody, there's massive screens, there's nice stonework and the sound system's good.

Best DJ: Tough one, but it's between Yousef, Tall Paul and Jo Mills.

Best Bar: Kanya - great cocktails, good layout, nice sofas, good music, friendly staff and good food.

Best Place to Eat: Out of the ones I went to it would have to be Kanya - I didn't go to any proper restaurants, but the green thai curry I had there was to die for. I wanted to go to the converted monastery (I forget it's name) north of San An but didn't get round to it.

Money Spent: £600, which allowed me to be as frivalous as I wanted to be. (though I could have spent more if I wasn't very clever or went on expensive things like parascending :p )

Going Back?: Oh yes - in a couple of years (next year's holidays already sorted unfortunately :( ) and definitely for a fortnight.

Top Tips: Go for some of your tour company's deals - we managed to get half price tickets to God's Kitchen and Cream and several hours of free bars at various places. ;) Make sure you only use the licenced taxi drivers with a light on top, and check the price before you set off. Finally I know it's been said many times but it can't be said enough - AVOID THE WEST END!!! :evil: It's full of lookie-lookies which try and take your money off you, annoying piss-artists and the bars are worse than you'd expect in my hometown of High Wycombe.

Regrets: Missing out on going to Space and doing parascending because my mates wouldn't do them.

- Dave

Dates you were there: August 31st - 15th Sept
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): La Palmeras, San Antonio
Club nights visited: Judgement Sunday, Dave Pearce Euphoria, Es Paradis Old Skool Night-thingy, Garage Heaven @ Eden X2, Tonic X2, Charlies Angels @ Summum.
Best Night: Dave Pearce Euphoria
Worst Night: Garage Heaven (With So Solid) :-(
Best DJ: Ferry Corsten - King of Trance. Nothing more needs saying.
Worst DJ: Judge Jules (and his entourage). In Bar M pre-party, he was fantastic. By the time I reached Eden his 'hangers-on' had taken over and he didn't even seem bothered.
Best set heard: Jules in Bar M/Ferry @ JS
Best Bar: Krystals in West End
Best Place to Eat: Cafe Mambo/Bar M
Money Spent: £1300
Best moment: Having a drink with Pete Tong, Sonique and Blocko (not all at once), when Jules played 'Mysteryland (Sickboy Courtyard Mix)' by Y-Traxx in Bar M (pre-party).
Worst Moment: Falling asleep in the VIP at Eden during Garage 'Heaven'.
Biggest Regret: Not going with someone who likes trance as much as me
Going Back?: Yes
Top Tip: Don't go Club 18-30's. Don't buy tickets for crap nights from reps. Get to Judgement Sundays to see Ferry and not the Judge.

Dates you were there: 13th-24th sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Playa den Bossa, Hotel Mare Nostrum

Best Night: Cocoon closing night in Amnesia

Worst Night: our visit to san Antonio made me feel like a 16year old in salou of lloret da Mar :cry:

Best Bar: K-ube (ibiza city)

Best Place to Eat: Jetstore - Lays Chips

Money Spent: 900 Euro

Biggest Regret: because i was to fu**ed up i went to bed at 10pm on our last evening and mist the space@sundays closing party

Going Back?: probably for the cocoon openingparty in june and the closing in september

Top Tip: Sven Väth is his THE dj of the moment imho

Dates you were there: sept7-21

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bossamar Appts Playa d'en Bossa (superb!!! between Bora Bora and Space on the beach!!) :!:

Club nights visited: manumission@privilege, Ministry @pacha, Ministry@space, Zenith@amnesia, djawards@pacha, cream@amnesia, sundays@space, borabora, KM5 8)

Best Night: the afternoons we spent on the pool with space on the background! Bora Bora and Space

Worst Night: djawards@pacha

Best Bar: Bar M@San An

Best Place to Eat: Las Trebedes & Rest. Dalt Vila in Ibiza and Café Coastline in San An (make sure your wallet is well furnished!) and low cost: in the port of Ibiza, a pizza take-away near a bar owned by 2 french.

Money Spent: 800€

Biggest Regret: leaving back home! and not visiting Formentera :cry:

Going Back?: you bet! back in september! average age: between 22 and 30 and terrific atmosphere :twisted:

Top Tips: visit Formentera :!:
don't stay in San An, unless you want to feel like being in London (specially WestEnd)
take a car and do a tour on the isle. its more than just nightlife

JonnyDp said:
Pretty much nicked out of Mixmag........

Dates you were there:10 days holiday then another 5 weeks working
Where you stayed (resort/hotel):paraiso, then with the owner of inox
Club nights visited:mainly all of them
Best Night:cream-i just lurrve them smoke machines
Worst Night:on my holiday, being battered from manumission the nite before, it was my birthday and signed up for skooldisco, i knew it would be shit, when we got there it was not the real one and was in some skanky bar up in the bay feeling ill me and a mate decided to walk up the road and hail a cab, we ended up walking back which took us two hours all the rest of us got back half and hour after we got back-damm u club freestyle!
Best Bar:bar m-great atmo
Best Place to Eat:burger king or on the balcony having a pot noodle
Money Spent:at least 2k maybe more
Biggest Regret:not exploring the island enough,not doing space on sundays
Going Back?:[/b defo for at least two weeks nextyear
Top Tip:
explore the island ,get out and meet people its what makes the place so good

Dates you were there:24th August - 7th September
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San An - Central City (Appaling Hotel!: the most uncomfortable bed's I've ever tried to sleep on; water that was the exact temperature of the one desired; miserable staff; very annoying reps that would not get the message)
Club nights visited: GK @ Eden, Cream @ Amnesia; JS @ EDen (but got in free)
Best Night: Godskitchen, Cream was very good to but Ashley Cassele (I think) played the most boring Prog set I've ever heard and managed to dampen EVERYONE's excitement when they arrived - my girlfriend and I started playing eye-spy in the main room to help make things more interesting, people started joining in too!
Worst Night: Judgement Sundays - only went because Stanton Wariors were on, and I didn't have to pay but this was left as I was feeling ill - and Judge Jules never fails to make me dry-wretch, he's his own biggest fan.
Best Bar: Take your pick!
Best Place to Eat: S'Avaredero
Money Spent: €3,400
Biggest Regret: Being so ill for my second week and missing Sundays at Space, Garlands Closing and Carl Cox.
Going Back?: Probably but not next year
Top Tip: Go to Cala Tarida

One very wierd thing about Godskitchen was that got there early at about 1 as I knew either Signum or Marco V would be on first - even though there were about 700 or so people in - they were all stood around the edge of the dancefloor - Signum just mixed in one of my favourite tracks so I thought "f*** it" and started dancing on my own in the middle of the floor whilst my girlfriend went to get some drinks, by the time she'd got back the floor was packed. A bit "youth-clubby" for my liking!

Dates you were there: Sept 21 - 29
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Can Rafalet, a villa between San Josep and San Agustine
Club nights visited: Amnesia closing, Sundays at Space, Subliminal at Pacha, Manumission carryon @Space
Best Night:Sunday at Space
Worst Night: Amnesia i guess, but we'd just arrived and were a bit tired
Best Bar: Bora Bora of course
Best Place to Eat: in the garden of our villa
Money Spent: 500 euro spending, £330 on flight, accom, car hire
Biggest Regret: not going to Roger Sanchez at Pacha. all my friends insist it was the best music they heard all week
Going Back?: to retire
Top Tip: dance your tits off, go for a walk in the woods

my gf and i gasped in recognition at JonnyDp's description of GodsKitchen as a youth club. nail. head.

Dates you were there: 20 may - 03 october
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): House hired for the season
Club nights visited:Space, DC10, Pin Up, Pacha, Privilege (Manumission), Amnesia
Best Night: Pacha Scandal - Gulio's birthday :lol:
Worst Night: Closing of Subliminal sessions (Toooooo Busy!!!!)
Best Bar: Soap Cafe
Best Place to Eat: Il Vinaino
Money Spent: to much!!
:evil:
Biggest Regret: Left the Island leaving my boyfriend working :(
Going Back?: SURRRREEE!!!! Next year on April :D
Top Tip:When you hear someone talking about a private party, make him your friend!!! ;)

And please... don't go to San Antonio... it's sucks. The real Ibiza it's on the other side of the Island...

Back