which dj's are in or out?

K

ksixty9

which dj's do you think are going to be worth checking out this season?

and which dj's should be missed?

i want to check out erick marillo if that is correct, slipmatt as usual and fergie

and i think i am going to stay clear of judge jules and arman van heldon

not being cheeky KS9 but do you not mean armin van buuren(my spellings not the best) :D
i too wanna see erick m this year and i just have to see danny t when im there. missed him last year cos i was too wrecked to go out and i've regretted it ever since.
ones to stay clear of are just the usual suspects.ie.julesy, guy ornadel, armin van buuren,etc,etc,etc. would say fergie but he's a really sound guy and he's good at the music he plays it just not my thing. ;)
ps. its always a pleasure to see norman cook so that would be a nice surprise aswell :lol:

arman van heldon

spottydognot being cheeky KS9 but do you not mean armin van buuren(my spellings not the best)

no armin van heldon, not armin van buuren, they are to diffrent dj's
i have not herd armin van buuren, but i can't stadn armin van heldon, he's an american dj who think he can play hip hop/rnb in manumisson.
any who is surposed to be a good dj should know what i crowd wants to hear and when you in ibiza going mad, the last think you want to hear is a slowed down hip hop track in club that should be playing house/trance.

For some reason i was always under the impression that armin van heldon would be good. used to have a record with him vs. fatboyslim many moons ago. maybe not then. cheers for the hot tip though. will know to stay well clear. :idea: ;)

I think Armand Van Helden's gigs are few & far between, so how many times have you actually seen him??!!!
I say fair fukks to him about that incident when he played hiphop in his set, i thought it was at Space though!!??
He only played 3 hiphop tracks in a row & people started booing, i think that's a disgrace, i mean what's wrong with a bit of musical diversity & it was said he was just starting at a slower tempo & was gradually gonna bring it into house music. Talk about narrow mindedness!!!

Djs to see... Miguel Migs, Derrick L Carter & Sven Vath.

Djs to miss... all the usual cheese-meisters & X-Press2
first time i seen them in belfast about 2 years ago i was quite impressed but they've come back to the club 3 times since & practically played the same set every time, no word of a lie. They're still playin that sweet dreams track as well!!

Well said Dirty S. did you go to see them on sat night there when the power cut happened? decided to give it a miss as ive already seen them 3 times in the last 6-8 months. first time i saw them was with darren emerson in pacha and they played a belter set but the 2 times following, their sets weren't half as good and were both really similar. steve lawler and dave angel this saturday night? yes i think so!

I really want to see Danny Tenaglia, so I hope he will be there when we are. I think that we will be going to Erik Morillo one night and I am always open to anything as long as it is not Jules and all that glam type DJ stuff over in San An side. No high energy go, go, go trance or any hard house for me please. Maybe a Sven Vath night! I guess we will see when the listings come out! :D

aye spotty, should be there on sat night! though i'm goin up with mark jackson to the bbm awards in lush on friday so depending how messy it gets... ;)

Has Erick Morillo changed his style at all?

When i first listened to Erick Morillo a few years back, he was very cheesy. He played what i call 'girlie' house or 'handbag'.

I heard him live around 3 times in the late 90's and never wanted to hear him again.

Since visiting this board, all i have seen is people raving about him......so i'm thinking of giving him another chance. Has his style changed at all?Does he play a tougher Derrick Carter style or is it still cheesy?

I have never seen him so that is why I want to check him out this time around. Also because like you said every one raves about him a lot which makes me very curious. To tell you the truth I don't really like some of the tracks on his CD's. I thought some of them were cheesy. However, he also had some really good darker less cheese tracks that I liked. So, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and go check his night out in Ibiza. Hopefully, he won't let me down! :D

Tops on my list: Paul Van Dyk, Danny Tenaglia, Tim Deluxe & Darren Emerson @ Underwater, Carl Cox, and Sasha.

Not to be a hater, but I'll pass on: Tall Paul, Fergie, Sven Vath, Judge Jules,

Dirty S... does Miguel Migs usually play ibiza? i was there last summer and heard nothing about him. i'd love to see him. and where has he played in the past?

Seriously vinylgroover, the man's style has hardenend considerably these past couple of years. he is probably the least hard of all the subliminal djs but still fiercer than before.

Added to that, the one advantage of 'girly' house music is all the ladies on the dancefloor. much more fun than being surrounded by loads of sweaty tops off blokes.

Tribalboom... i don't think Migs usually does Ibiza, nearly sure he wasn't there last year. There were a few of the other class dj's similair to migs there... the likes of Dj Rasoul & Mark Farina played at a place called Portobotofic in ibiza but i've no idea where it is!!

rustywoo said:
Seriously vinylgroover, the man's style has hardenend considerably these past couple of years. he is probably the least hard of all the subliminal djs but still fiercer than before.

Added to that, the one advantage of 'girly' house music is all the ladies on the dancefloor. much more fun than being surrounded by loads of sweaty tops off blokes.

Haha, i take your point. I love house, but prefer the tougher detroit sound than Morillo's sound. I may give him another go.

Farina played Space in '01. No one was there. I guess no one really knows him in Europe- kinda like Migs.Too bad- they're both great.

I went to see Morillo on the strength of the hype surrounding him too even though I didn't really like that many tracks on CDs I'd heard of him, a bit cheesy although some alright deeper tracks as someone said.

I went to see him at Subliminal Sessions and he didn't quite do it for me, still a fair bit of girly handbag house I'm afraid. He did play some deeper stuff which was good but he didn't play enough of it! Although it was nice to be surrounded by beautiful woman who were a bit worse for wear! ;) :p

Sanchez @ Pacha is a must.

Tenaglia - he's gotta be there in Sept (please)

avioding Fergie (wouldn't be paid to endure his boring rubbish)

Back