Which VIP is better?

piss_bottle.jpg

I'm just imagining their multi million pound iconic piss soaked cherrys hanging above the dance floor. :lol:

I've done the VIP thing a few times but only paid for it once (it was my birthday and decided to treat myself and my mate at Amnesia). I found that at least I had room to dance (although we got a few funny looks from the chaps in Chinos and blazers sat around doing nothing!), the bars were easy to get to and we didn't have to queue, and the toilets were clean and free from completely munted wreck-heads (and afforded a bit more privacy!!). Nothing wrong with it in my opinion as long as you enjoy yourself and aren't to self-concious or up your own arse to do your own thing!

vip to me conjures up images of smug footballers and perma-tanned dames drinking champagne and shimmying to rubbish new jack swing jams

in proper house clubs however, there is no need for elitist rooms - its contrary to everything house represents.

I used to go up in the private gallery at AKA a fair bit because I knew the DJs and so I got the wristband but the atmosphere was sterile - it should just be another room.

sure, I'm all for other rooms to unwind in but the whole concept of booking private areas is wrong and symptomatic of west end trash nightclub culture at its worst

Back to the original question...

Personally if I were to pay for a VIP then it would have to be Cocoon.

vip to me conjures up images of smug footballers and perma-tanned dames drinking champagne and shimmying to rubbish new jack swing jams

in proper house clubs however, there is no need for elitist rooms - its contrary to everything house represents.

I used to go up in the private gallery at AKA a fair bit because I knew the DJs and so I got the wristband but the atmosphere was sterile - it should just be another room.

sure, I'm all for other rooms to unwind in but the whole concept of booking private areas is wrong and symptomatic of west end trash nightclub culture at its worst

to me, VIP is only the same as at a small club or a house party or whatever, when you stand next to the DJ behind the decks or whatever. who happens to be your mate.

for me this is what i find loads of people doing in the VIP. many hate the VIP culture thing too, it's just a matter of convenience they decide to go there.

for something like cocoon closing, where the VIP is rammo, you'll find most of those people on the dancefloor.

to me, VIP is only the same as at a small club or a house party or whatever, when you stand next to the DJ behind the decks or whatever. who happens to be your mate.

for me this is what i find loads of people doing in the VIP. many hate the VIP culture thing too, it's just a matter of convenience they decide to go there.

for something like cocoon closing, where the VIP is rammo, you'll find most of those people on the dancefloor.

Very true

weirdest stuff i´ve ver heard :lol:

i think you missed my point, i'm not talking about the people who pay for VIP and think they are important. i mean the workers, DJs friends, bla bla bla, when the VIP gets full of the bad taste mafia, they'll be nowhere to be seen.

Hey Guys!

Thanks for all of your feedback. Although it did sway a bit from the original thread, it did offer lots of insight as to what people in Ibiza, or Ibiza visitors, percieve VIP culture to be. To be honest with you all, I just want a chill place in the club where I can sit with my girlfriend and drink a bottle of vodka! I come from Miami, and here, by 2am, the VIP spills into the dancefloor and vice versa...everyone invites everyone else to their table and it's all good....it kinda sucks if things aren't like that in Ibiza..oh well, i guess I'll just have to find out myself....also yea, it is for a special occasion...my birthday and my first visit to ibiza....i'm treating this whole thing like a pilgrimage!....so I welcome any other suggestions you might have to first timers :-D

Back