what's ur favourite classic

can i pick 2

for an angel by paul van dyk hard to believe its 5 yrs old now but i pick thatr for getting me into this game

gypsy woman by crystal walters for being another classic that dont get to hear so often

lets be honest people we could sit here till the cows come home and talk about classic tunes cos there are so many of them and each one brings back different memories for different people! :D

Ibiza-girlie said:
once again you housepeople are the majority here....guess Im the only one who loves trance here huh?

Not at all, but I was going further back to my pre trance days

Favourite trance Classic.... Veracocha - Carte Blanche :D :D :D TUNE!!!!

mighty dub catz magic carpet ride
pete heller big love(listening it now )pure class if ever ibiza was summed up in 1 tune this for me would be it

x-amount said:
I heard X-Press II - Music X-Press the other day, and it reminded me what an great tune it is. One of those songs that is near perfection for what the tune needs to be/do.

From the "old school", my faves isSashie Tomie/Frankie Knuckles/Robert Owens Tears, closely followed by Joe Smooth - Promised Land.

The thing is, I'm not really that old enough to have had life changing experiences to these tunes. So my "classics" come a bit closer to now.

I would say Bob Sinclar - I feel For You changed my life in the same way Tears changed a generations.

I also hold MaW - To be in Love, Bangalter and Falcon - Together, Cleptomaniacs - All I do, Jazzy M - Jazzin the way as my favourite "classics"
Some top tunes in there :!:

seanbelfast said:
just one please the one that u hear and it takes u right back mines has to be KIM SIMMS TOO BLIND TO SEE IT(HURLEYS HOUSE MIX) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) never fails to impress me

That is a fab track-a camp classic!

Besides that, going to the other extreme, the hairs on the back of my neck always stand up when I hear La Rock 01 by Vitalic.

markEg said:
K said:
Ibiza-girlie said:
well they are perhaps not THAT old...
let me try something else:

Faithless - Insomnia

Quality tune! Im a huge faithless fan! :D

Yeah, me too - u seen them play live K??

They are mindblowing live - to say the least! When I seen them play in '98 (or '99 can't remember) and they played Insomnia to close up, I couldn't even dance - just stood there staring at their stage show in total AWE :eek:

Amazing!!!

But even better, a while back, I went for a smoke with Rollo and Sister Bliss at an after party - I knew the promoter who lined them up to dj in a club i used to go to every week! Great night 8) 8) 8)

/m

No not yet. I was going to go to Creamfields last year when they were playing but it all fell through and I was gutted. :(

The next time they play I’m definitely not missing it, ive heard so many good things about their live performances.

x-amount said:
I heard X-Press II - Music X-Press the other day, and it reminded me what an great tune it is. One of those songs that is near perfection for what the tune needs to be/do.

From the "old school", my faves isSashie Tomie/Frankie Knuckles/Robert Owens Tears, closely followed by Joe Smooth - Promised Land.

The thing is, I'm not really that old enough to have had life changing experiences to these tunes. So my "classics" come a bit closer to now.

I would say Bob Sinclar - I feel For You changed my life in the same way Tears changed a generations.

I also hold MaW - To be in Love, Bangalter and Falcon - Together, Cleptomaniacs - All I do, Jazzy M - Jazzin the way as my favourite "classics"

Cleptomaniacs - All I do .... What a tune!!

Mine would have to be....

Frankie Knuckles - Your Love

Closely Followed by Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam - Let the Beat Hit Em
closely followed by... god there are just toooo many!

x-amount said:
I

Did you hear Louie play Promised Land on Saturday night :D :D :D

Push - Universal Nation
Underworld - Born Slippy
Energy 52 - Cafe del Mar

These are my favourites in the classics department, I guess. But then again I love many tracks!

Nico,

they are some of my favourites to-excellent tunes! Everyone that is talking about Mory Kante 'Yeke Yeke'-I heard it at the weekend :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Had heard it quite a few times before but never in a club. Love that song-so different to most other stuff.

As for picking my all time fav-its just too hard, would have to give you a list of about 10!

Barbie, 'Promised Land' is an excellent song. Not normally my kind of thing, but heard it last week on the radio and love it. :)

Barbie said:
x-amount said:
I

Did you hear Louie play Promised Land on Saturday night :D :D :D

*Deliberately Ignoring This Post*

Mayber Bob Sinclar will playing it on Saturday lol

Oh theres loads but its got to be de'lacy - hideaway, or maybe leftfield's not forgoten. Or maybe l.f.o by l.f.o. Theres to many. :?:

classic classic - Joe Smooth - Promised Land
trance classic - Tilt vs PVD- Rendezvous (Oakie opening Cream 98)
house classic - Xpress 2 - Muzik Xpress
prog classic - Morgan King - I'm Free (william orbit remix)
techno classic - Rolando - Jaguar
and finally
terrace classic - Laurent Garnier - Man With The Red Face (jan driver mix)

system f-out of the blue

absolute classic-quite old but gets me going every time!!!

Back