Whats Up With The West - End?????

C

craigyt2k1

Hi, I am going to ibiza in august to san an in the west end, on this forum i see people dont seem to like the west end. Is it as bad as people make out or has it just got more younger people than other areas in Ibiza??? :?: :?:

West End just seemed different then the rest of Ibiza, it had a completely different vibe. I dunno it felt less Ibiza, though it is a major part of it. I think its your mindset that makes the West End good or bad. i'm sure some would have a blast there. I wasnt there for long since I mostly was there to get to Eden for Godskitchen, but the vibe was just strange.. all i can say is go and find out for yourself dont listen to anybody!!

WESTEND HAS ITS CHARM DURING THE DAYTIME WHERE IT´S OK NICE - CUZ ITS ALL CLEANED UP AFTER THE PUKE, VOMIT, DIRT, SH*T AND NOISE FROM MAINLY - SORRY GUYS - BRITS THAT LIVE AROUND THE AREA. :x

LIKE MENTIONED. The place is nothing like the rest of the Island, and many goofheads think that this part of town depicts Ibiza in general: WRONG! :evil:

The place is where they have the KFC, McDonalds, cheap and sleazy bars and loud music + uncharming people drinking their minds out whilst the more into-the-muic-and-genuine-Ibiza-people prefer the big venues and the more classy places. :lol: ;)

Hope this covers it, I don´t mean to diss the place but it could be any bloody Island this place could be situated in/on.... :rolleyes:

As a brit myself i totally understand where you are coming from but would like to say we are not all like this! :cry: i really want to go 2 enjoy the music and the clubs and djs and be able to appreciate how magical ibiza is. So would you say ibiza town has a lot to offer then?

as said above west end is ok in the daytime but at night its just a road full of bars and clubs that could be anywere in the world. Westend reminds me of blackpool (only reason people are there is to drink themselves unconsious) :rolleyes:

When you think of the West End think of those Ibiza uncovered programs out a couple of years ago & lots of lager louts :rolleyes: - not very classy, & you get attacked by PRs/ppl trying to get you in to bars & clubs. Its concentrated in a small area though so its easy enough to avoid.its situated quite near the sunset strip which is in a whole different league and kinda represents what ibiza's really about. 8)
You wont find quality music in the west end,alot of cheese & dodgy dance. :rolleyes:
Havin said that its great for cheap cheap and quite often free drink,we decided to do the west end one night cos we'd barely any money left & we really wanted to go to a club so we needed all our money for the cover.. we managed to get pissed for completely free, never got so much free drink in all my life. :p
there are a couple of good music shops in the west end and places selling club merchandise which makes it good to visit in daytime.
Anyways each to their own and you'll soon realise when you see the West End whether its for you or not. Whatever you do if your based in the West end do venture outside it or you'll never see the real ibiza.
Dont worry bout the fact that your staying there cos the island is v easy to get around and your not going to be restricted to the west end by any means. ;)

well here's my 2 sense

the westend is okay...i guess the people who knock it don't like it
and the their choice.
i think it's part of ibiza. all these true clubbers forget the are not the only ibiza lovers out they and some of these ibiza lovers are not major clubers.
but like to add change to their holiday.

if you go to a club in ibiza town or any of the big clubs you are going to pay £30 to 50 pounds for a ticket and £10 a drink .....so how's your budget.

the west end is where the drinkers go plus you get the chance to listern to..
rock/heavy metal, rnb, old skool drum and base and jungle.
cos sometimes this house and t6rance just simply does you head in.

i would say try it yourself and see. as you go past if traveling to cafe del mar... i personally like the west end but then again i love every thinbg about ibize.....enjoy

well the sunset strip is almost 10 minutes away by foot, so you wont notice that you are in the west end anyway...i like westend not during nighttime though!
San An is my preferred place to stay, becuz of the clubs there and the cafés. The sunset is beautyful from savannah!
but one can choose to stay away from the more tacky places like Play2 and the street in the middle of the city where the "idiot-sessions" usually take place lol*

To be honest I think the best thing that could happen to the West End is for a bomb to be dropped on it................harsh maybe but fair :p

It attracts complete idiots, it smells and on a typical night you will normally find a police van at the bottom of it dragging the toerags away, do I need to say anymore?

hmm i think you are being a bit harsh here....i wouldnt want ANY bomb to be thrown at Cafe del mar, savannah, kasbah, coastline, kanya, mambo´s, or any of the places in that area .... that´s west-end too you know?

Ibiza-girlie said:
hmm i think you are being a bit harsh here....i wouldnt want ANY bomb to be thrown at Cafe del mar, savannah, kasbah, coastline, kanya, mambo´s, or any of the places in that area .... that´s west-end too you know?

By West End I mean the long road full of all those lovely bars where some idiot tries and drags you in by offering you a free glass of pi$$!

Coastline etc aren't West End, they are just part of San Antonio Town.

well my the west end live for ever,, and the people who go their keep the good work up if you lot have you way ibiza would be boring.....

if you don't like leave it for the rest of us..... :twisted:

noooo I dont think Ibiza would necessarily be boring, but I just think that you can find places like westend on any island in the meditteranian, so why bother doing the same old Shite, when you can explore something completely unique whilst there??? its like going to china and complaining about the menucard...well surprise, they do have noodles there u know? lol* and not english "goodies"

ksixty9 said:
well my the west end live for ever,, and the people who go their keep the good work up if you lot have you way ibiza would be boring.....

if you don't like leave it for the rest of us..... :twisted:

As I've said 100x before I've been to Ibiza 9x and never been into one of those types of bars, I've just had the misfortune of walking thru the West End and seeing what goes on there and imo it gives Ibiza a bad name and it gives holidaymakers abroad a bad name if they think we are all going to act like that.

I don't really see how drinking so much that you're sick in the street or getting into fights is good work :rolleyes:

Fortunately last year the number of people that go to Ibiza for the West End and the like were down, so let's hope that trend continues this year.

Ibiza-girlie said:
noooo I dont think Ibiza would necessarily be boring, but I just think that you can find places like westend on any island in the meditteranian, so why bother doing the same old *beep*, when you can explore something completely unique whilst there??? its like going to china and complaining about the menucard...well surprise, they do have noodles there u know? lol* and not english "goodies"

Or better still go to Blackpool instead and hope the sun shines lol :p

west end

see get in drunk their's no problem with that in my books.

i would be more concern with the amount of people p****d of their brains.
getting killed by cars or falling of balcanies.

drink is drink, drugs is drugs..all part of the ibiza experiance.

as is the west en cafe del my pacha and so one,, i know to some people it looks bad. but to some it's fun.. and that is what the ibiza experinace is..

fun fun fun anf you get out of it as much as you put in... personalley, going to a club nowing 80 % of the people will be pilled out of the minds. chowing the mouths of . is a worse site the people getting drunk...

but then who cares just enjoy,, how many of us would never have gone to ibiza if we had not seen a tv program about it.....

Re: west end

ksixty9 said:
see get in drunk their's no problem with that in my books.

i would be more concern with the amount of people p****d of their brains.
getting killed by cars or falling of balcanies.

drink is drink, drugs is drugs..all part of the ibiza experiance.

as is the west en cafe del my pacha and so one,, i know to some people it looks bad. but to some it's fun.. and that is what the ibiza experinace is..

fun fun fun anf you get out of it as much as you put in... personalley, going to a club nowing 80 % of the people will be pilled out of the minds. chowing the mouths of . is a worse site the people getting drunk...

but then who cares just enjoy,, how many of us would never have gone to ibiza if we had not seen a tv program about it.....

You cannot be serious with that last comment, programs like Ibiza Uncovered did so much harm to the island, they didn't capture the true Ibizan spirit, they just showed lots of idiots drinking themselves into oblivion and then getting into rucks - and that to me is nothing to do with having fun.

Back