Who Is Lord Sydney Ling?

camjam

Hey! I’ve heard of a supposedly amazing filmmaker and Ibiza legend called Lord Sydney Ling. Allegedly he’s a big art figure in Ibiza and even directed a film at the age of 13.
But I can’t find much more information about him beyond heresay. Does anyone here have any info or personal stories about him?
Cam

craig72

No longer active
He loved the doggies... There was some old site with a bit about him.. and some old photos.. don't know much more about him.. was he a self proclaimed Lord? Or really a Lord..

camjam

He loved the doggies... There was some old site with a bit about him.. and some old photos.. don't know much more about him.. was he a self proclaimed Lord? Or really a Lord..
What do you mean “the doggies”? I think Lord might be his first name.

Gregformentera

Yes, I remember Lord Sydney, blondy boy with bluea eyes and very clever,he use to rescue the Ibiza streetdogs in the mid sixties etc and saved peoples lives from drinking absynthe :) yeah he is or was a real lord...not sure what happened with him or where he went. Greg.

B_Falls

here's some sites with some info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mysteriesoftheworld/comments/d8alu0

makka

London bar in the West End often showcased his production on there screens nightly in the early 2000’s. Tastefully I may add.

Gregformentera

Yeah,Lord Sydney is or was quite a character,always promoting and helping others and he knew a lot of people. Memorylane stuff, I remember when I broke my foot and when I use to live up in Dalt Vila and I could not walk,he came by everyday to bring me food and drinks,he must have been like twelfe years old.I owe him one :)

justinfolk

I met Lord Sydney in Paris in 2010. After getting in contact through a production company in LA, who put me in touch with his personal secretary.
He took me on a tour of the Bourse district - he walked so fast it was hard to keep up. Everybody knew him!
We ate steaks and drank wine in a locals type bar. He was definitely intense - in a good way. One of the best people I've met.