WHY IS IBIZA NOT AN ALL YEAR ROUND RESORT???

maybe, i spent saturday afternoon there feasting on country salad and grilled vegetables. it's part of the can caus empire and is opposite the french quiche takeaway!

about 4 ish we headed off to cala conta to sit in the sun and watch the waves.....

it's what winter saturdays are all about.

stephen said:
it's part of the can caus empire
the companatge empire!! ;)

companatge was started by a guy originally from valencia called joan, the youngest son of
the owner of carnicerías ferrà, and it was located in jesús (in the same place where now
they have opened the taberna coneixem). when the business started to grow he bought
the beautiful old villa of can caus in santa gertrudis and moved his business there!! :idea:

Robo said:
i don't know about the state of the economy there, but with most of the money arriving in a 6 month period, it must put a strain on it, or you would have thought so......
Never mind 6 months, the real season doesn't extend for much more than 6 weeks!!

noo, I know you live there i-spy but really the season must be longer! it stretches from late june - late sept. the high season, peak season.

thankx god, that the season is not longer!!...there are very shit people there in july and august,...and so nice cool people in september,...it would be shocking if there would be mass terror(tourism) in sept! :D

Hi Ibiza-Girlie.
It really depends on how you look at it. Sure, by June the clubs and most other things are pretty much open. But for businesses we really don't start to feel busy until the last week of July, and then the 2nd week of September it winds down again. It seems to get shorter and more concentrated every year. I asked some friends the same question over breakfast this morning and they tended to agree. One commented that he used to have a bar in the Port in Ibiza back in the early eighties and he was busy from easter through to October. It definately would not be the case now.
Having a business in Ibiza (unless you own one of the big clubs), is not what it seems. It can be hard in a lot of cases. Take a look right now and you will see a lot of 'Traspasa' signs around (lease for sale).Then even the smallest shop in Ibiza port will cost you about 30,000 Euros in 'key money' just for the right to rent it.
One plan by the ibiza government is to build more golf courses to try and extend the season (as in the mainland).
A lot of the ex-pat community who remain here tend to have income from other countries.

stephen said:
we had to sit in the shade at chiringay on es cavallet on sunday to cool down after walking through the woods from salinas. there were only a few people dotted about sunbathing, but the sea looked so inviting, clear and blue.
hamacas_chiringay_2.jpg

McRackin said:
stephen said:
almost stopped for a drink in the jockey, but decided on the hostal at the end of the beach instead.
its called mar y sal!! ;)
btw, this thursday at the jazz festival joaquim kühn played a song called mar y sal dedicated to his favourite bar..........

12505_1.jpg

McRackin said:
stephen said:
it's part of the can caus empire
the companatge empire!! ;)

companatge was started by a guy originally from valencia called joan, the youngest son of
the owner of carnicerías ferrà, and it was located in jesús (in the same place where now
they have opened the taberna coneixem). when the business started to grow he bought
the beautiful old villa of can caus in santa gertrudis and moved his business there!! :idea:
:arrow: http://www.companatge-ibiza.com/

stephen said:
stephen said:
we had to sit in the shade at chiringay on es cavallet on sunday to cool down after walking through the woods from salinas. there were only a few people dotted about sunbathing, but the sea looked so inviting, clear and blue.
hamacas_chiringay_2.jpg
jrbtwy.jpg

winter 2006/2007 flights

i have just booked some great winter flights check out www.skyscanner.net
only 30 euros from ibiza to barcelona..and loads of choice from barcelona to uk xx booked 3 return trips for less than 400 euros to various northern airports... only 2hours in barcelona.. so trip only takes 5 hours xxx it would be great to have a 9 month season..april to xmas ..jan,feb and march to recover :lol:

i have just booked some great winter flights check out www.skyscanner.net
only 30 euros from ibiza to barcelona..and loads of choice from barcelona to uk xx booked 3 return trips for less than 400 euros to various northern airports... only 2hours in barcelona.. so trip only takes 5 hours xxx it would be great to have a 9 month season..april to xmas ..jan,feb and march to recover :lol:

We did the same - we got such cheap flights for New Year in Ibiza with a 2 hour change over in Barcelona that we're actually paying less than we did for our summer flights.

Back