World Cup 2018 & 2022

Morbyd

Have been busy so only tuned in at the last second of the Russian presentation :confused:

England one was supposed to have been quite good. Sounds like the Russians did well too.

Just over 3 hours until we find out who wins! Looking very close all around.

It will be interesting to see what happens and I would love to see it in my home country

But after West Hams stunning victory over Man U on Tuesday night I have had all the Football I can cope with for one week ;)

Ouch! That's harsh, Olly!

I wouldn't mind if England win. Would be a hell of a lot easier to get around.

Despite living here and all, and halfway supporting the bid, I truly fear the Russians will be insufferable if they win. They're not ready now (and I'm not just talking about the facilities) and it's a question if they will be in 8 years.

Whole thing makes me ill.

Even before the sunday times/bbc reports.

Seeing our PM on his knees to this bunch of crooks over a footy tournament makes me want to punch the screen.

I watched them all this morning, and imo (for what it's worth :lol:):

Holland/Belguim - really solid presentation, did exactly what it said on the tin

Spanish/Portugal - soooo dull, I think they think they've got it wrapped up and in the bag so didn't seem to be putting any effort in

England - by far the most polished and impressive presentation, loved how they had Eddie Afekafe in it keeping it real

Russia - really passionate presentation, but a bit tacky and cringeworthy at times

But to how much sway these presentations have at the end of the whole bidding process I wouldn't like to say, I think a lot of people have already made their minds up a while ago....

I really wouldn't like to call between us, Spanish/Portugal and Russia.

Fook all to do with the 'best' bid/presentaion & all to do with horse trading.

Why are we playing friendlies in far flung places - to buy votes.

Should be decided in a an open and transparent way, driven by sustainability & it's ability impact upon poverty in the host nation.

The world cup just like the Olympics are won but the country that has done the most behind the scenes (corruption). I lived in Germany for one world cup and enjoy the world cup in the USA.. It is great to be in the country for the matches. It would be good to see the cup in any of the countries that are in the running. I would be more like to try to get tickets if played in England or Spain/Portugal because of friends in the countries

Russia - really passionate presentation, but a bit tacky and cringeworthy at times

I really wouldn't like to call between us, Spanish/Portugal and Russia.
Not surprising... cringeworthy is their style!
I agree.. could go either way.

Rumours that 2022 has gone to qatar. So much wrong with this.:spank:
That would be a travesty. Has to be US or Australia. Disassembling stadiums, ffs!

Delayed for another 30mins.
They are dragging this out, aren't they!? :evil:

Back