Women in dance music...discuss!

There is but a few...96% I would never go to hear.. 3 of the best,not coming to a club near you soon ?

Georgia Girl – Boat-Trip by Elektro Uwe

schNee - Salon Majakowsky 17.08.19 by schNee on #SoundCloud

Isabeau Fort - Handle with care by Isabeau Fort on #SoundCloud
Isabeau Fort | SA•SO•MO @ Kater Blau | Heinz Hopper 24.11.19 by Isabeau Fort on #SoundCloud

Given the chat about female djs in here recently, what are you guys' thoughts on Alisha? She went to my school and the last 6 months have been her breakout

Last edited:
Given the chat about female djs in here recently, what are you guys' thoughts on Alisha? She went to my school and the last 6 months have been her breakout
Seen her do a warmup slot at whp, it was decent. Would like to see what she had to offer playing later!

I'm not really into the kind of music that she plays, but I couldn't deny she brought incredible energy to a party that was in danger of lacking any last summer

She's also really highly regarded in the industry because of her work ethic

I don't consider any of these people "female DJs" or think any should be compartmentalised but definitely names to look out for, deserving wider recognition

Sama Yax & Ivy Barkakati (BCN) - both more on the soulful/deep house side. Fiercely uncommercial/political, technically excellent
Morgan Hammer (BCN) - French DJ who moved to Spain a few years back. plays a lot of 80s New Beat/EBM/electro and stuff
DNS (BCN) - a friend of mine from London now living in Spain, plays everything from rave to grime via chicago house.
Elle Souvenir (London) - a mate of mine from south London, plays across the board, started out in hiphop, nowadays much deeper 4/4 or dubby stuff
Kirsty Pemberton (London) - one of Weatherall's warm ups in France last year. again, very diverse selections. can absolutely bang it when in the mood
Ola (London) - a Polish friend based in East London who mixes up the deep stuff and the odd Fleetwood Mac re-edit. Her parties are a lot of fun
Bekka (Ibiza) - one of the balearic family who plays at bars/small events all over the island (disco/beach/house stuff mainly)

FWIW I think it's a real shame that there are so few girls on the forum, that even a thread like this is dominated by guys

Back