Which area to stay?

NK22

Hi
Coming over in September and am so confused about where to stay. We are 28 and single so don’t want to be near young ones. We hope to go to the big clubs two or three of the nights, do a day trip, boat party, Ibiza rocks, Mambo sunset and O Beach and on every night we want to go out to bars so want a busy spot.
What area would be best to stay? Initially was set on Bossa due to proximity to clubs and not having to worry about taxis. Now wondering whether Ibiza town or San Antonio would be better.
Appreciate the advice.

Hi
Coming over in September and am so confused about where to stay. We are 28 and single so don’t want to be near young ones. We hope to go to the big clubs two or three of the nights, do a day trip, boat party, Ibiza rocks, Mambo sunset and O Beach and on every night we want to go out to bars so want a busy spot.
What area would be best to stay? Initially was set on Bossa due to proximity to clubs and not having to worry about taxis. Now wondering whether Ibiza town or San Antonio would be better.
Appreciate the advice.
Agree that San An Bay might be the one for you. The disco buses are regular from SA to all the clubs, and Rocks/Mambo/O Beach are all there, you can do your boat party from the harbour and there’s some decent bars around town (maybe not the west end), in the bay and in between the two.

In terms of hotels, the palmyra gets rated highly on here and is in a cracking location for everything you want, equidistant from everywhere.

San an definitely. I personally wouldn’t recommend the bay bcos of how run down it was last year when i was there (might of just been because of covid?) and the likes of O beach/rocks/mambo etc are situated in san an rather than the bay!

Thanks so much for your responses. So San Antonio would be the best spot for pre club drinks? And the age group wouldn’t be too young would it?

Hi
Appreciate the advice.
It is the age-old dilemma! Pros and cons with both sides of the island, but having recently done a dual-stay holiday (Bossa and San An), I would personally stay in PDB. It is older and you have a mixture of nationalities...rather than San An which is mostly Brits. It feels a bit more cosmopolitan. We were shocked at how young San An was this year as well. Ibiza town is a very easy short taxi away from Bossa (or you can walk). Loads of bars for pre-drinking along the strip in PDB....

In my humble opinion, you will get a much better first impression of Ibiza if you stay on the Ibiza town side. You can always get a taxi over to San An to watch the sunset, or go to Pikes, but you'll be getting more cabs if you stay in San An (the taxi to and from the airport alone will be around 70 euros in total).

Obviously there are pros to San An as well, but it is easier to have a classy (ish) holiday near Ibiza town.

Good luck and have a great holiday!

Thanks so much for your responses. So San Antonio would be the best spot for pre club drinks? And the age group wouldn’t be too young would it?
The age demographic has changed markedly over the years with the costs involved and the demise of the tour companies that target younger people (Club 18-30's and 2wentys in particular). San Antonio has been especially affected by this trend and so you tend to get more people aged 25+. San Antonio also has better communications than most other places on the island making it much easier when venturing out of town and some extraordinary restaurants and other places to eat. With OBeach, Es Paradis, Ibiza Rocks and Eden on your doorstep you can choose your own pace to suit yourselves. Have a great time!

San an definitely. I personally wouldn’t recommend the bay bcos of how run down it was last year when i was there (might of just been because of covid?) and the likes of O beach/rocks/mambo etc are situated in san an rather than the bay!

I'd say its a work in progress from walking the length of it in July. Some more hipstery bars and restaurants springing up to go alongside the newer instagramable hotels like Romeos but then also a lot of empty units and old fashioned British pubs, the Bay is in for an interesting few years I reckon

I remember way back, San An almost used to be a bad word and I would stay in PDB for sure. But this was when Space was alive and kicking and I could roll from the Fiesta hotels (once a great, affordable hotel, now Ushuaia :( ) to a party at Bora Bora then crawl over to Space / Carry on/Matinee/ We Love etc.. Those days are gone.

Last couple times I've been, I've stayed in San An, and think I will next time too. I did stay one night in a hostal in Ibiza town (rest of the time in San An) and this was convenient for some restaurants

Sure, PDB has the benefit of being closer to the airport/ DC10/ Ibiza town, but in my opinion PDB has gone down so much and kind of felt like a dump to me this time. San Antonio has way, way more to offer in terms of restaurants. I can confirm that I took a taxi to the airport last week and it was 30 (San An to airport). Or you could take the bus.

The places you've mentioned you want to go to are in San An, so staying there would be much better for you I think. You can also take the discobus to go out to the clubs. This was very convenient, reliable (moreso than the taxis!). I'm much older than you and I took it, no problems.

Sure, there are young people there and there are parts of San An which are young, but you are young too, so you'll fit right in. You will not feel old!

Also, at the place I stayed in in San An ( Can Beia - great place btw), all guests (that I noticed) were French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German and I'd say maybe late twenties to 30-40 ish was the average age.

Please don't worry about the age thing. You are one of the young ones! ;)

For me, I wouldn't stay in San An Bay. I've walked around it, but it didn't really jive with me. There are parts of San Antonio which are actually quiet. I would stay there!

Have a great trip! :)

First timer, San Antonio all the way. So long as you make a visit to Ibiza Town and get out and explore other parts of the island (which is easy to do from San An). That way you can make an informed decision on where to stay on your subsequent visits 😉
Agreed for sure about getting over to Ibiza Town for some drinks. And exploring the island.

Also want to reiterate that the discobus is really quite good. The times I took it, it was on time (both leaving San An and picking up from DC10) I get if you have a bigger group, taxis can be more affordable, but it is also only 4 euros per person. Also, the bus from the airport to Ibiza Town was cheap and convenient.

As a note to other tourists, I went on a bus a few times and some drivers would not let anyone on not wearing a mask, so make sure you bring a few spare.

I went to Ibiza for years and it never occurred to me to take the discobus. In fact that first time I took it, I was 40! 😂 and did it again this time. Would definitely use it again.

If you like to go out for nice drinks and dinner, I recommend reading through the restaurant reviews as there are so, so many great bars/restaurants not in the main towns that are in beautiful settings with delicious food and drink.

Last edited:
Back