Who ISN'T going to Glastonbury ?!

Super P

I am. EVERYONE in the world is going. Loads of people can't get tickets. Mental. I'm presuming another batch goes on sale at another time but no word yet... ?!

Already got India, Berlin, Amsterdam, Ibiza and San Sebastian boxed off for my holidays next year so glasters which was a maybe is a no more.

I prefer small festivals so I doubt I will ever go to Glastonbury unless it was free or a lover twisted my arm or something.

if I go to any, it will be big chill/bestival/green man depending on mates/lineups

will almost certainly be returning to Ibiza/Formentera next summer - most likely with a car

my spanish family have pressganged me into spending christmas in Tenerife this year, which will certainly make a change from Barcelona...

I prefer small festivals so I doubt I will ever go to Glastonbury unless it was free or a lover twisted my arm or something.

if I go to any, it will be big chill/bestival/green man depending on mates/lineups

will almost certainly be returning to Ibiza/Formentera next summer - most likely with a car

my spanish family have pressganged me into spending christmas in Tenerife this year, which will certainly make a change from Barcelona...

BORE OFF.

Everytime...

Random Spotlight Member - "I'm going to this thing on someday, I'm really excited about, in my opinion it is really good."

Olly - "It's very uncool, I'm going to something much cooler which no one knows about, but is very cool. I'm cool, you're not. Cool cool cool. I'm a better person than you."

BORE OFF.

Everytime...

Random Spotlight Member - "I'm going to this thing on someday, I'm really excited about, in my opinion it is really good."

Olly - "It's very uncool, I'm going to something much cooler which no one knows about, but is very cool. I'm cool, you're not. Cool cool cool. I'm a better person than you."

don't put words in my mouth punk. I said I prefer smaller festivals, I didn't say they were cooler. I'm not slating Glastonbury just saying it's too largescale for me.

anyway why am I discussing with you - You're widely considered a bit of a twat.

I'm going!

Sod boutique festivals - this is the real deal. :p

I love the smaller ones too but show me anything in this country that compares to Trash City and I'll eat my own eyes.

Space will be first on the list

:D

I'm planning to visit my friends in Formentera again but also to drive around the more remote corners of Ibiza. Am not spending hundreds of pounds on nightclubs I won't enjoy though. KM5 is on the cards as is the blue marlin and maybe cocoon if that's still going, but it is very early days - will see nearer the time.

*1-0 against Almeria - cannot remember the last 1-0 against anyone! 3 point lead. 8)

Sod boutique festivals - this is the real deal

:lol:

Well it is ain't it?

Let's all dress up in the theme outfit and run around with flowers in our hair like we're reeeally crazy! :eek: :lol: (Bestival/Secret Garden)

Glasto has all that too though I guess :)?) - along with smatterings of nauseating rich kids and families etc but that's the beauty of it - you find your niche so it's lots of mini festivals within a big festival, a surprising lack of brand sponsors and no clear focal point.

I can't see you drumming in the elements at sunrise within a stone circle followed by a detox and realigning of your energy centres in the healing field at Bestival somehow. ;)

I was there throughout the 90s and it hasn't changed that much for me...times just happen to be more yuppified and less DIY these days. That has more to do with the outside world than Michael Eavis.

I've never been to a festival like it.

...but realise it's an age old and possibly quite boring debate to be had. :rolleyes: :lol:

Rob is right. Olly is(as usual) totally wrong.

I shan't be going however next year.

Sirens may never ever get to meet me

I'm with Rusty. Not going this time for myriad reasons, not least that I expected Sunday's ticket rush to be more grief than my patience would stand

Sorry Robder, I wasn't laughing at you - that's why the emoticons here are so crap - forever leading to misunderstandings - just thought the way you expressed that was amusing

Olly is(as usual) totally wrong.

oof - unnecessarily harsh, perhaps - I generally only 'argue' with the absolute twats on here and only then when there's some entertainment mileage in it.

I have no problem with Glasto (it's hardly in the V league of felony) - just prefer events on a smaller scale. End of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back