Who Is Lord Sydney Ling?

camjam

Hey! I’ve heard of a supposedly amazing filmmaker and Ibiza legend called Lord Sydney Ling. Allegedly he’s a big art figure in Ibiza and even directed a film at the age of 13.
But I can’t find much more information about him beyond heresay. Does anyone here have any info or personal stories about him?
Cam

He loved the doggies... There was some old site with a bit about him.. and some old photos.. don't know much more about him.. was he a self proclaimed Lord? Or really a Lord..

He loved the doggies... There was some old site with a bit about him.. and some old photos.. don't know much more about him.. was he a self proclaimed Lord? Or really a Lord..
What do you mean “the doggies”? I think Lord might be his first name.

Yes, I remember Lord Sydney, blondy boy with bluea eyes and very clever,he use to rescue the Ibiza streetdogs in the mid sixties etc and saved peoples lives from drinking absynthe :) yeah he is or was a real lord...not sure what happened with him or where he went. Greg.

here's some sites with some info:

London bar in the West End often showcased his production on there screens nightly in the early 2000’s. Tastefully I may add.

Yeah,Lord Sydney is or was quite a character,always promoting and helping others and he knew a lot of people. Memorylane stuff, I remember when I broke my foot and when I use to live up in Dalt Vila and I could not walk,he came by everyday to bring me food and drinks,he must have been like twelfe years old.I owe him one :)

I met Lord Sydney in Paris in 2010. After getting in contact through a production company in LA, who put me in touch with his personal secretary.
He took me on a tour of the Bourse district - he walked so fast it was hard to keep up. Everybody knew him!
We ate steaks and drank wine in a locals type bar. He was definitely intense - in a good way. One of the best people I've met.

Back