Who are you voting for ???

Powers gone in the whole of our building. Back to the 70s ;)

That's what the North was like until 1997.

Dark and cold. No lights or food. everyone fending for themselves.

In fact have you seen the film "The Road"?

That was Sunderland & Newcastle during the Tory years.

70's? surely you's had electricity in the 70's. Or you talking 1870's?

1970's!!

Powercuts: great fun for us as kids, we used to run all round the streets with torches playing knock door runaway, it was pitch dark, the schools were closed on some days. because we were one of the few on our street with gas heating our house was like the communal bath house/keep warm place.

Not so fun: graves not being dug, the dead not getting buried, bins not being emptied and ITV went off the air for what seemed like an eternity (this wasnt so bad)

:D

1970's!!

Powercuts: great fun for us as kids, we used to run all round the streets with torches playing knock door runaway, it was pitch dark, the schools were closed on some days. because we were one of the few on our street with gas heating our house was like the communal bath house/keep warm place.

Not so fun: graves not being dug, the dead not getting buried, bins not being emptied and ITV went off the air for what seemed like an eternity (this wasnt so bad)

:D

You had a house?

we would have killed for a house!

we lived in a hole

filled with water

and we were thankful!

The Tories got into power and the first thing they did was fill the hole.

we were homeless

You had a house?

we would have killed for a house!

we lived in a hole

filled with water

and we were thankful!

The Tories got into power and the first thing they did was fill the hole.

we were homeless

see, the tories fixed the roads that were full of holes under labour!! :D

back to the 60's/70's

it was the year that labour promised my dad and his colleagues (at AVROS) that they wouldnt scrap the TSR2 project which was keeping them in work. They all voted labour, labour got in and the TSR2 project got scrapped. Dad never voted labour again. Wasted vote in my neck of the woods, been labour stronghold forever, you could pin a red rosette on myra hindley and she would still get in! (prime example Hazel Blears keeps her seat)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't they knock together an online site that allows the people to run the country. In similar style to the football club that tried (or is still doing?) something similar.....:D:D:D

where the hell did you find that! :lol:

Mark, would you like to travel south and be treated to a hot dinner? ;)

No thanks, in reality the Tories getting in will mean to me:

My personal and business taxes will come down if they do what they said about the 50% tax threshold and corporation tax and NI.

In a few years time I'll be able to treat my staff like I'm a Victorian Mill Owner and probably get away with all sorts of things i couldn't under Labour as they suspend various employment legislation and other european legilsation affecting my interests.

I'll probably end up sending my kids to public school because the education system will be much worse and they'll turn into little elitists themselves, but i can afford to do it so why not?

I don't need a mortgage or finance or a pension, i've got them all boxed off comfortably in my early thirties.

My private healthcare is top whack so the NHS is of little personal concern to me.

I'll be all right jack. I'll be cosy.

Just like a good little Tory.

BNP FINISHED

Maybe Nick Griffin didn't really expect to win in Barking but he didn't expect to be humiliated. To be personally ridiculed by Labour's Margaret Hodge, who actually increased her majority. To see all of his councillors routed from both Barking and Dagenham. Eradicated by the electorate in one clean stroke.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/may/07/barking-bnp-labour

Something positive at least to come from this general election. With a bit of good fortune, they will be nothing more than an unpleasant memory within twelve months.

The rumour mill has it that this is the offer Labour have made the Lib Dems
1) STV.
2) 500 seat House of Commons.
3) 75% elected House of Lords.
4) Fixed four year parliaments.
5) Brown to resign as Labour leader but stay as PM (not caretaker) until a replacement is elected.
6) Four Lib Dem cabinet seats including Home Secretary and Chief Treasury Secretary.
7) Joint announcement at 5pm on Monday.

Obviously they'll want PR over STV but I can't see them snubbing that.

The rumour mill has it that this is the offer Labour have made the Lib Dems
1) STV.
2) 500 seat House of Commons.
3) 75% elected House of Lords.
4) Fixed four year parliaments.
5) Brown to resign as Labour leader but stay as PM (not caretaker) until a replacement is elected.
6) Four Lib Dem cabinet seats including Home Secretary and Chief Treasury Secretary.
7) Joint announcement at 5pm on Monday.

Obviously they'll want PR over STV but I can't see them snubbing that.

thing is... Point 5 - If Brown resigns and a replacement is found, and by default becomes PM, I don't think Public Opinion will be favourable, unless another election is called.

we'll end up where we started!

Well this is of course true, but it's what Labour are all about really isn't it? Desparately clinging to power no matter what public opinion is, and hoping it all dies down before the next election.

The question for the Lib dems is, can they get away with being seen to have allowed it? Especially given their supposedly strong views on democracy.

If that is the real offer, things could be about to get very interesting.

Well this is of course true, but it's what Labour are all about really isn't it? Desparately clinging to power no matter what public opinion is, and hoping it all dies down before the next election.

The question for the Lib dems is, can they get away with being seen to have allowed it? Especially given their supposedly strong views on democracy.

If that is the real offer, things could be about to get very interesting.

The Lib Dems know this and probably wont. besides, even if they do come to an agreement with Lab, they're still 13 short of the 326 mark for an overall majority... unless they take onboard the SNP and PC too - so even more concessions for those parties. It'd be chaos!

It'll be interesting to see how long the eventual combo of potential coalition will last. historically, not very long, but with the state the finances are in at the moment, ALL sides need to work together.

Back