Whos cancelled this year ?

What about skiing holidays,will they be effected like sun hold. .?

we’re looking at ski in December for a long weekend. I couldn’t get much further away from people on a ski slope PLUS always wearing a mask of some sort. Maybe no aprés but I’m ok with that!

yep, us too. have you considered Madeira or the Azores? I think they're still ok for Brits

Not the guaranteed weather to keep the kids busy around the pool unfortunately. Even considering St Lucia at the moment, though having looked at it as option because it's exempt from our Government's 'non-esssential travel ban', the USA has it has high-risk?

we’re looking at ski in December for a long weekend. I couldn’t get much further away from people on a ski slope PLUS always wearing a mask of some sort. Maybe no aprés but I’m ok with that!
We're off to Austria in March, and our resort has started its season already. Mostly same as last year, just with sensible numbers in a lift, seated only at restaurants and bars etc

some good news

I love a bit of winter sun. Our last trip in Feb 2018 to Lanzarote was very relaxing, you really feel the benefit from these breaks.
I wonder how much the prices will increase I line with supply/demand?
Or will people still be put off by masks on planes, local restrictions, prospect of falling ill on holiday and change in UK FCO rules whilst enjoying a Larios and Findlay or six late afternoon?

I love a bit of winter sun. Our last trip in Feb 2018 to Lanzarote was very relaxing, you really feel the benefit from these breaks.
I wonder how much the prices will increase I line with supply/demand?
Or will people still be put off by masks on planes, local restrictions, prospect of falling ill on holiday and change in UK FCO rules whilst enjoying a Larios and Findlay or six late afternoon?

I know... we're really torn too. Still got a week to use up. Would it be worth it if there were no bars, restaurants or music?

It is confusing though because large parts of mainland Sp are getting shut down again so I genuinely dunno whether we'd be able to go anyway

I know... we're really torn too. Still got a week to use up. Would it be worth it if there were no bars, restaurants or music?

It is confusing though because large parts of mainland Sp are getting shut down again so I genuinely dunno whether we'd be able to go anyway
I suppose it depends on what type of holiday you’re after
Our last trip we decided on a 4* AI. We hadn’t done AI for a fair few years since the girls were younger. But we ate out a few times and I/we nipped off to “see Harry” on a few afternoons leaving my daughter on Snapchat around the pool.
If I wanted pure chill, then I’d be happy with staying at a decent hotel with the odd boredom walk thrown in. I need time anyway to catch up on all those mixes @craig72 posts?

I'm going to Istanbul in December with work for 3 days.. 2 boring days in a in a factory? and night markets, Christmas shopping, fake goods, guys selling hard boiled eggs on side of the road,vans pulling up all night with everything from socks ? to Canada Goose jackets being sold out of the back. Packs of cigs € 3 ..and Tuburg malt in the bars if you can find one....and the best breads ever from the little bakery's..

Couldn’t do Ibiza cos of quarantine. In Antalya now, 1600 quid for me missus and little one 10nights all inclusive. It’s not got the usual Ibiza magic but for that money! And balcony sessions are still ok...

I am all set for Ibiza in 2021, assuming the EU lets me in. No additional money spent as I used 2020 credits. However there are no guarantees and I want to have some other options line up.

Los Americanos can currently go to Turkey, Egypt and Croatia. Wifey always wanted to see the pyramids to charge her crystal collection, and its on my 'bucket list' too so we may take a week to do that. With the last 2-3 weeks I am looking for someplace fun (sexy?) where we can relax on the beach and keep the boys occupied swimming and diggin' in the sand/dirt.

What can I expect in Turkey? Any music in a normal year? I assume Croatia is more of a couples spot, but I am open to that too.

I am all set for Ibiza in 2021, assuming the EU lets me in. No additional money spent as I used 2020 credits. However there are no guarantees and I want to have some other options line up.

Los Americanos can currently go to Turkey, Egypt and Croatia. Wifey always wanted to see the pyramids to charge her crystal collection, and its on my 'bucket list' too so we may take a week to do that. With the last 2-3 weeks I am looking for someplace fun (sexy?) where we can relax on the beach and keep the boys occupied swimming and diggin' in the sand/dirt.

What can I expect in Turkey? Any music in a normal year? I assume Croatia is more of a couples spot, but I am open to that too.
Croatia has a pretty decent scene (in some cities more than others) never a bad shout on a normal year plenty of Festivals too.. we spent a bit of time in the North over the summer which was decent to mix it up rather than the usual southern regions ..Pula was nice and Rovinj was stunning but like you say they are more for couples id say although Pula sees some good events

Turkey is more family for me there is parties going on Antalya but mainly just the capital. my Nana lives in Side so we have got to see quiet a bit and tbh it bores me to the most part. Istanbul is a great city break but not a holiday

Last edited:
British Airways just axed several long haul routes such as Seoul and Abu Dhabi and are suspending flights to Sydney next Summer (Australian Winter)

Doesn't directly affect Ibiza flights as these massive Jets will be mothballed not used elsewhere I reckon, but interesting times to come when it comes to flight capacity. That Ferry to the island might be an option for many in 2021!

British Airways just axed several long haul routes such as Seoul and Abu Dhabi and are suspending flights to Sydney next Summer (Australian Winter)

Doesn't directly affect Ibiza flights as these massive Jets will be mothballed not used elsewhere I reckon, but interesting times to come when it comes to flight capacity. That Ferry to the island might be an option for many in 2021!
BA is essentially shrinking their network to better survive the next two years. Just about anything that wasn't 100% profitable is going to get chopped. Just about every other airline has done the same. Hotspot leisure destinations won't really be affected, although you may see prices go up as a result of fewer flights.

BA is essentially shrinking their network to better survive the next two years. Just about anything that wasn't 100% profitable is going to get chopped. Just about every other airline has done the same. Hotspot leisure destinations won't really be affected, although you may see prices go up as a result of fewer flights.

I think the biggest burden now for airlines is the debt they have racked up which was loans not granted to them by a government... basically uk airlines. Stick a load of interest on top of those loans while share holders are wanting their dividends. It is going to be really very tough now

I will say that there are airlines that should be in administration (Norwegian) but with government loan has just delayed the inevitable.

It really is very sad

I still have these unused Vueling vouchers. Shall I do a raffle on here?
I was in a similar situation until I realized they were offering free cancellations for credit (at least two weeks ago when I re-booked). Just buy a ticket to a place you might go (or any random place), but remember to cancel again to hold the credit. Maybe there is some fine print someplace that limits this?

Urgh that reminds me that I have no idea how to sort my vueling vouchers out as my log in doesnt seem to work from when I requested them!

They send an email confirming cancellation. The code is identical to the booking code. You dont need to log in to use them when buying tickets....

Back