YOUR Reviews

Dates you were there: 27th July to 3rd August 2001, BUT going back 16th to 23rd August 2002- 10 days to GO ! !!!

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Solbay Apartments, along the coast from San Antonio

Club nights visited:
Friday - MOS @ Pacha
Saturday - Water Party @ Es Paradis
Sunday - Sundays at Space
Monday - Manumission @ Privilege
Tuesday - Gods Kitchen @ Amnesia
Wednesday - West End, and one 70's/80's club
Thursday - Cream @ Amnesia

Best Night: VERY hard, Music at Es Paradis and Manumission and Cream were the best, Best atmosphere was at Space, Best club inside was Pacha

Worst Night: Tail end of Space as I'd over indulged, had no sleep in 3 days, also Gods Kitchen @ Amnesia - too hard core music

Best Bar: Bar M (sad I know, but the lads wouldn't explore any others)
Best Place to Eat: Restaurant at Bol Nou beach, fresh pineapple - YUM
Money Spent: £1000 Irish pounds - €1270 (this year I've only €1000 and still the holiday to pay for ....ooops

Biggest Regret: not seeing more of the Island as we had hired an open top jeep for the week, lads weren't up for it. I really wanted to go to the Hippy Market....

Going Back?: 16th to 23rd August 2002.......10 days to go (did I mention that already?)

Top Tip: Hire an open top jeep and explore the island
Another Top Tip: Pace yourself, and deal people based in a bar not the jewellers on the street
Last Top Tip: Speak to as many people as possible and learn a bit of Spanish - say THANK YOU and PLEASE in Spanish and see the difference...

stevie said:
Tuesday - Gods Kitchen @ Amnesia
Gods Kitchen @ Amnesia - too hard core music

Godskitchen is at Eden! Were you at Godskitchen or Amnesia on that Tuesday? Or do you not even know? ;)

Well actually smarty pants, if you read my review, that was last year,
when Gods Kitchen was in fact at Amnesia...... ;)

I remember all the clubs I went to, just not all that happened in them. :rolleyes:

Eden was the one club I didn't get to, or El Divino, or DC10....bummer. :cry:

This year I will definately make Eden.. :)

My plan is as follows from 16th August onwards, so if anyone who's been there this year has any suggestions or comments, please feel free.... :D

Fri 16th Aug - Either Danny Tenaglia - StereoBUrslf @ Amnesia
OR Ministry of Sound @ Pacha (what's the vote folks...?)

Sat 17th Aug - Dave Pearce - Euphoria @ Eden

Sun 18th Aug - Daytime - We Love Sundays @ Space
AND Evening - Judgement Sunday @ Eden

Mon 19th Aug - Either Manumission @ Privilege
OR Dave Seaman @ El Divino (What's the vote folks...?)

Tue 20th Aug - John Digweed - Renaissance @ Amnesia

Wed 21st Aug - Fatboy Slim & Erik Morillo - Subliminal @ Pacha

Thu 22nd Aug - Mauro Picotto & Tiesto - Cream @ Amnesia

Please let me know your thoughts or experiences this year of these club nights or DJ's....

EMAIL - stevemcnally569@hotmail.com

Hey Bartonius,

Just noticed yer fae Dundee...that's whaur eh wis brought up....
27 years eh stayed in Menie Hill....an awis mind gain in tae the bakers up the hilltoon an asking "can a hae two peh's a plein ain an an ining ain an a"

God I miss the Dundonian dialect.....

So where ye fae in Dundee.....?
I've still family in Menzieshill (Yarrow Tce) and Gowrie Park (Rosehall Gardens). I haven't been back to Dundee since March...not popular with the mither and faither at a.

Is there a clubbing scene in Dundee? Never was (although I wouldn't have been into the whole scene then) when I was grwoing up.
It was Coconut Grove, De Stilths, and Fat Sams....memories....

So are you an Arab or a Blue Nose?/?

Steve

Aright mate, I'm a Ferry boy as it happens, although my mum was brought up in Menzieshill!

The club scene is f***ing shit. There was this new club called Circus that was hyped up loads as being "Scotland's first superclub" and they promised to have great line-ups and everything. It was all shite, so much lies and fake line-ups, they have been disappointment after disappointment. The biggest DJ they have had is Dave Pearce. Says it all really. And now ex-Mardi Gras manager Pat Mulligan is the new manager and is turning it into another Mardi!!! :x Just what Dundee needs...

There was a great club at Dundee Union called Do This Do That that brought: Seb Fontaine, Sander Kleinenberg, Darren Emerson, Layo & Bushwacka!, Futureshock, Steve Lawler, Jon Carter, Lee Burridge, Yousef and more to Dundee. But that night grew too big and moved to Edinburgh in July. :cry:

The best we have in Dundee now is Glam @ Rattery's with Glam resident The Shy Brother. Not been to it yet but it's meant to be alrightish. Fatty's recently got refurbished, but after a promising re-opening it's turned into a cheesefest. There is also my mate's night at Oxygen, Rome: the music starts off housey and builds up to deep progressive and tech house. It's restarting in October cos it's mainly aimed at students. They have only put on 2 nights to date, but both nights I had a great time so I'm gonna go back, and not just cos I'm mates with the DJ's.

For proper full on clubbing, I usually go to The Ice Factory in Perth for The Rhumba. Had some amazing nights there. I'm off to The Ice Factory this Saturday actually to see Paul Van Dyk. Should be a quality night. It's gonna be packed cos it's only £10.

Oh, and I'm an Arab. Dundee signing Gazza!?! What's that all about!?! :lol:

stevie said:
Well actually smarty pants, if you read my review, that was last year,
when Gods Kitchen was in fact at Amnesia...... ;)

I remember all the clubs I went to, just not all that happened in them. :rolleyes:

Oops, I never noticed that! :oops: Gods was f***ing shit hot at Amnesia last year, not quite as good at Eden this year (Amnesia is a better club) but it is pretty good. If you're going, just avoid Fergie who is playing some wierd music like, it's shite.

Oh, and I find my memory of nights in the clubs rather sketchy too, I can't hardly rememeber any of the tunes played at all this year! :eek: :rolleyes:

As to the club nights your thinking of going to, pretty solid, Friday is a tough choice. I really enjoyed Ministry, I was in the Global room for ages and it was amazing! Monday: what about Cocoon (voted best night on the island last year) and Release Yourself with Roger Sanchez (apparently the atmosphere has been through the roof at this night!). I went to Four::Four @ El Divino on a Monday and Dave Seaman was really fantastic, it was quite quiet. Had a great night though!

Proud to be an Arab, proud to be an Arab clap your hands....

It's good to hear you come from the right side.....!!! God I miss those games every Saturday, home and away, it was just brilliant. Of course that's when we could play football..... :lol:

Now talk about spooky, my Mum was born in the Ferry, Ambrose Street, but has lived in Menzieshill for around 35 years now...same holuse as well.
:confused:

I'm glad to hear I didn't miss out too much in Dundee then, I was wondering.

It is always going to be tough choosing the right night, you never know until afterwards, and people's tastes vary so much, still with the influence of substances, you sometimes can't tell a good night from a bad night, the usual line after coming out of a club, high as a kite "That was the best night EVER !" :rolleyes:

My wee bro has never been to Manumission, I was actually going to go to Cocoon this year. I was at Manumission last year, I mean the place is amazing, a bit TOO big really, the DJ (no idea who he was) was not bad, and when he did a few 80's tunes mixed, it was unreal - when he did Sweet Dreams, it was at that time of the night where you needed a wee lift, and the place went absolutely mad.....but there's too many beer boys and tourists go to gawk at people off their faces and dancing, it's almost like being an animal in a zoo....saying that I love dancing on stage (not that I'm any good - as I'm most definately NOT), so I had to have my wee stint on a couple of the podiums, the view you get from there is unreal....it definately makes a difference, try it even once....in any club..
and you'll see what I mean...

Anyway I'm prattling on now, thanks for the advice....I'll put a review up when I'm back and try and keep a better diary this time...(I won a CD from Spotlight for my efforts - Cheers Spotlight !!!...still love listening to that CD)....

Come on ye ARABS !!!!!
And if you lose yourself at Tannidice next week...
Just walk towards the sounds of EASY, EASY.....

Steve (an Arab for 33 years now!!!!)

I've recently been introduced to Berocca, for just daily use and I know it DEFINATLEY has an effect....so there's a nother side to it then,...
Take it before going clubbing...execellent idea....

And again the next day to save you being knackered....There will one pack of Berocca in my suitcase thsi summer...

For any of you looking for it, it comes in a mostly Green box, with orange lines. You get 20 effervescent tables (10 in each tube), costs about €8 in Dublin. Plunk one a small glass of water, let it fizz out and disolve, then drink, it has kind of an orangy and tangy taste (I've tasted worse).....

We should be asking for sponsorship from Berocca, they'd make a packet in Ibiza...

stevie said:
It is always going to be tough choosing the right night, you never know until afterwards, and people's tastes vary so much, still with the influence of substances, you sometimes can't tell a good night from a bad night, the usual line after coming out of a club, high as a kite "That was the best night EVER !" :rolleyes:

Heh too true! Although I went to the Dave Seaman night almost totally sober and thought it was amazin! I think it was the combination of it feeling more underground because it wasn't that busy, the Asian TV crew who were completely off their tits, being at El Divino and the incredible tunes that Dave Seaman was playing. It was wierd though because it almost felt like I was on pills just cos everyone else was and I had to try and keep up, and I did! Monday is a very tough night to call though.

My wee bro has never been to Manumission, I was actually going to go to Cocoon this year. I was at Manumission last year, I mean the place is amazing, a bit TOO big really, the DJ (no idea who he was) was not bad, and when he did a few 80's tunes mixed, it was unreal - when he did Sweet Dreams, it was at that time of the night where you needed a wee lift, and the place went absolutely mad.....but there's too many beer boys and tourists go to gawk at people off their faces and dancing, it's almost like being an animal in a zoo....saying that I love dancing on stage (not that I'm any good - as I'm most definately NOT), so I had to have my wee stint on a couple of the podiums, the view you get from there is unreal....it definately makes a difference, try it even once....in any club..
and you'll see what I mean...

I went to Manumission last year drunk, but I couldn't afford to buy any more drink so I sobered up, but then we met these American VIP guys who were on TV or something and they were smoking doobs in the sort of forest garden outside bit upstairs, so I ended up getting stoned and dancing that way! I'd be up for goin on the podium though, gotta try that next year cos I'm hoping to stay for at least a month, so then I can go to all 4 of the Monday night clubs!

Anyway I'm prattling on now, thanks for the advice....I'll put a review up when I'm back and try and keep a better diary this time...(I won a CD from Spotlight for my efforts - Cheers Spotlight !!!...still love listening to that CD)....

CD??? I want a CD, I took ages writing my review! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh yeah, and there is another Arab on this message board: moderator JonnyDP! :D

Another Arab !!!!

I'll have to email him, us Arabs should stick together, the days of 12,000 home support are one, or 25,000 at the Barcelona game....

Anyway, fair points you've made there, I have to be unselfish and think of the bro and I know he'd be blown away by Manumission, so I'll just have to save Cocoon for if I ever get back.

Stevie

Time we where in Ibiza 3.August till 10.August
Stayed at Club Cala Vadella (Excellent Hotel)
Clubs we Visited Privilege on Sunday 4. and Amnesia on Thursday 8. Kiss Friday 9.
Bars : Cafe del Mar , Manamana, Pogo Pogo
Best Evening : Sundowner on Monday Evening 50 People 300l. Sangria.
Worst Restaurant : Jet imbiss at Playa den Bossa
Nicest Place : Cala Vadella Beach
Biggest regret : Going Back

Dates you were there: July 29 - August 6
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Club Stella Maris (San Antonio)
Club nights visited: Manumission, Godskitchen, Cream, Manumission Radio 1 Special
Best Night: Cream @ Amnesia (PAUL VAN DYK!!!)
Worst Night: Cream @ Amnesia (8000 people in a 4000 people club)
Best Bar: Cafe Mambo
Best Place to Eat: Coastline Cafe
Money Spent: 800 Euros on just food & drink, according to my bank
Biggest Regret: Not going to Pacha to watch Erick Morillo on Wednesday
Going Back?: DAMN RIGHT!! But in 2 years to make it more special
Top Tip: Be nice, talk to everyone that you can and enjoy yourselves because YOU'RE IN IBIZA!!!

Dates you were there:28th July-4th Aug
Where you stayed:Piccadilly, San An..quiet really, it backed onto a residential area..think the locals got a goodfew of my untanned bits on a night. Clean apartment, maids came regular, only downfall was the DISGUSTING smell of sewers every now and then(usually when you got back form a nightout!!)
Club nights visited:Renessiance, Subliminal, In bed with Space.
Best Night:Renessiance, just because we were'nt expecting much, as the big names were'nt on that night..but Groove Armada were fantastic!!
Worse Night:Pacha..purely because of the amount of people crammed in!!And the drink prices!!
Best Bar:Coastline..had a good laugh with Jeremy Healy when there was only 10 of us left at the end of the night.
Best place to eat:Boyfriend would say Taffy's for the English grub. I would say the Chinese just near Mega Music in San An.
Money spent:Took about £600 between us, spent about £500, enough left for some fags at duty-free!!
Biggest Regret:Not taking up the offer for VIP at Cream..saw all the Club 18-30's going there and decided against it!!
Going Back?;Maybe next year, got to think of somewhere to go in Oct yet!!
Top Tip:Only cut through the West End when you have to!! I know its the only way to the sunset bars but, all thoses PR's really did get on my nerves!!

Dates you were there:22nd -30th July
Where you stayed: Aparthotel Tagomago across the road from Pacha
Club nights visited: Manumission, Miss Moneypennys, Subliminal, Def Mix, We Love Sundays
Best Night: Def Mix @ Pacha. Frankie Knuckles is a god, and the people there were so friendly.
Worse Night: Manumission. Absolute rubbish. Not really a club, just a tourist trap for drunken idiots.
Best Bar: Rock - Just like Base but cheaper and right next door!
Best place to eat: Mambo do a fabulous sundried tomato pasta.
Money spent: About £800 + accomodation + flights
Biggest Regret: Not going to Space earlier and going to Manumission instead of Release Yourself.
Going Back? If I am still in the UK next year then yep.
Top Tip: Bora Bora is definately worth several visits. Go on a Tuesday at about 4:30pm and party hard.

my review

:twisted:
Dates you were there: August 5-15
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hostal La Marina, Ibiza Town
Club nights visited: release yourself(x2), subliminal/underwater, carl cox 01, Zenith, four::four, renaissance people
Best Night: renaissance people, subliminal/underwater
Worst Night: four::four (don´t know what happened, but i did not like it that much, seaman was kind of boring, pappa was cool, what saved the night was the view of ibiza town, priceless)
Best Bar: base bar, gecko, sa trinxa
Best Place to Eat: bon profit, gecko
Money Spent: 1,500 euros; me and my girl
Biggest Regret: thinking that cocoon would be to hard on my girl´s ears, and taking her to four::four, i´ve seen sven vath 2 times, one in my country (dominican republic), and the other one here in madrid... but NOT IN AMNESSIA!!!!!!!. i think i regret that, even if i just saw him 2 months ago here.
Going Back?: Of course!!!!!
Top Tip: Take time to find the cheap, but very good bars and restaurants, your pocket will thank you....go to formentera and rent a bike or something, beautiful beaches are waiting for you..... take care and party safe

Dates I was in heaven : August 4-11
my sty for the week : Es Pla in San An
Club nights visited : We Luv Sundays @ Space, Manumission,Perfecto,Retro @ Eden, Cream,Disco Inferno @ Es Paradis & Euphoria.
Best Night : Cream @ Amnesia & Euphoria @ Eden
Worst Night : Manumission & Disco Inferno
Best Bar : Mambo,Savannah
Best Place to Eat : KFC (hey..we dun get it here in Bordeaux )..and anywhere not serving chinese food (i cook way betta)
Money spent : 500euros
Biggest Regret : Going to Manumission and not cocoon...and going to disco inferno and not MOS (boy wat was i thinking)..bringing 2 boring friends along...
Going Back?!? : Of Coz...next summer..Ibiza here i come.
Top Tip : do as much as you can...party straight from airport and straight to airport...dun think abt the $$..dun miss anything you'll regret skipping when you get home.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dates you were there: 2nd - 16th Aug

Where you stayed : Es Calo Playa.... bloody escapades, well ignored of course.... rooms had air conditioning which was good.

Club nights visited: Manu/Radio1@Privilege, 4:4@el divino, Cream@amnesia, Ministry@Pacha, Sundays@space, Cocoon@amnesia and subliminal@Pacha.....

Best Night: Cocoon....Funk d'void, Green Velvet Live and the master himself, Sven Vath ....... great music, great people, great night.....

Worst Night: any night spent in San Antonio or Cream because it was pure shite.... and ministry was far too busy

Best Bar: Rock Bar in Ibiza town, went there twice before nights at Pacha and El Divino, also a mention for Mambo of course.... great setting...

Best Place to Eat: Tijuana Mexican place was lovely as was the Kasbah and The Curry Club..... Madras was hot hot hot

Money Spent: £1100 easily spent .... could have done with more...
this was my 4th visit to Ibiza and it just keeps getting more expensive by the year......

Biggest Regret: going back for a 4th successive time.... i should maybe have given it a miss this year ...... or then again going by the numbers maybe i should have went this year to make them up...

Going Back?: im gonna have to yes.... 1 week next year in sept...
it is a very different ibiza compared to my other 3 visits.... im hoping the feel isnt going to go away ....... there were much more
louts there this year ....... and when you walk down to the taxi rank in san an on a monday at 2am and there isnt a queue.....
theres definatley something not right..... even though its great not waiting for a taxi.....

Top Tip: musts are Space on sundays, Bora Bora, COCOON, Subliminal and sunset at mambo (as always) oh and Ibiza town
for pre club drinks.........

no no's are - West End and dont eat yellow snow...

Celeb spotting - met Pete Tong in Space, superb guy. also met Cajmere from Green Velvet, Slam boys at El Divino who rocked...
and Patsy palmer who was brand new ........

Dates you were there: 20-27 Aug
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Argos (Talamanca 4*Hotel very nice but expensive)
Club nights visited: Renaissance,Cream,Xtravaganza,Release Yourself
Best Night: Cream
Worst Night: Xtravaganza(people and atmosphere at Privilege sucks)
Best Bar: Delfin Amnesia at harbour and Bora-Bora of course
Best Place to Eat: Doner Kebap at harbour very delicious kebap and chip price
Money Spent: 1300Euros +2300Euros for the accomandation and flight tickets
Biggest Regret: Going to Xtaravaganza and staying at expensive hotel in stead of going every party in 1 week.
Going Back?: Of course next year at septem,ber for the closing parties
Top Tip:Don't go to Privilege even for seeing it :!: :!: :!:

Dates you were there: 9-23 August
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Fiesta Algarb - Playa d'en Bossa
Club nights visited: We Love Sundays, Manumission, Perfecto, Cream, Subliminal
Best Night: Subliminal, Perfecto, Cream, Space, Manumission - in that order
Worst Night: Manumission, still good but the only one I wouldn't rush back to
Best Bar: Bora-Bora
Best Place to Eat: Sa'celterra - Ibiza Town
Money Spent: £900 spending money £500 flights and accommodation
Biggest Regret: Not exploring more of the island in the day, not seeing Tiesto and not taking more photos
Going Back?: Yes sooner rather than later I hope
Top Tip: Go to Perfecto @ Pacha and take loads of vitamins to stay helathy

Dates I was there: from 18Th August till 27Th August

Were I stayed: Club Playa D'en Bossa

Club nights visited: Judgement sundays; Manumission; Rennaissance; Subliminal; Cream; Fiesta d'el Aqua; We love Sundays @ space; El Devinio Four

Best night: El Devinio Four

Worst night: Manumission

Best Bar: Mambo café

Best place to eat: ? always in hotel

Money spent: 1500 euro

biggest regret: going back home

going back: definetly

Top Tip: don't sleep the last 2 days, take half an E before going to the airport; taking of is a wonderfull sensation then and you're not that depressed for leaving th island

Back