Who are you voting for ???

Fronty

Im being swayed towards Lib Dem although i feel it may be of advantage to the Tory's ( who i would rather cut my arms off than vote).

Who are you guys voting for ( Chewie I already know your answer ;))

your choices are:

Labour - big instrusive state, country of verge of bankruptcy, illegal wars, uninspired, grey, backstabbing leadership, scandalous criminal justice system, uncompetitive education system, brain drain, dreadful relative quality of life compared to other leading countries, inequality, no ideas about addressing ageing population or integrating different cultures together, death of countryside, alcohol crisis, oppressive police, red tape, red tape, red tape

Conservatives - snotty, cliquey, rich kids stuck in 80s, not explained how they will cut taxes AND cut deficit, (you do the math...) shudder thinking about how they would've dealt with economic meltdown, lightweights (apart from Ken Clarke), no evidence that the party is more liberal, nothing to offer to hedonistic liberals like myself who don't live in 2.4 family units and don't live in Bucks and who don't actually mind foreign people and don't worship at the alter of the Daily Heil

LibDems - they're the nice ones, who you are instinctively drawn to, but there's no experience or bite there. (Vince has a dark side too...) Frustratingly, I want their ideas to be taken on by whoever runs the government but not the actual personnel... I do hope however they hold the balance of power and that they demand PR - the country desperately needs a fair voting system

Greens (see above)

BNP - a gigantic fck off

UKIP - an equally gigantic bore off

Respect - your time has passed Gorgeous George. Now go away, preferably to some Baghdad torture chamber or Rula Lenska's boudoir

Monster Raving Loonies - another tired joke, please go away.

a trully horrendous choice, as you can see

I shall therefore turn up and draw a doodle of Leo Messi on the ballot with a great X in a square added next to it and feel momentarily smug about my totally meaningless and insignicant influence in this travesty of a democracy.

your choices are:

Labour - big instrusive state, country of verge of bankruptcy, illegal wars, uninspired, grey, backstabbing leadership, scandalous criminal justice system, uncompetitive education system, brain drain, dreadful relative quality of life compared to other leading countries, inequality, no ideas about addressing ageing population or integrating different cultures together, death of countryside, alcohol crisis, oppressive police, red tape, red tape, red tape

Conservatives - snotty, cliquey, rich kids stuck in 80s, not explained how they will cut taxes AND cut deficit, (you do the math...) shudder thinking about how they would've dealt with economic meltdown, lightweights (apart from Ken Clarke), no evidence that the party is more liberal, nothing to offer to hedonistic liberals like myself who don't live in 2.4 family units and don't live in Bucks and who don't actually mind foreign people and don't worship at the alter of the Daily Heil

LibDems - they're the nice ones, who you are instinctively drawn to, but there's no experience or bite there. (Vince has a dark side too...) Frustratingly, I want their ideas to be taken on by whoever runs the government but not the actual personnel... I do hope however they hold the balance of power and that they demand PR - the country desperately needs a fair voting system

Greens (see above)

BNP - a gigantic fck off

UKIP - an equally gigantic bore off

Respect - your time has passed Gorgeous George. Now go away, preferably to some Baghdad torture chamber or Rula Lenska's boudoir

Monster Raving Loonies - another tired joke, please go away.

a trully horrendous choice, as you can see

I shall therefore turn up and draw a doodle of Leo Messi on the ballot with a great X in a square added next to it and feel momentarily smug about my totally meaningless and insignicant influence in this travesty of a democracy.

All you have done is reel off every stereotype you can think of there.

Labour - big intrusive state..brain drain...dreadful quality of life (hello daily mail?!)

Tory - rich kids

Come on olly I thought better of you?!

As someone once said, I would not want anyone who would stand for election representing me.

Labour for me. The global melt down (C) would have occured who ever was in charge. No party would ever have stood up in the 90's, even if they had seen it coming, and reigned people in. Human nature means sometimes we only learn by doing. The behaviour of the bankers since then - still huge bonus, no concept of social consience has highlighted this & reminded people of the excess of the 80's.

Brown may be flawed, but he has principles on a social level. Cameron, I don't think he does. The problem with coming from that background is you plainly only want the job for the power.

Unlike others I find it all interesting though.

I'm glad you posted this.

I'm in a huge quandry having always felt that voting is really important since it's a luxury that others don't have.

However:

Conservative/Labour on the face of it are fairly identical and the entire campaign is based around mud slinging.

It's all about benefiting the people at the very top and the manifestos are destined to screw us all as the have/have not divide gets bigger.

We're still printing fake money at an alarming rate to boost an economy which is already dead on it's ar$e. It's a matter of opinion but I'm predicting disaster.

The focus is about getting people off benefits and insulting people into meaningless (often patronising) training to force them into slave labour. Meanwhile we spend millions on illegal wars and endlessly subsidise the rich.

Immigration policies are less about population control and more about screwing the poor. They bang on endlessly about asylum seekers yet say nowt about multi millionaires that enter the country in their droves.

Sooo what to do?

Do I vote tactically? Or follow my truth and have a teenage emo strop? :lol:

I'm disgusted with the system because it only ever supports the rich. Whoever gets in power next seems totally irrelevant (albeit slightly worse if Cameron has anything to do with it).

So I'm probably not going to vote at all - or at the very least if I feel like engaging I might turn up and wipe my ar$e with my ballot paper. I guess it gets counted that way.

Rant over. :lol:

Good to see I'm not alone in my strop. ;)

Granted, Labour did some good things in the early years, min wage, addressing the dreadful state of hospitals, sure start, improving relations with Europe

BUT there's no optimism at all

the boom was a mirage, they squandered what they inherited off Ken Clarke and the country has nothing to fall back on. This is a disgrace. The Germans make cars, what do we do? with a weak pound there should be a trade surplus but we're STILL in deficit... HOW??? Brown was cosy with the City for years, but now that is all airbrushed - hardly the great saviour anyway. Repairing your window after you smashed it. Bravo.

I don't feel like the country is that much better off than in 97.

There is still massive poverty where I live in SE London. I see it everyday. And it makes no difference who you vote for - that will never change under the current system, where only this phantom demographic called Middle England exists

+ I resent the idea I have to vote Lab just to keep the Tories out. For sure they would/will be awful but where's the positivity? - I don't fit so therefore I might as well not exist - so why shouldn't I just vote for that doodle?

I shall be voting Labour... 8)

:lol:

On a serious note, Labours record is there for everyone to see.

If you want a reactive government that owns up to its failings months after the events (yet is still blaming it on a 'global' problem), vote for Brown.

That is all...

I'm disgusted with the system because it only ever supports the rich. Whoever gets in power next seems totally irrelevant (albeit slightly worse if Cameron has anything to do with it).

define rich? millionaires? just under a 250,000 of them in a population of over 58m. :?:

Agree with ya when you say country is in a mess. question is, who do you trust to get us out of it? the man who got us into it, or give someone a chance to prove you doubting thomas' wrong/right*

* answer due May 2015

Brown may be flawed, but he has principles on a social level. Cameron, I don't think he does. The problem with coming from that background is you plainly only want the job for the power.

and Brown doesn't want the job for power? he's been lusting after the job for over 20years!:lol:

he also has thicker skin than a rhino with selective hearing. - best way to deal with a heckler? stop and talk to him, not get into yr Jag waving and smiling and pissing off.

and Brown doesn't want the job for power? he's been lusting after the job for over 20years!:lol:

he also has thicker skin than a rhino with selective hearing. - best way to deal with a heckler? stop and talk to him, not get into yr Jag waving and smiling and pissing off.

naaa...I fink he has some principles. Based solely on my gut & the national min wage as an example.

I have just this second come back from a focus group run by Populus (sic?) to gauge voter knowledge in The North.

It was for people from Bolton. I lied to get on - bloke next to me, i've taken the express for 50 years...other side of the table...the biggest issue in this country is welfare scroungers....

They loved me just loved me when I told them I thought the tide of immigration was somewhat exaggerated. Brought home to me - and evidently, i'm no genius - the mongs that will be voting & that they just take what they are fed.

THAT SAID, at least they are interested in engaging in discussing policy, instead of all this no one speaks for me....get off your arse and do something about it instead of bitching on an internet forum! Set up a party. If enough people feel them same...if they don't? Tough..

BTW Chewie - people voting for the police chief? Surely your not having that?!

I shall be voting Labour... 8)

:lol:

On a serious note, Labours record is there for everyone to see.

If you want a reactive government that owns up to its failings months after the events (yet is still blaming it on a 'global' problem), vote for Brown.

That is all...

Do you not believe the recession etc is a global issue after seeing Greece for instance?

How pray would the tories have managed the past ten years differently?

Gordon Brown isn't my cup of tea and the Labour party have done some wrongs over the years, but we cannot let a conservative Eton ex school boy run our country. Remember what happened the last time.....

A flagship of John Major's Conservative administration (1992-97), the 1994 Criminal Justice Act was a wide-ranging and hugely controversial piece of legislation, as it challenged many of the principles underlying British justice (for instance, the right of a suspect to remain silent) and gave the police sweeping new powers of arrest and seizure, including the ability to shut down illegal rave parties. These were notoriously defined as producing "sounds wholly or predominantly characterised by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats."

VOTE LABOUR!!

Do you not believe the recession etc is a global issue after seeing Greece for instance?

How pray would the tories have managed the past ten years differently?

The Greeks have royally screwed up bigtime going on a spending spree a bit like we have, but with a smaller economy. Yes global recession, caused by irresponsible lending to people 100%+ mortgages who end up falling on their arse when the US housing market went pop.

also, failure of credit rating agencies and investors failed to accurately price the risk of mortgage related financial products, and that governments did not adjust their regulatory practices to address 21st century financial markets. for example, there was a nice 'bond' sold by lehman brothers that was rated AAA (least risk) which were sold by finance institutions in Hong Kong... fortunately most of the investors (mainly the elderly with pretty much their life savings) got most of their 'investment' back, mainly after most banks pretty much admitted to 'mis-selling' these products as safe investments.

I seriously doubt anyone would have touched them if they were told the bonds were in fact secured on other peoples debt.

Point is, system needed overhauling, no one did diddly squat - Brown included, as his pre election admission showed. and for a man who is supposed to have principles and be our esteemed 'strong' leader, he could have put his clunking fist down and said tough **** to the banks and put in rules to stop that kind of thing.

Who knows what Tories would have done. But we do know what Labour did(nt) do. And yes we do know what Thatcher did, and Callahan and so on and so on...

Jesus, imagine the parallel universe where Foot and Kinnock became PM.

You might not like the Tories, but no one can choose their parents, or the kind of life they're bought up in or what school they went to. And if most people did the simplist of things like use google, you will see that half the Labour Front bench went to private school - but thats ok cos they werent born to shoot foxes.

yes Cameron might be all PR, well presented, have a good education - but if you were interviewing either Brown or Cameron to work in your company, who would you seriously employ?

like i said, Labour reacts, thinks a problem is to be solved by chucking money at it. Take Labour's solution to anti-social behaviour... help for you prosecute the little oiks, not finding out why the little ****s go round harrassing/punching/destroying/abusing.

Tally ****in ho! rant over, im going to bed.

BTW Chewie - people voting for the police chief? Surely your not having that?!

why not, someone has to be accountable if a force endlessly screws up.

im looking forward to these leaders debates and making a note of how many times Brown answers a question with what the big bad Tories would do.

8)

Gordon Brown isn't my cup of tea and the Labour party have done some wrongs over the years, but we cannot let a conservative Eton ex school boy run our country. Remember what happened the last time.....

A flagship of John Major's Conservative administration (1992-97), the 1994 Criminal Justice Act was a wide-ranging and hugely controversial piece of legislation, as it challenged many of the principles underlying British justice (for instance, the right of a suspect to remain silent) and gave the police sweeping new powers of arrest and seizure, including the ability to shut down illegal rave parties. These were notoriously defined as producing "sounds wholly or predominantly characterised by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats."

VOTE LABOUR!!

Labour supported the CJA too and never repealed it. A poor example imo. The only party that is a friend to club culture is the Greens (and maybe younger members of the Lib Dems behind closed doors)

Back