When are you too old?

amazing to hear this!! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I've lived and worked in ibiza for 20 years, running events at all the big clubs. send me a DM and I'd love to help you out with some events. access, vip, etc.

all the best <3
Thank you Grego, I will be there in early August, will message you. It's an adventure and I am looking forward to it. I am in a decent shape for someone who is well into the 50s, have a lot of energy (seems like I have more energy than my 24 year old son who is tired all the time). I do not drink a lot nowadays but that's because I am into healthy lifestyle.

Never too old. Don't care what people think of someone going to Ibiza at my age. Unless they've been, they don't understand the magic of Ibiza anyway. I've just turned 47 and booked up again for next year. As I get older, for me anyway, it's more about making sure I do different/new things, meeting new and interesting people, and definitely seeing more of the island and enjoying the food that is on offer, rather than full on partying and hangovers. But I still love my music and manage a couple of big nights, just need a bit more recovery time.
Im 47 too and my clubbing decade (25-36, till I had kids) was incredible. I'd love to go to a club in Ibiza just one more time but don't think my partner will be up for it, if I'm honest.

Im 47 too and my clubbing decade (25-36, till I had kids) was incredible. I'd love to go to a club in Ibiza just one more time but don't think my partner will be up for it, if I'm honest.
From my observations last week, I would say you are never too old for Ibiza. But it does very much depend on where you stay and the places to go to. For example 2am in San An, that strip with Ibiza Rocks bar, Bay Bar etc was very very young. Like borderline children....doing balloons, staggering about acting like d*cks. We were pretty shocked to be fair.

But by comparison, over the other side of the island you have a much broader age range...I'd say Glitterbox had people in there from 18 to 70! I am 47 as well, and I never felt old anywhere really...apart from that night in San Antonio!

Well wort trying to get them to go to something like Cova Santa maybe ? I dragged my other half to Space for one night as a toe-dip back in 2014 and we haven’t looked back since … although to be fair she started raving before I did in the 90s … we had a long hiatus from around 96-2014

Ok on the age thing, my take is this. The party scene has never been more fragmented than it is right now, whether by the type of event/music, location, ambition or ethos. There's no 'rules' anymore (if there ever were..) so many adults of all ages have seen kids grow up or never had kids or who lost interest and then regained their mojo, whilst in other instances, they never actually stopped. I was with around 400 or so at the weekend, with ages ranging from around 9-68. It was predominantly people in their 40s-50s (ie my people) and not one of them would have stopped to consider "should I be doing this?" The point is nobody's judging or if they are, it says more about the judge. The older clued-up market is pretty discerning and really just wants good music, good vibes, good times. For me it was paradise, because there was no security, no need for security, no dickheads, no fences, no booth ego nonsense, and no shitty attitudes. Just a lot of very ecstatic, friendly people, DJs and families happily mingling without a care in the world.

Similarly in Ibiza, you gravitate towards what interests you. I think you eventually get to a point in your 40s where you narrow down the things you want into a 10 point list and everything else revolves around that. There is nothing for me to gravitate to in say SA. Call it age, snobbery, whatever you want, but finances aside I can think of no reason to be in that resort. The Ibiza places I champion on here year in year our are obviously pitched at people my age and more on the middle class/alternative/cosmopolitan side. I'm never gonna hang around in a massive pack of 'lads' because that's so not me at all in any way. And the older you are the less likely you are to be hanging around in huge groups. It makes no sense to me when people find they are fish out of water because it's pretty easy to research/find your preferred vibe. As you get older, the late bars and restaurants assume greater significance. For me it's as much about the old town as the more remote North or obscure calas. Approx 90% of clubbing stuff discussed on here means nothing to me so I don't go on most threads now. One attention-deprived Spotlighter occasionally sends me PMs because I ignore his anodyne posts, but life's too short. You identify exactly what you want out of holidays and anything else is superfluous.

When you get out of the tourist ghettos you quickly find out Ibiza is more diverse than it is given credit for. Because you have all these Spanish/ Catalan and - for better or worse - other European, UK and wider global influences all bringing something different to the table, Sure, I wish there was more psychedelia, deep house and options for wild camping. Obv I wish the trash (top and bottom end alike) would fck off. Obv I wish there was 2am dancing under the stars. Obv I wish I could use my intermediate Catalan in more places. Obv I wish greed didn't ruin everything, including the sacred local environment. But what can you do? Boycott - or adapt? Of course, if you're not been back since 1985, you might have a massive shock but I think that people who are able to overcome that will still find things they like, just not the free-for-all of the past. I think the more mature people on the forum are now wise to the dangers of massificación (over-tourism) and maybe a different form of tourism can be managed. I dunno. I just take the view that at 47, I've come to really respect the island, I don't preach at anyone and do hope that the things people like me really adore aren't all lost in the race to the bottom dollar.

Fun topic, here's my two cents.

Firstly total ignorance. I frankly don't know what kids are listening these days and I don't care. Reggaeton? Fidget house? It's all mumbo jumbo to me.

Secondly boredom through insight. It's all about economics and triggering senses when it should be evolving around community building and reconnecting to nature.

Last edited:
When you get out of the tourist ghettos you quickly find out Ibiza is more diverse than it is given credit for. Because you have all these Spanish/ Catalan and - for better or worse - other European, UK and wider global influences all bringing something different to the table

Totally agree with this, when in Portinatx I met a bloke from Chile and in queue outside Cova Santa I met a solo mid-40s lady from Jordan. I wouldn't class myself as particularly well-travelled so meeting people from Jordan and Chile is pretty cool for me.

There was a young English lad about 19yo who'd lost his mates and he ended up sharing a taxi with the Jordanian. I hope to hear one day that they ended up married

I’m 38, husband is 33. Have taken 2mths off work to spend on the island before the need for regular doses of Gaviscon becomes overwhelming and my knees/hip need replacing, preventing me from dancing into the early hours 😆 Never the oldest person in the venue, wherever I go. Defo more to the island than I ever imagined when first visited 20yrs ago, but I reckon age and more disposable income plays a part in that. Whenever I start to feel a bit ‘old’ I think about the fact some DJ’s have 20+ years on me! I’m not a massive drinker and don’t do drugs but I’ll keep coming back to the island for as long as my stamina allows!

Back