what's ur favourite classic

S

seanbelfast

just one please the one that u hear and it takes u right back mines has to be KIM SIMMS TOO BLIND TO SEE IT(HURLEYS HOUSE MIX) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) never fails to impress me

seanbelfast said:
just one please the one that u hear and it takes u right back mines has to be KIM SIMMS TOO BLIND TO SEE IT(HURLEYS HOUSE MIX) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) never fails to impress me

I used to love that :D :D :D

Mine would be Bizzare Inc - Playing with Knives :D l

The Brothers Love Dub - The Mighty Ming.

Get's me every time and still sounds the business now.

Oooh tough one,

I can't name one really, but if I had to then I guess (god this is hard I still have at least five to mention) then I'd go for

Papua New Guinea by Future Sound of London!

(oh but then again what about Moby - Go, Cafe Del Mar - Energy 52, Man With No Name - Floor Essence, Prodigy - Out of Space, Westbam - Wizards of Sonic.....)

Sorry, failed as I have mentioned more than 1 but I will stick with my original choice! Yep, In fact I am happy with that now! :oops:

Barbie said:
Mary Kante - Yeke Yeke :D

I used to like that but we have to play 'world music' at work and I must have heard it a million times in the past couple of months so I'm a bit fed up of it now :evil: :p

A Larry Levan (RIP) remix of DJ H featuring Stephy called 'Come On Boy' from 1993, rare as muck, it was his last ever remix before he went to the djbooth in the sky. Cost me £22 on vinyl, but you can pay as much as £40 for it, if you can find it. Took me 6 years to get a copy. :p

Damn that Todd terry tune is bloody mint, i'm gonna listen to it when i get home tonight :D

I'd have to go for "Where love lives" predictible i know but its just so good and still sounds fresh.

Ok well it would have to be out of A guy called gerald - Voodoo Ray or Orbital - Chime because of memories of early clubbing days at hacienda.
I think i will go for Voodoo Ray sends tingles down my spine with them earie vocals.

dfunky said:
Ok well it would have to be out of A guy called gerald - Voodoo Ray or Orbital - Chime because of memories of early clubbing days at hacienda.
I think i will go for Voodoo Ray sends tingles down my spine with them earie vocals.

I bought an original copy of Voodoo Ray for £1!!!!!!! I ended up selling it for £20. :lol:

I think mine cost me about £2.99 around 1991. I actually had it stolen with a whole box of 100 old school tunes. I had loads of stuff that was pretty valuble, Ive tried to replace some stuff but most of the records are hard to find or really expensive.
My second copy off Voodoo Ray was for £10 from a shop in Manchester called Vinyl Exchange i was a bit lucky finding it.

dfunky said:
I think mine cost me about £2.99 around 1991. I actually had it stolen with a whole box of 100 old school tunes. I had loads of stuff that was pretty valuble, Ive tried to replace some stuff but most of the records are hard to find or really expensive.
My second copy off Voodoo Ray was for £10 from a shop in Manchester called Vinyl Exchange i was a bit lucky finding it.

DFUNKY IF U GET URSELF A LIST OF CLASSICS TOGETHER U WILL GET NEARLY ALL OF THEM ON EBAY AT SOME TIME I HAVE GOT SOME RARE RECORDS FOR NEXT TO NOTHING I DREW MYSELF UP A LIST OF ABOUT 50 TUNES ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO AND I HAVE GOT ABOUT 40 OF THEM ON EBAY QUALITY ;) 8)

dfunky said:

That was lucky. I didn't mind the tune, but was never keen on it. I thought of it more of a classic worth buying for what it was, right time, right tune if you know what I mean. I was in some backstreet record shop in Hull run by a guy who loved rock, but he still dealt in dance and bought old collections. He wasn't too informed though, he gave me an original copy of Josh Wink 'Higher State of Consciousness' (can't spell con.... conscou... concs... f**k it! you know what I mean) just for buying half a dozen vinyl off him. Good shop, still there. I should go in and rip him off again. :lol:

classics...

Everything but the girl - Todd Terry remix of "Missing"
Paul Van Dyk - Another way + For an Angel
Orion - See Me Here
Angelic - It´s My Turn

etc....

Back