Whos cancelled this year ?

this thursday, 27.th of august my two week ibiza holiday would have started, i would have worked in the office untill 4 pm. and then left straight after to the airport taking the 5:50 swiss airlines flight arriving just after 7:30.....
it would have been so nice, but due to the 14 days quarantaine after landing back home again i can not travel to my favorite little island this summer, so after not able to come for the IMS in spring this is the second time this season my vacations are fuct up.....i dont realy know where i should go now, maybe i just drive down to tuscany for a few days, who knows:mad:

This day 25yrs ago I was flying back to Dublin after spending nearly 7 weeks on the island and more visits to Western Union than Nigerian Taxi driver,I was tanned, skinny , blonde and had a pink Fred Perry top that all the girls loved when got back home.. got more action first weekend here than I did in 7 weeks Ibiza...#memories

Last edited:
We were to be attending a wedding in June in Cala Tarida that has now been put back to next July now. Pretty gutted to not get out this year but in the grand scheme of things there's bigger things going on.

Coronavirus also scuppered a stag do in Berlin in May and a trip out to see my family in California.

Chasing down flight refunds has been a ballache but I only have 1 left to recover. It was a BA flight but booked through Opodo and they're being very very difficult. This situation would definitely make me think twice before booking a flight through an agent ever again.

In the end I did'nt book as was always going to do it last minute. First year not to going to the island since 1999.

Not all bad as have booked 3 nights in Gibraltar at the end of September. Not crossing the border though!

This day 25yrs ago I was flying back to Dublin after spending nearly 7 weeks on the island and more visits to Western Union than Nigerian Taxi driver,I was tanned, skinny , blonde and had a pink Fred Perry top that all the girls loved when got back home.. got more action first weekend here than I did in 7 weeks Ibiza...#memories
Is that you, Alex Collins?
?

Apparently I need to visit Ireland... :p

I had booked hotel 1-4 October for the closings... after going once a year since 2008, first summer for me without ibiza :(

Booked for 11th October for a week. Hotel has already confirmed it won't open and unable to contact travel republic for confirmation of status of rest of holiday. Would happily cancel if I could but flying Ryanair so flight likely to go ahead...

We booked pre Covid, so hopefully covered by insurance.

Was meant to be staying at same place as GS, so I'm cancelled too. Still vaguely considering plan B, which is to reduce stay (as in flights) to a week (should be able to do for free due to Ryanair changing a flight time). There is some cheap accommodation on offer still.

So far had a weekend in May cancelled. We moved those flights to end of Sept. The week in June was also cancelled. Moved those flights to May next year. Now looking like Sept will be a no go. Hopefully move those flights to Sept next year. Playasol issued us with vouchers for the June week - we had booked non transferable rooms so was pleased with that. Then there was the week in Croatia in July! All transferred to next year! I just want some sunshine!

Back