Who has booked for 2019?

without knowing any of the club programs?

gossip thread must wait for another week or so, but 2019 *might* see changes in both venues as well as weekdays for some of the big nights. the outcome of this season has set quite a few things in motion I think

I didn't think the gossip thread for 2018 could be beaten but from the sounds of things 2019 could be even more intense!

Planning my 2 trips as we speak. Es Canar in July. TBC with my son (first ‘adult’) trip in September.

Not fussed about what’s on when for the first trip.

Second trip happy to take pot luck for the 3/4 days. My son enjoying himself (and keeping an eye on the old man) is enough for me :confused:

amazed how people can plan so far ahead

I don't even know if I'll still be in a job - on a personal level, am predicting a cataclysmic year of despair

Know what you mean. Cataclysmic years of despair are very familiar of late so I need at least that main two weeks in July in my sights every year or I'm doomed. Refundable deposit on the hotel if all goes tits up as ever.

I don't even know if I'll still be in a job - on a personal level, am predicting a cataclysmic year of despair
It’s one of the few things that keeps me sane and gives me hope for the future.

Ok a bit dramatic but you get the idea. :confused:

I’m still on my extended holiday anyway. Best thing I ever did. Time to get back to work soon. :(

You get much cheaper prices, and can just book a hotel that can be cancelled.

We paid around £130 for our BA flights for July next year, so it's worth booking early.

Or you can, of course, book a flight redemption via airline miles which can generally be cancelled for free / for a very small costs - I book a few of my trips like this.

You get much cheaper prices, and can just book a hotel that can be cancelled.

We paid around £130 for our BA flights for July next year, so it's worth booking early.

Or you can, of course, book a flight redemption via airline miles which can generally be cancelled for free / for a very small costs - I book a few of my trips like this.
Flights can fluctuate a little especially early in the year but won’t get that much cheaper than you’ve got! Nice to lock in and as you say can cancel accommodation and book elsewhere if see something else cheaper or better.

I get that you can find good early bird deals and that a lot of bookings are refundable but I wouldn't want to make any arrangements until I know what's going on in the wider world eg some of the brexit scare stories might be exaggerated but I could easily see the £ sinking fast if there's no deal (perhaps for another thread or a PM but does anyone else on here work in EU but get paid in sterling and if so how are you managing that?)

I get that you can find good early bird deals and that a lot of bookings are refundable but I wouldn't want to make any arrangements until I know what's going on in the wider world eg some of the brexit scare stories might be exaggerated but I could easily see the £ sinking fast if there's no deal (perhaps for another thread or a PM but does anyone else on here work in EU but get paid in sterling and if so how are you managing that?)
True but I guess the money we are talking about it might only be a couple of hundred quid here or there (even if it did crash say 10%).

Suspect the money markets have baked in their current expectations so not sure we’d see huge extremes either way. Never know though!

Still won’t stop me going away.

So it costs a few hundred quid more. Not a deal breaker. I work hard to enjoy nice things, holidays being one of them.

It will be 2020 for me for my 40th BD, unless I find a really silly cheap transatlantic deal in 2019. It would be another family holiday, so airfare$ x4 is the killer.

If possible in 2019, it would be June or Sept/October.

Back for IMS 2019!

Flights are already eye-watering around the late May half-term though.

Back