Who was your first national or international DJ?

K-Klass and Angie Brown at Bugjam 23 in 2010. Used to go every year so but not been for the last 4.
I thought i'd have a look who's on this year. Oh ffs it's Carl Cox! I would 100% be there if i'd known that

n532851183_460747_3509.jpg

love the wording at the bottom - I did get my gum taken off me, but bought a disco biscuit off the same bouncer 20 mins later for £20 -:lol::lol::lol::lol: Just realised, that was a feckin expensive night out 17 year ago......
I remember a young lad who use to be desperate to do odd jobs all week to get £27 together. £1 each way on the bus, £15 for a pill and £10 entry to Camden Palace.

Not a clue. At the turn of the century I got hooked by a teenager who played at local parties and youth houses. He was just a bit older than me and played nothing but club techno and electro on vinyl, often with his eyes closed.

His Torture Chamber CD was actually another of my big direction changes - he was untouchable at that moment.

His Torture Chamber CD was actually another of my big direction changes - he was untouchable at that moment.

His collabs with liebing are the epitome of the tribal techno era imo

Ps: just got back from an all-nighter with Pole Folder and Hernan Cattaneo. Stand-out night/morning, one for the books.
IMG_20230716_134531.jpg

Last edited:
I genuinely don’t know who any of the djs were I heard play out 1990-95. Nor what they looked like, nor even where they were. Not sure my life was any poorer for it though.. i guess everything started to change around ‘95 when the student union started to put names on bookings whereas before that you would get some photocopied flyer with psychedelic colours and the name of the party, something like “who’s ya daddy?” scrawled across. I remember Tony de vit, brandon block, andy c coming down although none massively left an impression. The first who really blew my mind was weatherall and then the Skint lot in Brighton. Halloween ‘98 at the 4 aces in dalston is a party that really stood out. Djs manipulating filters when Touch was big. A real sensory eargasm at a wonderful venue.

Last edited:
Back