Why does everyone hate Pacha?

jaycranney

Just before I start this I'd like to put across that I'm defending Pacha in no way at all, but i was just wondering, from a lot of threads on here, why does everybody hate the place?

Its really just a general question as I've only been there once myself, but I had great craic. We went last year for subliminal (Eric Morillo) and the music was great (IMO) and the atmosphere was top notch! We really only went coz there was nothing else on on the wednesday. We'd been to space for Carl Coz the night before and didnt want to go again for LaTroya the next night.

Granted the place was full of complete chutney ferrets but we just ignored them and made our own craic.

All answers welcome coz Im heading out on the 2nd Sep and was thinking about going again.

J

I like Pacha. I've had some really good nights there. They get some top notch DJs.

I think some people just like their clubs to be a little less pretentious. Or perhaps they're more into techno or trance, whereas Pacha is pretty strictly a house music establishment.

In my humble (but correct) opinion, there's nothing wrong with Pacha. It's just a matter of taste.

No, the original one is in Sitges near Barcelona. Ibiza opened up later, but it's obviously their main one now. The ones outside of Spain are all franchises.

I had one of the original promoter once tell stories of the parties he used to throw in Sitges (has a high opinion of himself :lol:). Sounded like it was fun back in the day.

crap people, dull music policy, nice roof terrace, stupid prices, its all about the unimportant VIPs

it obviously has its place though, lots of folk like it and are willing to pay €70 on some nights to get in.

whoever does their marketting must be pretty well paid

Lovely terrace, cool layout, crazy invasion of VIP areas full of unimportant important people, too expensive, etc, etc...
But, I must say I have had some top nights in the Funky Room with lovely people so can't knock it too much!! And spent from 5 til 6.30am in main room at Flower Power this am, was pretty unique for Pacha.

€70??? What night is this?
Oh yea, I've heard about Sitges... I didn't know it was the original though.
I guess you do learn something new everyday... :)

i love pacha.

think it could do with spicing the lineups up a bit - defected has been weak this year, but then pure pacha is a bit different.

basically, pacha still rocks. most people have the "OMG, it's full of pretentious tw*ts" blinkers on, so don't see past that. in the middle of the floor in the main room, it's always been great.

likewise, the funky room is class.

I like Pacha, ive only been twice, both nites were Renaissance,first time was to see Deep Dish who were rocking, last year i seen Hernan Catteneo who played dull as dishwater Progressive House, music more suited to sitting at home than in a club (In stark contrast to the stuff Deep Dish played the year previously)although the Retro room saved the nite with some cracking tunage.

There were some Italian posers there but there were far more of these knobs @ WLS in Space:rolleyes:

The Terrace in Pacha is lovely as well, the drinks prices though are extordinate:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
in the middle of the floor in the main room, it's always been great.
I always take up residence near the bottom of the staircase to the right as you come in and pass the DJ booth. Got a bar right there. The smaller, less-busy WC nearby. And quick access to the roof. Always a good time 8)

I always take up residence near the bottom of the staircase to the right as you come in and pass the DJ booth. Got a bar right there. The smaller, less-busy WC nearby. And quick access to the roof. Always a good time 8)

One of my fave areas to be, close enough to the dancefloor, toilet and bar, and the roof terrace stairs :lol:

I've always enjoyed Pacha, sure there have been a couple of not so great nights, but i've had that at the other venues in Ibiza also. I love the layout of the club, the little stairways and hidden corridors, i love the roof terrace and i realy enjoy eating there and then going straight into the club. I really like the funky room too 8)

The only thing that does my head in now is the drink prices and ever encroaching VIP areas :spank: :twisted:

I love it. Not certain I will ever be back there, but it has a few amazing memories for me. The flower power/fetish night we went to in July is dear in my all time nights.

Yes the VIP jazz can be annoying, but thats a symptom of Ibiza at large - VIP this, exclusive that yadayadayayda - just find a corner and throw shapes to the world's finest house music!

I had great craic. We went last year for subliminal (Eric Morillo) and the music was great (IMO) and the atmosphere was top notch!

That's because Subliminal Sessions is by far the best night at Pacha!
That's being said by someone (me) who was at Pacha more than 20 times total, yet dislikes Pacha! :eek:

I know exactly were your talking about...
When we went last year we went up those stairs beside the dj booth and hung around up top for a bit, but the msuci was rockin and we need to get involved so we picked that spot... def one of the best locations.

Although, there was a period were i needed a break and it was a bit of a melt getting back up the stairs to get to the roof i thought, we got there in the end though.

Really looking forward to going back again now! :) 8)

J

It all comes down to what you look for in a night club and what music you prefer. Me personally- Techno, Trance and Minimal/Electronic House so I prefer to go to places like Privilege, Amnesia and Space. I'm not saying Pacha is sh1t- just that it isn't really my kind of place.

It doesn't really go off in there in the way that it does at Space or Amnesia and in my opinion I don't think the emphasis is as much on the music as it is at Space or Amnesia either more on getting tarted up and standing around all night! :spank:

I quite like Pacha but it's not really a 'proper' club imo, I always like to go once a holiday but will start off with a meal in the restaurant to make more a 'nice' night of it, whereas if I want a full-on clubbing night then I'd go to Space or Amnesia as Pacha very rarely goes off. I think that's mainly due to the people it attracts, most people aren't really there for the DJs or music - I once saw Danny T playing for Pure Pacha there and the crowd were just stood around on the dancefloor chatting away :rolleyes:

Also I think the line-ups are very same-y same-y these days, I used to go to Pacha a lot more when there were the likes of Ministry there on a Friday, Perfecto on a Tuesday and Renaissance on a Wednesday.

But it does it's job and it's nice to go once in a holiday as a bit of a change of scene.

I always like to go once a holiday but will start off with a meal in the restaurant to make more a 'nice' night of it,

I once saw Danny T playing for Pure Pacha there and the crowd were just stood around on the dancefloor chatting away :rolleyes:

But it does it's job and it's nice to go once in a holiday as a bit of a change of scene.

Think i was there for the DT thing, wasnt it 03 (ish), and he was a suprise guest as it was the pacha awards ? He was on early though. :confused: :spank:

You going in september for Pure pacha closing ? Think i might pop along ;)

Think i was there for the DT thing, wasnt it 03 (ish), and he was a suprise guest as it was the pacha awards ? He was on early though. :confused: :spank:

You going in september for Pure pacha closing ? Think i might pop along ;)

Yep he was a surprise guest and he played at about 1pm :rolleyes:

I'm not a huge fan of Pure Pacha, will see how I'm feeling after Subliminal Closing and Danny T Closing, I may need a night off at my age :lol:

Yep he was a surprise guest and he played at about 1pm :rolleyes:

I'm not a huge fan of Pure Pacha, will see how I'm feeling after Subliminal Closing and Danny T Closing, I may need a night off at my age :lol:

yeah I'm debating the pure pacha closing too.. hopefully won't be too worn out from Danny t the night before.

what else is on that Friday? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back