World Cup Thread

LagunaBeachCA said:
I was driving to my best friend's place when I called up my dad to find the score. I was so pis*ed when he broke me the news that I wanted to throw my cell phone out of the car. I am absolutely gutted.

I had one of those feelings (when I left home to go to my friend's place) that if I leave the game my team would lose. I guess some of you folks can relate to that. When calling my dad, I had a very eerie feeling, and hearing the news made me sick.

Witnessing so many German flags over the past month was very refreshing, and my best friend's dad told him that the team really brought the entire country together. I really hope they keep the national spirit alive.

Klinsmann. How do I even begin? As a player he was a delight. As a coach he brought the emotion and poise with him, and managed to wow his critics.

you are so sweet!!!! :D

it was sad to see us loosing within the last 2 minutes of the game....:cry: :cry: :cry:

but our team did a very good job! i´m so proud of the german team!!! nobody did ever expect that we will make it that far! :D

Forza Azzuri!!!

what a game, best of the tournament so far and what a finish from Grosso, and that Italian defence, how can defending as an artform be boring :)

the italians attacking play was outstanding, quick sharp one touch direct passing, the skill to beat a man and the muscle to keep things tight at the back.

Pirlo had his best game i've ever seen him play, cannavaro was immense.

there were miles better than the germans

yes it is, he is being honest. the germans played a good game and were going for it, but on the night germany were outclassed by the italians. i feel for you though Heuhnerdiebin, before the game I wanted Germany to win as I usually find Italian football boring (arty defending?? :lol:). This World Cup has proved me wrong so many times.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that had Italy not scored, Germany would have won on penalties. What a superb couple of goals to finish off an epic encounter.

Thank you Fatphil .....

if somebody knows all about pastoral care or spiritual welfar please com to the germ speaking forum to the thread "this is the end" and wrote some nice words. The boys and girls are so sad ....... thank you :D

fatphilb said:
yes it is, he is being honest. the germans played a good game and were going for it, but on the night germany were outclassed by the italians. i feel for you though Heuhnerdiebin, before the game I wanted Germany to win as I usually find Italian football boring (arty defending?? :lol:). This World Cup has proved me wrong so many times.
Exactly what I think. Lots of surprises this year, for better or worse.

I didn't think the Italians could get by on just their defending this year (in the first round, even an underperforming US team got a draw) but they showed last night that their attack is just as potent. And yes, there was some beautiful defending.

A lot of people counted the French out too, mainly due to their age, but they and the Italians have shown that this World Cup is all about experience on the big stage.

Morbyd said:
Exactly what I think. Lots of surprises this year, for better or worse.

I didn't think the Italians could get by on just their defending this year (in the first round, even an underperforming US team got a draw) but they showed last night that their attack is just as potent. And yes, there was some beautiful defending.

A lot of people counted the French out too, mainly due to their age, but they and the Italians have shown that this World Cup is all about experience on the big stage.

I agree with you. What a match! Could not sleep last night....

Back