Which VIP is better?

Hey Guys!

Thanks for all of your feedback. Although it did sway a bit from the original thread, it did offer lots of insight as to what people in Ibiza, or Ibiza visitors, percieve VIP culture to be. To be honest with you all, I just want a chill place in the club where I can sit with my girlfriend and drink a bottle of vodka! I come from Miami, and here, by 2am, the VIP spills into the dancefloor and vice versa...everyone invites everyone else to their table and it's all good....it kinda sucks if things aren't like that in Ibiza..oh well, i guess I'll just have to find out myself....also yea, it is for a special occasion...my birthday and my first visit to ibiza....i'm treating this whole thing like a pilgrimage!....so I welcome any other suggestions you might have to first timers :-D

You'll have a great time. First visit to Ibiza is always the most unforgettable 8)

... many hate the VIP culture thing too,
it's just a matter of convenience they decide to go there.
for something like cocoon closing, where the VIP is rammo,
you'll find most of those people on the dancefloor.
i think you missed my point, i'm not talking about the people who pay for VIP and think they are important.
i mean the workers, DJs friends, bla bla bla, when the VIP gets full of the bad taste mafia, they'll be nowhere to be seen.
i meant to say that if there is ONE reason to go to amnesia´s first floor
- some call it "vip" -
then it´s a ridiculously overcrowded party like cocoon-closing,
where you´re trapped like a smelly sardine between ca. 2 and 5am ...

... after a while "vip" is the only chance to survive ...
a "rammo vip" in amnesia implies mostly an amnnesia-mainhall
which takes you 30min to cross ...
... so nobody on his right mind will voluntarily go down there again
before everything is calming down a little bit (= people leaving)
:)

I mentioned shoom because I thought I'd read in simon reynolds or sarah garrett's books that it or Spectrum were the first trully egalitarian house nights in the UK but perhaps I'm thinking of somewhere else.

Apologies, if I got that factually wrong, (too young to have been myself - I was 13!) however the broader point is valid - the philosophy of the original soliders was spot on and its the corporate boys that killed it later on...

*whilst on subject of dance culture history - for anyone in central London this evening and at a loose end, there will be a screening tonight of various rave documentaries with unseen footage from the time followed by a john da silva set in a room at the curzon cinema on shaftesbury ave.

i think you missed my point, i'm not talking about the people who pay for VIP and think they are important. i mean the workers, DJs friends, bla bla bla, when the VIP gets full of the bad taste mafia, they'll be nowhere to be seen.

True; we were vip at few cocoon closings, but never bothered going upstairs.

I quite like the bar next to dj booth (terrace), not too crowded, generous bar staff and hierbas served in large glasses. Santé Nostrum.

*whilst on subject of dance culture history - for anyone in central London this evening and at a loose end, there will be a screening tonight of various rave documentaries with unseen footage from the time followed by a john da silva set in a room at the curzon cinema on shaftesbury ave.

Wow - really?

Sorry to be lazy but is there a link anywhere?! May have to go.

I mentioned shoom because I thought I'd read in simon reynolds or sarah garrett's books that it or Spectrum were the first trully egalitarian house nights in the UK but perhaps I'm thinking of somewhere else.

Apologies, if I got that factually wrong, (too young to have been myself - I was 13!) however the broader point is valid - the philosophy of the original soliders was spot on and its the corporate boys that killed it later on...

Well..... Unfortunatey I am old enough and was there....I was 30 at the time.
Shoom was good.....I used to go when it was in Kensington High Street. But, hey, it was no better than some of the nights that happen these days in Ibiza.
There was a bit of the VIP thing going on there ,more of a section of the bar area that only those in the know got in...I think there has always been element of it in clubbing culture (except in the punk days maybe...anybody remember 'Replicants'?).
Back in the 80's at the Blitz I remember it being very elitist.
At least in Ibiza you can get inside the club and not have to wait in a queue in the rain on a cold London side street for an hour saying that you know the owner bla bla bla...

With regards to tonight....I hear that the White House in Clapham is having a bit of a special party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - really?

Sorry to be lazy but is there a link anywhere?! May have to go.

DJ FLICKS is a simple idea: watch great dance music documentaries, then dance the night away as legendary DJs recreate the era you’ve just seen on screen.

The first DJ FLICKS night back in April, DISCO, was a roaring success.
Kicking off with a Q&A with veteran producer Arthur Baker, we showed The Godfather of Disco, introduced by its director, Gene Graham. Then, right after watching classic footage from 1970s New York, we recreated the era with blinding sets from London’s original disco king Gareth Marshal and new guns Disco Bloodbath.

On June 12 we treat you to a night of RAVE...

FILMS
include a hilarious World In Action TV investigation into the horrors of acid house, followed by High On Hope, a great documentary by Piers Sanderson detailing the excitement of the Blackburn raves, infamous parties which drew thousands of people from all over the north, and which met with far more brutal opposition from the police than anything down south. We also have a great short film about the Hacienda and are very privileged to have a sneak preview, in the shape of an extended trailer and clips, of Gordon Mason’s brilliant forthcoming house history, They Call It Acid.

DJS
Right after the films, in the Curzon’s basement, Jon DaSilva will recreate the music of the Hacienda’s glory years, followed by Midnight Steppers’ Neville Watson, currently making the best acid-influenced music around.

GALLERY
On the walls will be some fantastic images from Gavin Watson’s forthcoming book, Raving ’89. If you were at any of the acid parties they’ll give you goose-bumps; if you missed them they’re the closest you’ll get.

FRIDAY JUNE 12, 11pm-4am
£15/£12.50 Curzon members
Over 18s only
Curzon Soho, 99 Shaftesbury Avenue London, W1D 5DY - 0871 703 3988

BUY tickets here > https://www.curzoncinemas.com/box_office/book_tickets/8u7rbs

DJ FLICKS IS SUPPORTED BY A BURSARY FROM SMIRNOFF NIGHT VISION.
To win free tickets and become a fan of original nightlife go to www.facebook.com/smirnofforiginalnights

DJ FLICKS is a simple idea: watch great dance music documentaries, then dance the night away as legendary DJs recreate the era you’ve just seen on screen.

Great idea, sounds really fun... Shame I'm not in the area:lol:

I come from Miami, and here, by 2am, the VIP spills into the dancefloor and vice versa...everyone invites everyone else to their table and it's all good....it kinda sucks if things aren't like that in Ibiza
This happens in Ibiza too. I think a lot of people who use VIP end up spending a good portion of their night down on the dancefloor. And I know I've been invited up into VIP by randoms or acquaintances to share drinks. I specifically remember a bunch of very funny Canadians at Pacha once. :)

Enjoy your first time in Ibiza! As Mark said, it's magic. It should definitely not be your last time! ;)

vip rooms are for kunts. fact.

would you get a vip room at shoom?

would you fuk!

house music = unity. there's enough segregation in the real world...

there is a VIP @ EVERY SINGLE EVENT IN THE WORLD!!!!
from hippy filthy tree-hugging bush doofs to pacha..... but i DO agree with you....
they are a ****! & MOST of the VIP rooms arent even the "real" VIP room where you have the uber-vip's (a la kate moss, p diddy etc) snorting moundfuls of coke from glass bowls on tabletops!!! its all a ****...... but...... whatev's.....

in saying that, i dont mind the amnesia VIP as its away from the crowd & there's room to dance..... generally though, id only use the VIP pass to go to the toilets....! :lol:

Shut up. There is no harm if someone wants to fork out for 1 night just to experience it. We are looking into getting VIP for one of our nights in Ibiza this year as its our friends birthday when we are there. No harm in that, It's just something different and for the experience. We will be on the dance floors all our other nights.

if you have to pay to be a VIP then you are NOT a VIP!!!:spank:
i dont get it..... its all a big gimmick by the superclubs to make more money & its pathetic....
anyways, each to their own i guess....but i would NEVER waste my money to sit in a area with people who ARENT FRIKKIN VIP'S acting like they are...... *spews*

if you have to pay to be a VIP then you are NOT a VIP!!!:spank:
i dont get it..... its all a big gimmick by the superclubs to make more money & its pathetic....
anyways, each to their own i guess....but i would NEVER waste my money to sit in a area with people who ARENT FRIKKIN VIP'S acting like they are...... *spews*

maybe some have the money to "waste"

ok then.

cocoon opening last night. VIP packed, could hardly move, massive queue for toilet,

main floor equally busy but much easier to find some space.

:p

Back