Who was your first national or international DJ?

Just seen your post, he's supposed to be marrying Patsy Kensit, and he looks a bit porky now like. i wonder what happened to that dickhead Amos he used to knock about with? Any1 know?

Apparently they've split now, unless they're back together, I had a cd of his coupled with disc 2 mixed by Alister Whitehead, haven't heard what he's up to although I don't know if he was a big dj or not in his day.

i wonder what happened to that dickhead Amos he used to knock about with? Any1 know?

hahahahahaha, amos, last seen on emmerdale farm

sweet jesus - those two used to knock up some terrible records - Argentiiiiiina ffs :lol:

First club was in 1993 at Frankfurt Airport.. I don't know which Dj was playing and I wasn't really aware of dance music

Next Club Es Paradise again not sure about the DJ

Started going clubbing seriously at High Spirits in Leicester

Gosh, I can't remember but probably Fabio and Grooverider round 89/90.

Too much fuzziness ever since to recall exact dates/names etc.

World Dance @ Lydd & Reincarnation. Big fan of Randall & Bukem & Conrad at the time...

ha ha - I lived about 3 miles from the old aircraft hangar at the time. Did you go to the first one when one of the fun fair rides came flying off??

Reincarnation was at King's Hall Herne Bay. Had some wicked heavy nights there too! Still got some of the old tapes at home as well! Memories hey.8)

ha ha - I lived about 3 miles from the old aircraft hangar at the time. Did you go to the first one when one of the fun fair rides came flying off??

Reincarnation was at King's Hall Herne Bay. Had some wicked heavy nights there too! Still got some of the old tapes at home as well! Memories hey.8)

Was at the 1st one... went to a few Reincarnations AND.... Seduction in Margate (DOH!!!)

Matt Howse was a resident at Seduction and I ended up DJing at his nights around Kent and London - Acradia/Euphoria/Down to Earth etc. Went to school with a lad called 'Pooch' who played at most of the above & Elevation, Desire etc.

Looking back... that was a huge era for dance music.

Was at the 1st one... went to a few Reincarnations AND.... Seduction in Margate (DOH!!!)

Matt Howse was a resident at Seduction and I ended up DJing at his nights around Kent and London - Acradia/Euphoria/Down to Earth etc. Went to school with a lad called 'Pooch' who played at most of the above & Elevation, Desire etc.

Looking back... that was a huge era for dance music.

Yeah forgot about Seduction!! Oh dear oh dear!

Elevations done a few of them, my mate got driven off with load of Ragga Twin lookalikes who promptly took all his (and rest of chaps!) cash off him and dumped him in some estate in Hackney! Warning kids when 4 big burly coloured chaps or anyone you don't know especially four of them asks you to get in the back of the car with them, say no!

Reincarnations rocked for such a small venue and always had a good strong line up each month.

Without a doubt, good times. Done the usual old haunts too Berwick Manor/Sterns/Labryinth ( now there was a place!:eek:), Lazerdrome in Peckham another not for the faint hearted/Eclipse in Coventry
I feel like J R Hartley now trying to locate some old flyers!

The club was Back2Basics in 1992 but can't remember who was playing cos those early clubbing years all blend into one :?:lol:

The club was Back2Basics in 1992 but can't remember who was playing cos those early clubbing years all blend into one :?:lol:

Flippin heck flashback !!!

First road trips to a proper club as opposed to a barn/warehouse or field - oop north... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah forgot about Seduction!! Oh dear oh dear!

Elevations done a few of them, my mate got driven off with load of Ragga Twin lookalikes who promptly took all his (and rest of chaps!) cash off him and dumped him in some estate in Hackney! Warning kids when 4 big burly coloured chaps or anyone you don't know especially four of them asks you to get in the back of the car with them, say no!

Reincarnations rocked for such a small venue and always had a good strong line up each month.

Without a doubt, good times. Done the usual old haunts too Berwick Manor/Sterns/Labryinth ( now there was a place!:eek:), Lazerdrome in Peckham another not for the faint hearted/Eclipse in Coventry
I feel like J R Hartley now trying to locate some old flyers!

All of the above and few more before 'em.

Roller Express anyone?:lol:

One of the proper nutters from my school was a bouncer at the Lazerdrome when we were 16:lol:

One of the proper nutters from my school was a bouncer at the Lazerdrome when we were 16:lol:

Also remember various nights @ Camden Palace & Astoria.

AWOL @ Paradise, Islington.... Crimewatch could have dedicated a whole series to the antics going on near the back wall in that place!

I was a bit LATE on the house thing... remember various nights at Ministry (when it felt like a proper club) & hearing Josh Wink - Higher State @ Malibu Stacey, Hanover Grand for the first time. Never before or since have I seen/heard such a reaction apart from when someone dropped an acapella of Missing in Ku (Privilege) and lots of peops (blokes inc) started welling up. :cry: :spank:

Last edited by a moderator:

AWOL @ Paradise, Islington.... Crimewatch could have dedicated a whole series to the antics going on near the back wall in that place!

Breakfast Club at Busbys underneath the Astoria after?

AWOL - yup, there were some 'characters' in there :lol:

probably one of

tony humphries
sasha
danny tenaglia
david morales
frankie knuckles
louis vega......

as for me, although he wasn't internationally accalimed then, saw sasha loads of times do shelleys circa 1990/1?? :confused:

I was a bit LATE on the house thing... remember various nights at Ministry (when it felt like a proper club) & hearing Josh Wink - Higher State @ Malibu Stacey, Hanover Grand for the first time. Never before or since have I seen/heard such a reaction apart from when someone dropped an acapella of Missing in Ku (Privilege) and lots of peops (blokes inc) started welling up. :cry: :spank:

Camden on a Friday for Orange Club which only went on till 2 but felt like an all nighter!!

Used to do the Rocket on Holloway Rd now there was a only for the headstrong night!!

Yeah good nights at Roller Express.

You used to get lost in Lazerdrome and it was so loud in there you could feel the vibrations rattling your chest and ribs! Of maybe that was just my skinny E body!

Back