Which area to stay?

San an for ever, pdb a shit hole since the death of space ibz after
More important question than aera is to have a car or not , a car is mandatory in ibz whatever location u pick

San an for ever, pdb a shit hole since the death of space ibz after
More important question than aera is to have a car or not , a car is mandatory in ibz whatever location u pick
Not after a hard party night though even if this unfortunately it’s not observed by all.

It is the age-old dilemma! Pros and cons with both sides of the island, but having recently done a dual-stay holiday (Bossa and San An), I would personally stay in PDB. It is older and you have a mixture of nationalities...rather than San An which is mostly Brits. It feels a bit more cosmopolitan. We were shocked at how young San An was this year as well. Ibiza town is a very easy short taxi away from Bossa (or you can walk). Loads of bars for pre-drinking along the strip in PDB....

In my humble opinion, you will get a much better first impression of Ibiza if you stay on the Ibiza town side. You can always get a taxi over to San An to watch the sunset, or go to Pikes, but you'll be getting more cabs if you stay in San An (the taxi to and from the airport alone will be around 70 euros in total).

Obviously there are pros to San An as well, but it is easier to have a classy (ish) holiday near Ibiza town.

Good luck and have a great holiday!
Totally agree. The only advantages staying in San Antonio is that you can have a choice of several beautiful beaches on that coast line even if nowadays they are getting a bit too busy for my liking and of course the sunset. There’s is a good and cheap bus service from Ibiza Town anyway to do the sunset and also the all-nighter disco bus. I’m maybe biest but I’ll stay in Figueretes perfect location between PDB and Eivissa centre.

Figueretes is a good compromise. Central and PdB is walkable ( 20-25 min ). Buses are avaiable. Parking impossible in main season.
PdB : Central . Closer to airport and Salinas and Buses are no problem. Not nice there ( you are right FGP ). Typical tourist destination with many hotels and bars. Parking posssible in the side streets if you have a car. Maybe Cala Llonga or something , when you have a car ?
15-20 min to eivissa. Buses no problem. Or Santa Eularia if you have no car. Buses are every 15min to eivissa.
FGP : Car is ok. But there are problems with parking in the whole area of Ibiza town. Normally the Ikea parking is used because its for free.
Sometimes I use the central parking area in the city. Very expensive. Over the whole holiday its 100 Euro if you use it every day.

Was a real dilemma for me this year. I found this beautiful place to stay further north near Sant Miquel which was within budget but which seemed a bit daft on my own (no missus this time sadly due to brexshit 90 day rule) and obvs the hassle getting back.... I considered the old town too but was conscious of parking and wanted somewhere super quiet. SA/PDB are no-nos for me. So don't even go there. I could've gone back to SE which I know quite well now but wanted to try somewhere different. I also searched around San Rafael / Santa Gertrudis but everything very pricey. So in the end went for Cala Llonga. As a base and fairly equidistant, seemed like the best compromise and price was very good.

Not after a hard party night though even if this unfortunately it’s not observed by all.
u are right, but the road pdb to san an is straight (if u take the one through san jose, another story), piece of cake for someone not doing DRUGS n no booze from 3 am too (5% of people 😬 )
Ikea parking is the anwer for people housing in figueretas or going to Pacha/club chinois
Finally some new mate showed me how to get in as i used to park close to ikea but never in ikea P

Was a real dilemma for me this year. I found this beautiful place to stay further north near Sant Miquel which was within budget but which seemed a bit daft on my own (no missus this time sadly due to brexshit 90 day rule) and obvs the hassle getting back.... I considered the old town too but was conscious of parking and wanted somewhere super quiet. SA/PDB are no-nos for me. So don't even go there. I could've gone back to SE which I know quite well now but wanted to try somewhere different. I also searched around San Rafael / Santa Gertrudis but everything very pricey. So in the end went for Cala Llonga. As a base and fairly equidistant, seemed like the best compromise and price was very good.
Good choice.

Figueretes is a good compromise. Central and PdB is walkable ( 20-25 min ). Buses are avaiable. Parking impossible in main season.
PdB : Central . Closer to airport and Salinas and Buses are no problem. Not nice there ( you are right FGP ). Typical tourist destination with many hotels and bars. Parking posssible in the side streets if you have a car. Maybe Cala Llonga or something , when you have a car ?
15-20 min to eivissa. Buses no problem. Or Santa Eularia if you have no car. Buses are every 15min to eivissa.
FGP : Car is ok. But there are problems with parking in the whole area of Ibiza town. Normally the Ikea parking is used because its for free.
Sometimes I use the central parking area in the city. Very expensive. Over the whole holiday its 100 Euro if you use it every day.

Stayed Fig first time this year and it was great...but im now mid 30s and ive done all the San An things many times. If I was in my 20s and hadent done the Sunset Strip id go San An I think to save the taxi costs.

Totally agree. The only advantages staying in San Antonio is that you can have a choice of several beautiful beaches on that coast line even if nowadays they are getting a bit too busy for my liking and of course the sunset. There’s is a good and cheap bus service from Ibiza Town anyway to do the sunset and also the all-nighter disco bus. I’m maybe biest but I’ll stay in Figueretes perfect location between PDB and Eivissa centre.
You also have some of the best restaurants on the whole island right there in San Antonio.

San An

It is easy to avoid the West End. You have the area around Golden Buddha, sunset strip, Rita's to Rio (not forgetting Villa Mercedes) facing the marina, even the restaurants facing the fountains, right around to Ibiza Rocks Bar/Ocean beach and the chill out bars in between.

PDB had a period where it kind of rivalled it because of Space/the beach parties but now.....

Ok so decided on PDB in the end due to close proximity to clubs and Ibiza town. Thanks all for your recommendations😎

How did you find it in the end? We are considering not doing San An this year as we've never done anything else other than a week up north. We are 31 and haven't considered PdB as everyone on here say its gone downhill. And not sure we are old enough for Figueretes yet?!

How did you find it in the end? We are considering not doing San An this year as we've never done anything else other than a week up north. We are 31 and haven't considered PdB as everyone on here say its gone downhill. And not sure we are old enough for Figueretes yet?!

Bossa is getting a refurb this Winter, new pavements etc so that might improve the area but these things take time. Bora-Bora closing is another blow though.

Its easy to walk from Figueretas to the north end of Bossa (but the Hi/Ushuaia end needs a taxi or a few drink stops) the big bonus is its easy to walk into Ibiza Town. I found my taxi bill was a lot less staying in Fig compared to San An.

And im 35 so not much older and didnt find Fig that old 😀

Bossa is getting a refurb this Winter, new pavements etc so that might improve the area but these things take time. Bora-Bora closing is another blow though.

Its easy to walk from Figueretas to the north end of Bossa (but the Hi/Ushuaia end needs a taxi or a few drink stops) the big bonus is its easy to walk into Ibiza Town. I found my taxi bill was a lot less staying in Fig compared to San An.

And im 35 so not much older and didnt find Fig that old 😀
I mean, if the amount of events that have been on since they “closed” is anything to go by, there will still be Bora Bora-ness in the summer

Back