Who has booked 2020

My BA flight from Heathrow in September has just been cancelled. It's part of a holiday booking through them so i've no idea what happens now as return flight is still showing as going and they are selling flights for the same day
Go into “manage my booking” & there should be a link to either choose a different flight time on the day you’re coming back. If it’s out right cancelled, with no other option in the “manage my booking” section, then I’m afraid you have to phone them and usually wait hours (my record is 4 hours) to talk to someone to ask for a refund or voucher. This has happened on all 3 of our trips this year.

Go into “manage my booking” & there should be a link to either choose a different flight time on the day you’re coming back. If it’s out right cancelled, with no other option in the “manage my booking” section, then I’m afraid you have to phone them and usually wait hours (my record is 4 hours) to talk to someone to ask for a refund or voucher. This has happened on all 3 of our trips this year.

I got hold of someone and they offered to put us on a slightly later flight but we decided to just take the refund and cancelled the whole thing. With the quarantine rules coming back in and spikes appearing all over the place we wanted to just forget it this year (3rd cancelled trip to Ibiza, 5th trip cancelled overall)

We have friends who paid 400 quid each to get back from Amsterdam first thing this morning so they avoided quarantine that comes into force early tomorrow.

So far my booking still stands for 1st of October and all being well! I'm thinking of still going. Just wondering if restaurants, bars and hotels will be open. Its only 6 weeks away. Any predictions on what you think might happen in October?? I understand it's all what ifs, buts and maybes. I'd be interested to hear what people in the know think?

EasyJet no longer flying out of Southend or Stansted moving forward either due to the pandemic which is tragic ?
Now the thing is the return trip on the 28th Oct has not been cancelled yet. And when I change the flights to a July trip it’s offering Southend flights. So have they just cancelled those flights for now. I’ve literally just been chatting with a dad at rugby training ( who works at Luton in an office role) he was explaining what it meant by not using Southend as a base anymore. And that they was still Flying from there. So what’s changed since the original news last month?

So far my booking still stands for 1st of October and all being well! I'm thinking of still going. Just wondering if restaurants, bars and hotels will be open. Its only 6 weeks away. Any predictions on what you think might happen in October?? I understand it's all what ifs, buts and maybes. I'd be interested to hear what people in the know think?
I think it really depends on the airline and the actual airport. All our flights from Gatwick were cancelled. BA removed its fleet from Gatwick. Our Heathrow flights were changed / moved too. But so far it’s still flying. Haven’t read the reports from other airlines as we tend to just fly BA. All the best for everyone who is able to get out & enjoy the R&R. My family is in such desperate need of it. If it’s cancelled again (as I mentioned in another post, all 3 of our trips (6 flights) were changed, one half of the flights cancelled, then reinstated, then moved to a different airport, then finally totally cancelled & a whole new booking made for entirely different dates. Every time I had to find new car hire, new accommodation & then cancel it all, only to rebook it all again one last time....) I must admit we’ll be devastated.

I think it really depends on the airline and the actual airport. All our flights from Gatwick were cancelled. BA removed its fleet from Gatwick. Our Heathrow flights were changed / moved too. But so far it’s still flying. Haven’t read the reports from other airlines as we tend to just fly BA. All the best for everyone who is able to get out & enjoy the R&R. My family is in such desperate need of it. If it’s cancelled again (as I mentioned in another post, all 3 of our trips (6 flights) were changed, one half of the flights cancelled, then reinstated, then moved to a different airport, then finally totally cancelled & a whole new booking made for entirely different dates. Every time I had to find new car hire, new accommodation & then cancel it all, only to rebook it all again one last time....) I must admit we’ll be devastated.
Flight is from Luton with Easyjet, so a good chance it will happen. Hotel was pay on arrival so that's not too much of an issue. I'm just wondering if anything will actually be open, I keep changing my mind like the weather at the minute.
I hope it works out for you Liv and you and the family get the break you need. Its bloody stressful isn't it, need a holiday to deal with the stress of trying to get on holiday ?

I'm just wondering if anything will actually be open, I keep changing my mind like the weather at the minute.
I hope it works out for you Liv and you and the family get the break you need. Its bloody stressful isn't it, need a holiday to deal with the stress of trying to get on holiday ?
I think that’s the hardest part; the uncertainty. Sort of make up your mind, feel ok about it, and then something changes and you have to go through the process of making a decision again. Eventually it becomes quite difficult to make any decision! ???

Trying to remain adaptable and be OK with the constant change too. It’s a very bizarre time indeed!

Thank you. And you’re 100% correct! I have worked out I’ve spent a total of 40 hours constantly rebooking; hanging on the phone; etc etc. Good luck with your mind changing! ??

I also not sure what to do.... I was going to go a week ago with all these restrictions I won't enjoy it...

Yes beaches, restaurants etc will be nice but I don't want to go for a chill out holiday

I also not sure what to do.... I was going to go a week ago with all these restrictions I won't enjoy it...

Yes beaches, restaurants etc will be nice but I don't want to go for a chill out holiday
I say get out of Madrid if you have some time, book somewhere close but feels a million miles away be it lakes or some mountain place that would be cooler temps FORGET ABOUT THE DANCE...bring your own party and relax..?

Last edited:

It will be Chillout holidays
Beside Enigma after 10pm or bora bora after 9pm, u wont feel ibz clubbing vibes ,unlless at some private villa after parties
On the other side, i won't be back to ibz until life back to normal, so i will still enjoy this end sept ibz trip! ?

I say get of Madrid if you have some time, book somewhere close but feels a million miles away be it lakes or some mountain place that would be cooler temps FORGET ABOUT THE DANCE...bring your own party and relax..?
I have been relaxing all bloody lockdown I need to release ?

Yes was thinking of maybe somewhere. Close... I just don't know

Back