Whos cancelled this year ?

After our trip was cancelled (due out next Tuesday) we have opted for 5 nights chilling in Sorrento. Day trip to Naples, day trip Capri Island, and a hike along the almalfi coastline (10km trail called path of the gods). Rest of the time eating pasta and drinking Red!!!
Will be half the cost of what our 6 days in Ibiza would have set us back. After so many great trips to ibiza I’m not sure the lure will be there to make the pilgrimage again until them clubs get back open! In fact I’m relishing the chance to visit a new part of the world.

After our trip was cancelled (due out next Tuesday) we have opted for 5 nights chilling in Sorrento. Day trip to Naples, day trip Capri Island, and a hike along the almalfi coastline (10km trail called path of the gods). Rest of the time eating pasta and drinking Red!!!
Will be half the cost of what our 6 days in Ibiza would have set us back. After so many great trips to ibiza I’m not sure the lure will be there to make the pilgrimage again until them clubs get back open! In fact I’m relishing the chance to visit a new part of the world.

Our July trip got canceled as well and as it got canceled, we decided against booking anything for 2020. Now looking in retrospective I'm not shure the massive spending in Ibiza will be on the table anymore. We have been there 5 years straight and it has been epic, but... without parties, or any kind of restrictions it's just not the same. I know it's a bit controversial here, but we are one of "those" people who books ushuaia for a week and has tableservice etc and for that one week it's been great. However if the clubs and parties remains restricted, there are lots of nice places in the world which will win hands down for vacay destinations without clubbing. As for the economy of Ibiza without music and best clubs... it's going to see a lot of boarded up properties and when that starts to happen, the island will newer be the same. I truly hope the rich and famous don't start to sell away their properties because they are a vital part of Ibiza magic as we know it. If that happens, there will be a different Ibiza which can be as nice, but it won't be the same and of course the prices will have to make a move down. That is known as deflation and that's what leaves a lot of bodies on the streets.. 10 cents worth of morning ramble?

We were supposed to be going to Sorrento on our Honeymoon in June, was meant to be IMS Ibiza one week, wedding the next, Sorrento straight after. This year has been a mess!

We thought hotel prices in Sorrento were savage....but it did look lovely. Italy was the first place to get hit hard by the virus so that decision was taken out of our hands quite early on....

I don't think that *has* to be the outcome. We shouldn't be held hostage to extreme capitalism.
You are right of course and it probably won't come to any kind of drama effect. Everything kind of hangs together with the longevity of current situation. There is however in real sense already one set of fresh 18year Olds who didn't go to Ibiza as their first vacay

We were supposed to be going to Sorrento on our Honeymoon in June, was meant to be IMS Ibiza one week, wedding the next, Sorrento straight after. This year has been a mess!

We thought hotel prices in Sorrento were savage....but it did look lovely. Italy was the first place to get hit hard by the virus so that decision was taken out of our hands quite early on....

We paid £500 for 5 nights in somewhere of similar standard (hopefully) of where we stay in Ibiza. Same sort of price as Ibiza. The saving we make will be on spends when we get there absolutely no doubt!!!

My trip for 18 nights in June was cancelled and although gutted was relieved to get full refunds on my flight and hotel bookings.

I still have a trip planned though - flying out on the 20th Sept for three weeks. However I think this is hanging by a thread now. Two weeks ago BA cancelled my outward flight from London City airport, but thankfully moved me onto a flight just 30 mins earlier.

This morning I received another email from BA saying this flight is now cancelled and I’ve been moved to a flight from Heathrow. Not sure whether to accept this booking or not the way things are at the moment. Trouble is I booked my return inbound flight separately, so I’m not eligible for an automatic refund on this flight - although I’m pretty sure it will also get cancelled eventually.

I’ve got two hotels booked in San An, as far as I know they’re both open so not quite sure what my cancellation/refund options are.

Think I’ll just wait for Monday’s ‘Confinement’ announcement and then try and make a decision.

I would say definitely get away somewhere if you can, don't give up on this year. Understandably it's difficult (especially if you are a Jock or a Taff)

We had 3 holidays cancelled this year and I was pretty sad about it. Was just starting to look at Croatia as a possible destination, then it got put on the quarantine list ?

Genuinely thought we were doomed ?

So we took a gamble last week and booked a long weekend in Portugal. Literally booked it the day before.

Everything was going great until about 20 minutes after taking off and an old bloke collapsed on the plane! We had to make a detour and land in Dublin to let him off into the care of some waiting paramedics!

I thought bloody hell, what next ?‍♂️

Finally made it to Portugal about 2 hours late.

Its was well worth it! We've never been to Portugal, and arrived with low expectations, apart from wanting some sunshine and chill out time away from the world.

Would I go back? Hell yes :D Albufeira has a great strip that would put the West End to shame (I know most of you think places like this are uncouth and below you, but I fcuking love it haha), and the old town area is awesome day and night. Great beach too.

Would I choose it over Ibiza? Probably will if there are no nightclubs open next year etc. One of the main things I noticed is how much cheaper everything was in the Algarve.

So in short, take a gamble and get away somewhere if you can. Its good to get a break, especially after a year like this.

Thanks Antonio.

I’ve stayed in Albufeira several times many years ago although always out of season, but yes it’s a really great place.

I’m thinking seriously about accepting the Heathrow flight to Ibiza - if it also gets cancelled then so be it - but it’s my last chance saloon.

Although I’m new to these forums I’ve been visiting Ibiza for over 15 years now - twice a year for the last 10 years, was there for over seven weeks last year.

Made some great friends there who I usually bump into every year. I know it’ll be very different if I do get out there this year but I will truly be gutted if I don’t make it.

If it doesn’t happen I will try my best to take your advice and find somewhere to go - the quarantine doesn’t bother me. I renewed my passport just before Covid hit - I’m determined to use it!

I would say definitely get away somewhere if you can, don't give up on this year. Understandably it's difficult (especially if you are a Jock or a Taff)

We had 3 holidays cancelled this year and I was pretty sad about it. Was just starting to look at Croatia as a possible destination, then it got put on the quarantine list ?

So we took a gamble last week and booked a long weekend in Portugal. Literally booked it the day before.

Everything was going great until about 20 minutes after taking off and an old bloke collapsed on the plane! We had to make a detour and land in Dublin to let him off into the care of some waiting paramedics!

Its was well worth it! We've never been to Portugal, and arrived with low expectations, apart from wanting some sunshine and chill out time away from the world.

Would I go back? Hell yes :D Albufeira has a great strip that would put the West End to shame (I know most of you think places like this are uncouth and below you, but I fcuking love it haha), and the old town area is awesome day and night. Great beach too.

Would I choose it over Ibiza? Probably will if there are no nightclubs open next year etc. One of the main things I noticed is how much cheaper everything was in the Algarve.

So in short, take a gamble and get away somewhere if you can. Its good to get a break, especially after a year like this.

Got married there, place called Alvor! Check out the restaurant called Canico where we had our do if your ever there! ??

We absolutely love Portugal, like you say considerably cheaper than Ibiza and without the lure of the nightlife it’s hard to justify the cost for us! I suspect others will feel the same.

Great post though, don’t give up and get yourself away this year if you can!

KLM have just cancelled my flight on 1st October. At least I‘ll get a refund since they cancelled it rather than me. Just need to see how/if I can get a refund on the hotel. That’s that then, 1st year with no visit in many years. Probably just a long weekend in Edinburgh instead. All being well, I’ll be back next year.

KLM have just cancelled my flight on 1st October. At least I‘ll get a refund since they cancelled it rather than me. Just need to see how/if I can get a refund on the hotel. That’s that then, 1st year with no visit in many years. Probably just a long weekend in Edinburgh instead. All being well, I’ll be back next year.

I suppose one of the upsides will be Edinburgh should be a lot quieter and easier to enjoy without its normal influx of tourists this time of year mate.

Spot on mate, glad you had a good time. It is for this reason authorities in places like Ibiza are going to have be very careful with their decisions next year. There will always be somewhere else quite happy to take your money...

Who knew? Italy definitely isn't cheap and it'll probably be harder finding a cheap beer than it is in Spain.
Very true but the days we will be out walking and we won’t be spending in the clubs at night! Don’t get me wrong with the clubs open I’m happy to be there and pay the price because I enjoy it.
I wasn’t saying I expect Italy to be cheap but in Ibiza you do seem to pay a premium, ive never been one to scout about for cheap beers etc. If I’m on holiday and I’m thirsty I walk in somewhere and grab a drink regardless of price.
My point was the overall cost to me And the wife will be less than a trip to Ibiza and that’s a bonus!
One night in Hi last year I spent over €200 on water, just for myself as the wife was at home!
That is absolutely ridiculous when you factor in the quad hire and paella at el carmen earlier that day along with pre drinks and the club ticket it gets pricey!
Of course I wouldn’t have it any other way that’s why I keep coming back!

Back